• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The anime film adaptation of Koe No Katachi (A Silent Voice) hit me hard

I dunno if it was different in the movie, but...
Wasn't that after everyone had all the big arguments during the movie production? She might have thought it largely stemmed from her inclusion.

That part isn't present in the movie.
There is no movie in the movie.
Also, I'm reading some stuff about the manga on the wiki and Ishida getting bullied is really downplayed in the movie. In the movie it's nothing compared to what he made Nishimiya go through, he just gets ignored basically.

I'm definitely going to read the manga.

Isn't there a montage that shows him getting the same treatment? Never read the manga but it seems like it was pretty clear that he was heavily bullied and since it was the same thing he did, he was able to empathize with her.

Yes. You're right I forgot about that part.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Also, I'm reading some stuff about the manga on the wiki and Ishida getting bullied is really downplayed in the movie. In the movie it's nothing compared to what he made Nishimiya go through, he just gets ignored basically.

I'm definitively going to read the manga.
Isn't there a montage that shows him getting the same treatment? Never read the manga but it seems like it was pretty clear that he was heavily bullied and since it was the same thing he did, he was able to empathize with her.

Nordicus

I'm definitely going to read the manga.
Okay yeah, I imagine leaving that whole bit out of the movie would leave you confused as to "why now?"

Ishida's attempts to get Nishimiya more friends kinda get blown up temporarily and Ishida gets the brunt of it, he tries to act like he isn't completely miserable but Nishimiya knows and she's blaming herself for everything.

Okay yeah, I imagine leaving that whole bit out of the movie would leave you confused as to "why now?"

Ishida's attempts to get Nishimiya more friends kinda get blown up temporarily and Ishida gets the brunt of it, he tries to act like he isn't completely miserable but Nishimiya knows and she's blaming herself for everything.

Well there's a scene on a bridge that kinda serves the same purpose in the movie. I had forgotten about it when I wrote my initial message.

TrueOutlook

Neo Member
It was such a good movie, I read the manga straight after it, just to see if I get could anything more out of it.

Surprisingly, it followed the manga incredibly closely.

Does anyone know what was up with that one scene where she goes to the doctors and they say something about her hearing? It was sort of forgotten immediately after in the movie and the manga didn't even touch it.

It was such a good movie, I read the manga straight after it, just to see if I get could anything more out of it.

Surprisingly, it followed the manga incredibly closely.

Does anyone know what was up with that one scene where she goes to the doctors and they say something about her hearing? It was sort of forgotten immediately after in the movie and the manga didn't even touch it.

I'm not sure I remember the details correctly. But I think it's implied that they learn from the doctor that her hearing in the left or right ear is now completely gone and won't come back. IIRC in later parts of the movie she wears only one hearing aid instead of two.

Scipio

I have not yet seen the movie, but the most hatable character in the manga was by far the class rep (or I believe she was). Absolutely unbearable.

Is the ending the same?

D

Deleted member 607798

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched this 2 days ago and wow. I've never felt so much after a movie. I thought it was much better than Your Name. Absolutely loved it.

yrba1

Any word on a Blu Ray release with English subs? Would be happy to purchase it, one of the best movies I've seen in awhile.

Veitsev

Any word on a Blu Ray release with English subs? Would be happy to purchase it, one of the best movies I've seen in awhile.

Earliest known is a UK import in December. Don't think its region free either. Also doesn't appear to be a US licensor yet or any news of a theater release which is a fucking shame.

LunarMX

I just randomly found out that this movie is coming as limited release in theaters stateside on the 23rd of this month. I wanted to check what GAF thought about this and looking at the trailer and Rotten tomatoes it looks really good. Now I'm depressed that this is not getting as much buzz as Your Name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7utbHbxDAM

Top Bottom