• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Apple iPad | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Gary Whitta said:
No low-angle typing configuration, no sale.
Ditto.

Need that shit...NEED IT!

Foob

Kodiak said:
I'll take weekdays, I know you work so you'll want to see it on weekends.

Just don't bring fucking Frank with you when you pick it up, ok? I fucking hate seeing him.

What do you expect me to do? He's my BROTHER

aparisi2274

Gary Whitta said:
No low-angle typing configuration, no sale.

I think I am gonna go with this case...

dura.jpg

http://www.ikit.com/Mac/iPad_dura_Case

Xater said:
And here I was hoping to get some info for the European launch. :(

Damn you Apple! What is taking so long?
I really hope they will give us iBooks for launch. But I know we will be getting screwed over... again.

Foob

I havent used anything that sits my iPad at a low angle, so thats not really a priority for me on any case.

I pretty much just sit crisscross all the time and lay it across my lap

Hari Seldon

LCfiner said:
Omnigraffle for fifty smackers. Yeah, maybe something else will come out.

I can vouch for the quality of omni graph sketcher, though. The ui and customization abilities are great.

Wow omnigraffle is exactly what I am looking for, I wish they had a free limited version to try it out.

LCfiner

Hari Seldon said:
Wow omnigraffle is exactly what I am looking for, I wish they had a free limited version to try it out.

well, found some more by searching under “vector”

SketchPad 6 dollars

Freeform 5 dollars but I don’t see text support. hmm

Crayons 5 dollars

Intaglio Sketchpad 15 dollars universal app.

not sure if any of these have proper layout and ruler tools for quick pro work, but they are certainly cheaper than omnigraffle.

rSpooky

Does anyone know if it beet to regulary deplete the batteries on this thing or just charge it when I have the chance?
I am worried about memory loss etc.

LCfiner

rSpooky said:
Does anyone know if it beet to regulary deplete the batteries on this thing or just charge it when I have the chance?
I am worried about memory loss etc.
Don't be. That hasn't been necessary for lithium ion batteries for a long time. Charge when you want. depletion isn't needed.

rSpooky

LCfiner said:
Don't be. That hasn't been necessary for lithium ion batteries for a long time. Charge when you want. depletion isn't needed.
Thanks.. Gadget crazy as I am, I get always confused on one :)

Fuck, just ordered a 16GB through eBay. I have no self control. $605 US shipped isn't bad though considering it should match the Canadian price with tax.

Seller had 100% feedback but had not made a transaction in a year. Hopefully paypal protection has me covered if anything goes wrong.

EDIT: Did the Canadian dollar hit the shitter at some point today? Came out to 622 CND? The fuck, we were practically at parity this morning.

kennah

DoctorWho said:
Fuck, just ordered a 16GB through eBay. I have no self control. $605 US shipped isn't bad though considering it should match the Canadian price with tax.

Seller had 100% feedback but had not made a transaction in a year. Hopefully paypal protection has me covered if anything goes wrong.
Keep us posted on what you end up paying in DUty fees. LC paid 90$. I'm wondering if it's consistant.

kennah said:
Keep us posted on what you end up paying in DUty fees. LC paid 90$. I'm wondering if it's consistant.

I've never had to pay Duty Fees on eBay purchases from the states. Although I might ask him to mark this as "gift" since it is a high priced product and they might be looking out for it.

Kodiak said:
Just sprung for Mockup on the app store. Will post impressions ASAP.

you is crazy Dr. Simply crazeee.

I had to own it. And getting it for a similar price as I would in Canada seems worth it. God, I hope I don't get hit with that duty shit. :(

LCfiner

kennah said:

That 90 also included duties on the 40 dollar case

Also, John de lancie makes a striking figure these days. Good to know that there is some human technology that can still impress Q.

Foob

Think I'm gonna take the plunge on Sam and max now that the price has dropped.

Anyone know if the MLB at bat app has been fixed yet?

RubxQub

Does 1password on the iPad not allow you to directly launch the webpage and fill in the credentials automatically anymore?

The webpage has the little arrow which would imply you can click it...but nothing.

Total fail!

LCfiner

Foob said:
Think I'm gonna take the plunge on Sam and max now that the price has dropped.

Anyone know if the MLB at bat app has been fixed yet?

Same bug as before. You need to switch games around before it'll update.

And audio is well behind the stat page once it starts working, making the feed stupid and anticlimactic.

Edit: worked for me earlier, rubx. Was able to log into to gaf and one other site as a test within the built in browser

Terrell

DoctorWho said:

EDIT: Did the Canadian dollar hit the shitter at some point today? Came out to 622 CND? The fuck, we were practically at parity this morning.
According to XE.com, $1 CAD = $1.00056 USD, so we're essentially at parity. But it is important to remember that exchange rates on PayPal and credit cards aren't live calculations.

Foob

LCfiner said:
Same bug as before. You need to switch games around before it'll update.

And audio is well behind the stat page once it starts working, making the feed stupid and anticlimactic.

God damn, man! That is so irksome! I was so excited to bust that out for opening day

RubxQub

LCfiner said:
Edit: worked for me earlier, rubx. Was able to log into to gaf and one other site as a test within the built in browser
Are you using 1Password for iPad or 1Password Pro?

This is me using the Pro version that was just updated and I can't actually launch pages :(

numble

RubxQub said:
Does 1password on the iPad not allow you to directly launch the webpage and fill in the credentials automatically anymore?

The webpage has the little arrow which would imply you can click it...but nothing.

Total fail!
Yeah, seems like they just rushed an iPad optimized version out to be on the store. A bunch of things missing.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Gary Whitta said:
The moment you know you've been waiting for...

500x_qanddata.jpg

he's incredible in breaking bad!

also, Mockup for iPad is not as intuitive as the trailer made it look. With work though, it could easily become a very serious design app.

You iPad fans probably all know about this but its new to me - I had previously bemoaned the lack of iPod playback and volume controls when browsing in Safari or using other apps and just found out that those controls are always available.

Just double-tap on the iPad button, and if you have double-tap set to iPod, it'll bring up playback and volume controls as well as a button to go straight into the iPod app.

Nice. :D

RubxQub

NullPointer said:
You iPad fans probably all know about this but its new to me - I had previously bemoaned the lack of iPod playback and volume controls when browsing in Safari or using other apps and just found out that those controls are always available.

Just double-tap on the iPad button, and if you have double-tap set to iPod, it'll bring up playback and volume controls as well as a button to go straight into the iPod app.

Nice. :D
If you'd read my iPhone thread you'd have known that!

Eff!

LCfiner

RubxQub said:
Are you using 1Password for iPad or 1Password Pro?

This is me using the Pro version that was just updated and I can't actually launch pages :(
I'm also using the pro version that was updated into a universal app. Seems to work like the iphone version for me

RubxQub

LCfiner said:
I'm also using the pro version that was updated into a universal app. Seems to work like the iphone version for me
Lucky Canadian...

*grumble grumble*

Trouble

Banned
Can one of you iPad owners try something for me?

Go to http://www.reddit.com
Find a submission that goes to a youtube video (usually several on the front page).
Click on the button just under the title that has a play icon and a plus.
Click on the video.

Does it play in the browser using html5?

LCfiner

Trouble said:

Find a submission that goes to a youtube video (usually several on the front page).
Click on the video.

It plays embedded in the reddit page as an h.264 video. Just pops out underneath the submission.

numble

Trouble said:

Click on the video.

Yep.

mj1108

Trouble said:

Click on the video.

9e788768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom