• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Mass Effect outs two more ME3 squadmates (spoilers)

Woorloog

Banned
I like number 2. Both desing and the idea.
But number 1? My main problem is the desing? "Form follows marketing department" instead of "form follows function". And why?
This is the first thing of things i know of ME3 i do not like. Hell, it's among the only things in the whole damn trilogy i do not like (after ME1 gameplay (or incredibly shitty talent trees)).

Will buy day 1 if I'm not playing anything better at the time. If I postpone my purchase, it won't be because of
EDI's
silly character design.

I like number 2. Both desing and the idea.
But number 1? My main problem is the desing? "Form follows marketing department" instead of "form follows function". And why?
This is the first thing of things i know of ME3 i do not like. Hell, it's among the only things in the whole damn trilogy i do not like (after ME1 gameplay (or incredibly shitty talent trees)).

There is a small explanation of why number 1 looks as it does in the small print.

Samara

We NEED that C-Sec game featuring Thane, Garrus and Shepard. Taking down bad guys.

I want a game with Garrus and his team on Omega.

Sigh. Ok I looked. The seconded one I knew already since well, a long time ago. I'm thinking he is a
survivor of the team on Ilos that never made it back.
first one, Bioware kinda hinted at it quite a few times.Ok no more of these.

Yes, that was one of the standout moments in gaming.

That music still gives me fucking chills.

Getting this game day 1.

I have avoided the story spoilers but I don't mind knowing about squad and gameplay details.

Yep, this. Even getting the Collector's Edition.

Snuggler prefers FemShep AND Iorveth. Truly a sign that there is no hope for him.

There's only one true Shep, and I see him every time I look at Dennis' avatar.

Now Dennis is going to change it.

Shepard

There is a small explanation of why number 1 looks as it does in the small print.

At first I missed it, fearing that there would be more spoilers in the text, but, after reading, it's nice to see that they have a reason for her to look that way (even if it is too sexualized), nice.

megalowho

I don't mind the idea behind the first one, I felt like it was heading that way by the end of 2, but oh man.. that character design.

Second one seems interesting, why not.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That looks nothing like the
Protheans
shown on
Ilos

Also does this mean I get to steal
EDI
away from Joker?

FUCKING BIOWARE

zashga

The first one is atrocious on multiple levels, but I actually like the second one.
The "ancient tech" armor concept is nice, and I did like the Collectors from ME2.

I wonder how many "new" party members have yet to be revealed.

Woorloog

Banned
That looks nothing like the
Protheans
shown on
Ilos

Ahem, spoilers for ME2 and 3 probably
ME2 codex entry shows the Ilos statues as Protheans... but it also introduced the Collectors who were Protheans... and one "beacon" shows vision with Collector-like figure in it. It is reasonable to assume the statue on Ilos is either Prothean art, another caste, another species, made by another species or just plain vandalized by the Reapers (unlikely) or they ordered their minions to modify the statues so that Protheans fate would be clouded in-case the Collectors would have to work with normal species (as they did before the events of ME2) so that they would not be recognized as Protheans or related species. The Reapers are rather genre-savvy, they went to great lengths to hide their involvment.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No less stupid than Jack, the entire plot in ME2, etc...

Seems like they're just throwing everything and the kitchen sink in there.

I wont be happy until I can romance the kitchen sink. Or the toilet. Including that in Mass Effect 2 was just a cock tease.

Lothars

I'm interested in how they will introduce them but I don't see an issue with them. I am not surprised to see all the complaining though since it's a mass effect thread.

Tuck

I can't say I like Mass Effect's art style, even a little. Pretty uninspired and generic, with nothing that makes me go wow, but whatever. I enjoyed ME2. I'm sure ME3 will be good as well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think you can romance Kaiden in ME3, though.

Haha, awesome. I guess there won't be anything like that in my playthrough unless there is some way to make whoopie to a charred pile of bones. I turned down everyone in my last playthrough of ME2, I'm sticking with the blue chick.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Oh you can,

"Certain ME3 fans are going to go mental over the shirtless Kaidan scenes. Him lying there... Just waiting for action... #ME3"

https://twitter.com/#!/BioEvilChris/status/161920643300982785

Chris Priestly, ladies and gents.

AiYNX.png

Just makes me hate EA even more for their bullshit squabbles with Steam. I've kept my stance so far: No Steam = No Sales (the lone exception being SW:ToR since I consider it neutral as I can always download the client whenever I want from Bioware itself since I've already paid and am playing).

Dmax3901

I love both of these squadmates, ideas and designs. I just really wished I hadn't spoiled myself.

Don't know what the fuck I was thinking.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Im OK with this. I was already pretty sure they would do that with the first for a while now. Cant say Im overwhelming excited for them, but more the merrier so to speak.

I still hope that Aria T'Loak is a squadmate, she is by far the most badass person in ME universe and Carrie Ann Moss does a superb job as her VA, it would be a shame to not have her around more.

But really this game seems like its going to have like 50 squadmates, its crazy, ME2 already felt like it had a lot.

Top Bottom