• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Mass Effect outs two more ME3 squadmates (spoilers)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I think based off the leaked script and postings on Bioware's forums, it'll be a full party member.

Hmm not what I hoped for. They better make the best of the situation and really do something interesting with it.

And on second thought, given how BioWare handled things with Sebastian in DA2, Im guessing even the DLC extra character(s) will have the same interaction and depth as the others unlike what they did before with Zaeed and Kasumi. At least I hope they do, especially if the second leaked character ends up being the new game copy only extra DLC character.

Not when it comes to GAF and Bioware. I honestly think most people here really LOVED Bioware so much in the past, that's why they do take it so damn seriously.

The weirdest comment I ever saw was that they HAD to tell people that these games were bad. Otherwise, how would they KNOW that their opinion was WRONG?

And then two other users agreed with this opinion.

It was sad.

http://i.imgur.com/JFrmc.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Avatar quoted twice in one thread. These ME threads really are hazardous~

[quote="Ventilaator, post: 34661218"]The first one just makes me sad. If Bioware didn't have a forum on their website, that wouldn't exist.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, is it really fair to just pass the blame for things like this onto the community? These people wouldn't have showed up if ME1 hadn't opened the Screw Your Crew™ door in the first place.

Meier

Some of you guys take this shit way too seriously IMO. Mass Effect 3 is going to be amazing. Quit worrying about lore and whether established fiction is followed and just enjoy the ride.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Some of you guys take this shit way too seriously IMO. Mass Effect 3 is going to be amazing. Quit worrying about lore and whether established fiction is followed and just enjoy the ride.

Pretty much my opinion.

Either dont bother me in the slightest, one is expected and the other is pretty cool, I feel no need to jump in the hate wagon going on around here with the game as if any of the series was the second coming of sliced bread.

I personally can't wait for the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've played both games and I don't recall character 1 at all, where is it from?

EDI is the Normandy's AI in Mass Effect 2, voiced by Tricia Helfer. She's the blue sphere thing.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Referring to the first one...wtf?
Why not do a Halo style Cortana?

I would assume they wanted to
evolve her character to one that isn't limited to being heard through a speaker or on an occasional glowing device you might come across, who knows.

The situation as a whole just reminds me of Andromeda back in the day,
taking the ships AI and putting it into an Android body to interact with the crew and whatever was going on at the time that an AI simply couldn't do stuck in a ship.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Referring to the first one...wtf?
Why not do a Halo style Cortana?

I'm assuming because
EDI is likely a squadmate usable on missions, and thus requires a physical body.

Trokil

Banned
Squadmate #1:
Given Joker's condition, I don't think it's a good idea for him to smash himself against a hard, metal object

Geth are made out of metal I think EDI will be more "human" just for the sake of that joke. Something Something Polycarbonite

Oh lord...they actually
gave EDI a body...and probably did a joker-edi scene

c5DHk.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Given the amount of great squad members they introduced in 2 do they really feel the need to introduce this? This feels like such a reach...

From what we have seen, it is a real shame at the lack of
Legion in ME3 so far, he was probably one of my favourite new Characters from ME2 and he was barely in it,
I was really hoping he would have a bigger more permanent role for ME3.

Why are spoiler tags being used when (spoiler) is used in the title and the entire thread is about the spoilers? If you didn't want to know surely you won't be reading this thread.

Just seems a bit odd.

Also, this is more lame than I had imagined it being after reading about this in a different thread. Bioware just keep sucking more.

Top Bottom