• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Mass Effect outs two more ME3 squadmates (spoilers)

Oh you can,

"Certain ME3 fans are going to go mental over the shirtless Kaidan scenes. Him lying there... Just waiting for action... #ME3"

https://twitter.com/#!/BioEvilChris/status/161920643300982785

God fucking dammit BioWare. Next-gen Mass Effect's going to be a full-blown dating simulator at this rate.

The overreactions in this thread are quite funny.

I'm reserving judgment on the
Prothean
. If done right, it could be interesting. I'm just afraid he'll turn out to be like Samara, joining Shepard because 'honor' dictates him to do so or some shit, and all interesting conversation will fall to the wayside.

But
sexbot EDI
?

tumblr_lxr6jyqrlb1r3znr4cn.gif

Replicant

God fucking dammit BioWare. Next-gen Mass Effect's going to be a full-blown dating simulator at this rate.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing. Why do you hate fun? Or are you just afraid the game won't be BRO-MACHO with said element?

Don't worry Bioware, I'd buy such dating sim at a high price!

You make it sound like that's a bad thing. Why do you hate fun? Or are you just afraid the game won't be BRO-MACHO with said element?

Don't worry Bioware, I'd buy such dating sim at a high price!

There's a difference between creating an epic sci-fi roleplaying shooter with optional romances and marketing a romance game with some sci-fi shooter action to connect the pieces. BioWare blatantly pimping those romances the way they've been doing is just so incredibly :lol.

also, I ain't no BRO-MACHO, I'm a gentleman.

JRwSc.png

lol...yeah I'm done with this company after ME3. Hell, I'm probably waiting on a sale for ME3 now that I think about it. I was kinda excited for this franchise after 1 but it's become obvious that it's just not for me after the sequel.

I'm finishing this out of some sort of obligation.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How certain are we these are actual squadmates, btw?

Pretty certain, whether they are full party members or just extras like Zaeed and Kasumi is unknown. I would prefer 1 be a DLC extra, with 2 then being a full member. So much potential for that one while the former is just fan service and doesn't need the depth or attention a full member deserves, just being selectable it's enough.

God damn, GAF ME threads among all others here are like those bad neighborhoods you pass through while driving to uptown or work.

Why do I even click on these any more lol.

raphier

Banned
suddenly
A human robot more advanced and sleeker in design than anyone's in the universe before us. Now I'm pro-human

gg bioware

Not really impressed with either of those, but not surprised.

Considering the end of ME2, they need an entirely new squad and it's obvious they've run out of ideas.

Ugh, it's pretty obvious where they'll be going with the new and improved
EDI....DEM ending with 'her' doing something to bring down/stop the reapers.

Fuck off, BW. :/

Denzar

Tssspfffr...

Okay, BioWare... Okay.

The more I hear and see the less excited I get.

You could do some really cool things with new squad mates that belong to the other races... Like a bad ass, gun toting Volus or a Biotic Hanar or something (First random thoughts).

I understand that these character models would ofc. be really hard to animate, since they are not the standard size and BW would have to create specific, non interchangeable animation routines.

Monocle

I hope
slutbot EDI
and Legion will
get together and make precious little killer robot babies. Onscreen.
To aid the war effort, I mean. And for science.

Also, throwing this out here right now: ME3 will probably have a death scene where
EDI is critically damaged and about to go offline, and she and Joker
share a creepy moment. Or maybe the other way around, where the roles are reversed, lol. Actually, that would be a perversely interesting way to justify that squadmate's presence on the team.

Monocle

PsychoWARD23 said:
"Certain ME3 fans are going to go mental over the shirtless Kaidan scenes. Him lying there... Just waiting for action... #ME3"

https://twitter.com/#!/BioEvilChris/...20643300982785
This plus Char 1

Bioware has done it again!
Heading to Bioware social for sweat rage threads
http://www.abload.de/img/2370239b6rt9pxoq7.png
Scenes? I hope that's not a joke, because the fan reactions will be hilarious.

Keep trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin'...

I think I'm starting to like BioWare again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I find it funny that they bothered to
make a body for EDI. Should have expected this to happen.

Still, i wont overreact like most of GAF. It's a game from a franchise i like, and i'll play the game day 1. Some of you seem to take all this Bioware stuff a bit too seriously.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
EDI in a new body
looks a bit boring in my opinion.

Would have been way cooler if they
Made EDI fuse with Legion to create some sort of super intelligent Geth who would then UNIFY the Geth to fight the reapers

I'm so good
bad
I could write for Bioware

LosDaddie

Banned
I loved ME2, and am OK with these new squadmates.

I kept all of my crew alive ME2 and I really hope they are all still in my squad in ME3

I have no problems with this at all. Maybe a few too many overreactions going on here though. Remember; videogames are meaningless - wave a magic wand to wipe them all from history and civilisation would remain unchanged. It's just an enjoyable waste of time!

I have no problems with this at all. Maybe a few too many overreactions going on here though. Remember; videogames are meaningless - wave a magic wand to wipe them all from history and civilisation would remain unchanged. It's just an enjoyable waste of time!

Not when it comes to GAF and Bioware. I honestly think most people here really LOVED Bioware so much in the past, that's why they do take it so damn seriously.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I loved ME2, and am OK with these new squadmates.

I kept all of my crew alive ME2 and I really hope they are all still in my squad in ME3

Sorry to disappoint, but they're not. At best, its temporary squadmates or just npcs for sidequests. From what i've heard so far, havent read all the script leaks. Seems like all the permanent squadmates are ME1 or new characters.

Replicant

Slackbladder said:

I'm just amused that many are jumping up and down like puritanical bible belt over the idea of sexualized video game characters. If video game is an extension of our desire to do some of the impossible things that humans can't do, is it strange to know that some people like the idea of their character having sex with other characters? Or is it because some of the options to sex are not the typical heterosexual vanilla type? Meh, it's a futuristic multi-species world and if it's the end of the world, I'd make sure I've tried all kinds of sexual deviancy. So cum all ye, bisexual, homosexuals, alien-sexuals, android-sexuals, etc.

Do we still need to use spoilers?

Squadmate #1
Why couldn't they come up with some other kind of non-humanoid design like a flying orb or something instead of robotic Tricia Helfer? Hell, make it look like a Centurion Cylon. Oh well, that's Mass Effect: Fanservice.

Squadmate #2
The Protheans are basically the precursors of the galactic civilization of Mass Effect. By encountering and having the Prothean as a squadmate shatters the romance of their status in the first game. They should be left to be mysterious and only realized in ancient artifacts such as the statues on Ilos.

Speaking of those statues, they look nothing like this Prothean. Some have speculated that he is a transition between the Protheans and the Collectors, but like the concept art says, he's been in stasis for over 50,000 years.

This is just another thing that Bioware is retconning.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just amused that many are jumping up and down like puritanical bible belt over the idea of sexualized video game characters. If video game is an extension of our desire to do some of the impossible things that humans can't do, is it strange to know that some people like the idea of their character having sex with other characters? Or is it because some of the options to sex are not the typical heterosexual vanilla type? Meh, it's a futuristic multi-species world and if it's the end of the world, I'd make sure I've tried all kinds of sexual deviancy. So cum all ye, bisexual, homosexuals, alien-sexuals, android-sexuals, etc.
There's a difference between certain things being sexual and EVERY THING being sexual. It's like a 14 year old's deviantart harem.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This is one of the few games I'm looking forward to playing just to see what a trainwreck it will be.

Top Bottom