• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Banner Saga Kickstarter project by Stoic [Ended, 723K funded]

I was going to donate $25 but knowing that I only get the first chapter I may just wait for the game to come out and buy on a sale. At least I have half the day to decide.

I was going to donate $25 but knowing that I only get the first chapter I may just wait for the game to come out and buy on a sale. At least I have half the day to decide.

The first chapter is a complete game in itself, you'll be waiting years if you want the whole trilogy.

PaulLFC

Think I'm just going to donate $10 and get the first episode. Can't really justify spending $50 right now, especially with the other kickstarters I need to back.

Coverly

13k and 6 hrs to go. I would have thought the project would have passed 700k overnight. Please let it do better than 2k an hr!

They'll make it. If it gets really close at the end I think a lot of people are going to fall off the fence who might otherwise have been holding out on pledging or upping their donation.

Last minute update.

They will try to get free console versions to all the backers who want it, if Sony and Microsoft allow this. Vita port is possible but will not be done until much later if at all. It sounds like someone worked out a separate deal for the $4500 tier and other prizes. Game might be delayed into 2013 to add all the new shit. Will be translated into German, French, Italian and Spanish. Strangely, no Dutch.

Edit: Oh yeah it's spiking now. 690k. 10k to go.

hym

Banned
Will be translated into German, French, Italian and Spanish. Strangely, no Dutch.

First and foremost it needs a translation in Old Norse for the true Viking roleplayer. A collection of modern Scandinavian languages to pay tribute is also acceptable.

Pretty exciting that the $700k goal is within reach.

NichM

Banned
The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about the PSN/XBLA ports is that they seem to have been added on the spur of the moment, and I worry about the backer reaction if they can't get concept approval for whatever reason.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about the PSN/XBLA ports is that they seem to have been added on the spur of the moment, and I worry about the backer reaction if they can't get concept approval for whatever reason.

It's not spur of the moment, it's been mentioned as a goal on the main page since the very beginning.

scy

Well, the wording makes it sound like they don't actually have XBLA/PSN approval yet but at $650k, they can get it.

PaulLFC

nearly at $695k now, counter is still showing 5 hours left. Barring a complete stop in funding for some reason, it'll easily hit $700k. I wonder if they'll add anything with any funds over $700k, hopefully if there are any extra funds they use them for more content.

BHK3

Banned
I really want the t-shirt but $100 is too much, I don't care about the gaint poster I don't have room for.

So any bets on how many people are going to show up at that pub tomorrow? They said they told the place that 10-20 people might show up. I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot more.

El-Suave

I changed my pledge from the poster promotion to the crest design one. They "lost" the extra $10 for shipping that way, but to have my own crest on PS3 down the road is just too tempting.

-NeoTB1-

So any bets on how many people are going to show up at that pub tomorrow? They said they told the place that 10-20 people might show up. I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot more.

I'm thinking more. I live 45 minutes from there, so I'll probably show up.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see it hit 700k.

These guys really should have pushed for it sooner. They probably could have hit a million if they had thrown things like this out there throughout the duration of the kickstarter.

Nice to see it hit 700k.

These guys really should have pushed for it sooner. They probably could have hit a million if they had thrown things like this out there throughout the duration of the kickstarter.

They weren't even sure they'd hit 100k, the whole thing took them entirely by surprise.

Twinduct

I was kinda hoping for some party horns or confetti blasts on the page as it reaches 700K :<
Anyway really glad the target has been reached!

Imagine a secret 800k stretch goal :p

-NeoTB1-

Vita version would just be that much more incentive for me to pick one up. I know that's more of a pipe dream at this point, though. I'm just thrilled they surpassed 700k.

Twinduct

They were actually talking about a Vita version with no irony. Fortunately that's not on the cards anytime soon.

Yep. In the survey those were my choices ... PC, Android & Vita.
I should really just get an iPad. Maybe I can convince my accountant it's work related? :D

Well seeing how the PSP was pretty much king of T/SRPG games, porting this to Vita is a no-brainer.

I ain't even gonna address that logical progression right there, but if people were throwing fits over ports to XBLA and PSN, can you imagine what would result from a Vita announcement?

Top Bottom