• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bends vs. OK Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

B000002TQV.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

You KNOW it.

demi

*stops watch*

the time between reading this on IRC and reading this on GAF is about 2 seconds! A NEW RECORD!

Diablos

I won't accept it! I just won't!
*runs in a corner and cries*

How can you deny Planet Telex, The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Nice Dream, JUST, My Iron Lung, Sulk, Street Spirit. And then you have the My Iron Lung EP, which is a nice little extention of the album. Airbag EP has nothing on it.

These songs are flawless. OKC is good too, but my god, The Bends just have some amazing songs that, IMO, perfect britrock.

Pointless argument, they're both great albums in their own right.

IMO though, while The Bends is my personal favourite, if I had to be critical I'd say that OK Computer is the better record. :D

OK Computer, without any doubt.

Airbag > Planet Telex
Paranoid Android > Fake Plastic Trees
Karma Police > The Bends
No Surprises > Nice Dreams
Subterranean Homesick Alien > Sulk
Let Down > Just
Lucky > Sulk
Street Spirit = Exit Music
OK Computer still has Climbing up the walls and Electionneering. (The Tourist is not so great, but it's okay).

I didn't try to match styles of songs, I just go quality-wise.

I'd say there hasn't been a 6 song stretch (from Airbag to Karma Police) better than this since the Beatles, or maybe even of all time.

AntoneM

The Bends

I just find myself comming back to this album time and time again, I can't say the same for any other Radiohead album. Sure I'll listen to the other Radiohead albums on occation but I don't get the same enjoyment out of them as I do The Bends.

Pimpwerx

How come High and Dry gets no mention? Sure, it's the most played out track from Bends, but it's still good. Street Spirit and Fake Plastic Trees are also two of their best songs ever. It's a toss-up, so I think you have no choice but to tie OK Computer and The Bends. The Bends gets the edge for being first if nothing else. Both are better than Kid A IMO. PEACE.

OK Computer, especially since some twat stole my copy a while back, and I still have The Bends. I need to get that CD again.

Diablos said:
And then you have the My Iron Lung EP, which is a nice little extention of the album. Airbag EP has nothing on it.

All of the b-sides from The Bends are gold. Bishop's Robes, Killer Cars, Talk Show Host, Maquiladora... I know I'm forgetting something, but God, they're all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom