• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best Title Themes of this Generation

Injustice's was also pretty sweet.

And I hate to do it but......Indestructible.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Came in for Xenoblade, wasn't disappointed.

Easily one of the best title themes in a long time, probably the best JRPG title theme in ages.

Will the Circle Be Unbroken

Not the title theme, but after completing the game, I literally cannot think of a song that better captures the theme of a game, both literally and figuratively, while simultaneously capturing the mood, style and atmosphere so perfectly.

watership

Nothing beats Mass Effect 1 IMO

Fallout 3 was pretty memorable too

Mass Effect 1 and 2's main themes are amazing. Halo 3 and 4 were great but Halo Reach main themes were exceptional. The only problem is these soundtracks are so good, it's hard to say the main theme itself stand out.

char0n

Wow, this far and while a couple mentions, no links to Skyrim's Menu theme? There was a time when this was almost inescapable on the internet it was so popular. Maybe oversaturation backlash...

My personal vote though goes for Mirror's Edge. Might be some personal bias there for it being my favorite game of the gen, but I loved the music throughout as well and the menu theme gives that perfect sort of understated but encompassing version fitting the mood (a lot like Deus Ex: HR's that's been mentioned a few times already)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Another vote for Halo Reach. It's the first and only one I can think of. Such an awesome musical / visual combo with that title screen.

Top Bottom