• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best Title Themes of this Generation

PaulloDEC

mDt.jpg

I'm a big fan of the title theme from Starhawk, "Homeworld".

aravuus

Dearly Beloved (birth by sleep)

psp counts as this generation, right?

If this counts. Or KH1HD's if not since I assume the remake has pretty much the same Dearly Beloved as KH1, and I still find KH1's DB to be the best one.

e: or maybe something else lol, so many great songs I've forgotten I can't choose which one's the best

Dragons Dogma - Into free I AM THE DANGAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JiwnBjPzvg

Haha this is such an awesome song, I still remember booting up the game for the first time and instantly going "what the fuck" when the slow part ends

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Uncharted is the king, not even a question. Everything you need to know about the game can be heard in that theme, and the way they switch up the arrangement in each game to fit the theme and tone is brilliant.

My #2 pick would be Forza Horizon. It's a licensed track, Language (Original Mix) - Porter Robinson, but the way it meshes with the visuals to set the tone of the game and put you in the world before you even press start is just fantastic. In-game video.

Folklore - The Mysterious Door

RIP, GameRepublic. They made a shit ton of mediocre games, but Folklore was something else.

Oh my goodness, this. Folklore was nothing short of magical, and its soundtrack was equally stunning. Loved the game from start to finish, and start to finish again as I continue to replay it. That main menu theme -- and "To the Unknown", the theme that plays when you highlight its game icon in the XMB -- will always strike a nostalgic chord in my heart. Simply beautiful.

My contribution to this topic:

"Metal Gear Rising -- Revengeance."

Frodo

They have all been mentioned already.

Xenoblade
Uncharted 2
Metal gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII

And I would give a special mention to Pikmin 3, even though it is a new generation, just because everything fits so good together and the title screen itself is gorgeous.

Zoator

As other have mentioned, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, Uncharted series, and Xenoblade are all great.

However I'm going to cheat big time and claim that FFX-2 is being brought into this generation with the upcoming HD remaster, thus allowing me to post my all-time favorite title theme :p.

FFX-2: Memory of Lightwaves

Thoraxes

My favs from the PS3 era is definitely Promise and Wish from XIII and XIII-2 by Masashi Hamauzu~

I also really enjoyed Sonic Colors and Galaxy 1/2's title themes too!

I also really liked the one from Tales of Symphonia if we go back a little more.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Fallout 3 was pretty memorable too

This actually made me feel emotionally overwhelmed for a moment. It's an odd thing to say about such a theme, but my eye sockets very nearly leaked tears. It just reminded me of all the adventures I had exploring the Capital Wasteland. Gee whiz, I really loved Fallout 3.

They'll definitely have to get Inon Zur to do the soundtrack for Fallout 4.

Top Bottom