• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory is choosing between PS4 and XB1 #BOVESPA #DODONGO #BOJANGLES

Mr-Joker

Banned
They use a live audience.

Who are dumb as a door knob and just laugh at anything, since the show is heavily dumbed down for them.

He already has a PC, why is this even a problem for him?

Because Sheldon is an idiot, hell in the real world he would all alone due his I am superior than you attitude.

Bernadette said she would choose the Wii over the PS4 and XB1. Sheldon said "Thanks, Grandma. "

Edit: Beaten

I misread Bernadette as Bayonetta.

That clip is edited together pause moments from this scene - Original

From the YT description:

Yep without the forced laugh track the jokes fall flat, doesn't help that they pause to wait for the audience to stop laughing over nothing.

Is this one of those "You just hate it because it's popular/you're a hipster" things?

Because I hate BBT due to it being a bad show with bad writing and bad jokes.

Zephyrus

Banned
But that's exactly what's happening here. People (in succession) are saying some variation of, "oh that show is lame" and leaving the thread. Sure, there are the really weird and crazy Big Bang Theory haters, but the majority of the comments seem to be from people who know what the show is about and have seen a little of the show and have written it off.

This is nowhere near as bad as how reddit would have handled this.

It's still wierd.

The people I've seen here bashing the show are only doing it for the failed geek jokes it has.
That's not what the whole show is about. Infact, the most interesting thing about the show is the interaction each character has with each other.

Sure, they throw the odd geek joke out there to make the viewer remember that "hey, they're nerds", but the real highlight of the show are the characters.

My favorite character of the show is Bernadette and she's hardly a geek compared to the rest of the cast.

"Oh noes, this guy made an unfunny joke about a geek theme. This show is now dead to me and I will now spread my opinion on the internet of why the show is so bad".

-MD-

Is this one of those "You just hate it because it's popular/you're a hipster" things?

This is no longer an option. You either love it or you're a hipster.

Choose wisely.

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons and it started getting TERRIBLE so I dropped it, I've seen enough bad episodes to know the show is bad.

Wow, you people really hate that show, holy shit. I don't care either way, I don't watch it, but this show must have killed family members or something.

All I see are some passive aggressive jokes about the laugh track and the jokes on the show. How do you equate that to people feeling their family members were killed?

Hatchtag

Banned
Its the number one comedy on TV at the moment. According to CBS.

XHLMMCa.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Ah yes, now comes the "you only hate it because its' popular" brigade.

Do you love everything that is popular? Two and a Half Men, on the same network? Keeping up with the Kardashians? McDonalds? Twilight? Tyler Perry? Are you a hipster if you dislike the Kardashians now?

It's a silly argument. Some popular shit (in fact quite a lot of it) is terrible. Most of the highest rated shows on TV are bad. It isn't saying something in the show's favor.

TalonJH

I was about to say that they might not have wanted to show a real person
getting his head caved in by Bill Gates
, but then I remembered that
George R. R. Martin got his dick chopped off in the middle of reciting a poem about it and was then trampled to death
. So yeah, no clue why they did it the way they did.
Bill Gates also kills Ballmer
if I remember correctly. I honestly think they didn't really know a Sony exec and figured no one whould care.

ViolentP

It's still wierd.

The people I've seen here bashing the show are only doing it for the failed geek jokes it has.
That's not what the whole show is about. Infact, the most interesting thing about the show is the interaction each character has with each other.

Sure, they throw the odd geek joke out there to make the viewer remember that "hey, they're nerds", but the real highlight of the show are the characters.

My favorite character of the show is Bernadette and she's hardly a geek compared to the rest of the cast.

"Oh noes, this guy made an unfunny joke about a geek theme. This show is now dead to me and I will now spread my opinion on the internet of why the show is so bad".

Watch The Wire. The difference between a good show and a bad show should become evident.

All I see are some passive aggressive jokes about the laugh track and the jokes on the show. How do you equate that to people feeling their family members were killed?
Oh, I don't know. One guy said it was funny as aids, that seemed kind of over the top to me.

edit: And yes, I did exaggerate a bit I guess.

I hated it from day one because my father liked it. And he has terrible fucking taste.

He'd watch an episode, laugh at it and say shit like "That's just like you, son."

It's nerd minstrel.

Slashlen

I hated it from day one because my father liked it. And he has terrible fucking taste.

He'd watch an episode, laugh at it and say shit like "That's just like you, son."

It's nerd minstrel.

I've had to put up with that too, and I think it's the reason BBT gets extra hate(on top of just being terrible).

KoopaTheCasual

It's still wierd.

I mean, I don't know what to tell you. People are generally not good at jokes (especially when they're trying to make fun of something), and criticism begins to homogenize, even if it's not their specific qualm with the subject, or even applicable anymore. Remember the Justin Bieber hate? (pre-DUI and recently publicity stunt, and post "Baby", when he was actually really inoffensive). Remember the young Leonardo Dicaprio hatred? They just want to "insult the thing" because they're mildly butthurt about it's rampant popularity.

I get that you like the show, and you pretty much have courtside seats to the stupidity in here, since you actually know way more about the show, but... this happens with anything and everything popular. People see something popular, they want to comment on it. Just let the thread ride out, and the hate boner shall subside.

But even then they reuse the same old interactions and "jokes" all the time.
Raj with his "gay" and unmanly characteristics.
Penny with the "blonde dumbie" character.
Sheldon with his "I am better than you" character.

Its just that the jokes and the interactions are repeating themselves.

Like I said. To me its mindless entertainment. But I wouldnt really call the interactions between the characters a highlight of the show, since after a few episodes nothing really changes between them and at that point you kinda notice its just an ordinary sitcom.

Sandfox

Like I said. To me its mindless entertainment. But I wouldnt really call the interactions between the characters a highlight of the show, since after a few episodes nothing really changes between them and at that point you kinda notice its just an ordinary sitcom.

To be fair, they aren't going to change the character's personalities just to get "new jokes".

Zephyrus

Banned
Ignorance isn't the only reason to dislike something.

And the only difference I see is that you expect people to respect something that they don't like because others may like it, while you feel you needn't concern yourself with hurting other peoples feeling because the platform of "truth" is your given right.

You sir, are a hypocrite. Nothing more. How's that for not sugarcoating shit?

Better learn the meaning of the word hypocrite, mate.

The only thing I expect people to have, is the intelligence to know that their opinion is beyond worthless when they know nothing about the subject and therefore should spend their time elsewhere other than barge in with their drive by negative posts.

You don't watch and you also don't care? Then stay quiet.

But it's kind of hard on a website where the majority of users have something to say about how a game they haven't touched is unplayable. Or how a controller they haven't used is so much worse than the other.

valeo

Watch The Wire. The difference between a good show and a bad show should become evident.

People bringing up The Wire as an example for everything is almost as cliche as the BBT.

The Wire and a sitcom is not comparable in any way shape or form.

For what it's worth, I thought TBBT was actually (surprisingly) quite funny when it first started. It's just grating now.

To be fair, they aren't going to change the character's personalities just to get "new jokes".

Surely not, but the jokes repeat themselves, because mostly the jokes are based on the characteristics of the people.

And its not like they are written really interesting (in my opinion). That is different from, lets say, Community.

I'm surprised no one called them out over the only real "spin" in the list of facts, which was Sheldon saying that the eSRAM basically helps bridge the gap between the two RAM speeds.

Other than that (and leaving out the price difference) it was impressive how much nerdy shit they crammed into such a mass market show while also making it entertaining.

It's a dumb show (easily the dumbest thing I watch), but it's endearing and my wife loves it.

ViolentP

Better learn the meaning of the word hypocrite, mate.

The only thing I expect people to have, is the intelligence to know that their opinion is beyond worthless when they know nothing about the subject and therefore should spend their time elsewhere other than barge in with their drive by negative posts.

You don't watch and you also don't care? Then stay quiet.

But it's kind of hard on a website where the majority of users have something to say about how a game they haven't touched is unplayable. Or how a controller they haven't used is so much worse than the other.

You are complaining about people complaining. Hypocrite.

And I have tried watching the show on more than one occasion and did not enjoy it. Ironically enough though, I am not in this thread complaining about the show. So based on your complaints, I have one of the more valid things to say in this thread.

And on the subject of ignorance, you have assumed that people complain because they don't "get it". You also assumed I have never watched the show because again, I don't "get it". I'm beginning to think your constant bannings has little to do with your delivery of opinions and more with to do your questionable leaps in logic.

People bringing up The Wire as an example for everything is almost as cliche as the BBT.

The Wire and a sitcom is not comparable in any way shape or form.

For what it's worth, I thought TBBT was actually (surprisingly) quite funny when it first started. It's just grating now.

They are both TV shows that requires a persons interest to keep them coming back. I think they are extremely comparable. And while I agree that The Wire is always an easy example, it is still the best one in my opinion.

Zephyrus

Banned

it's what characterizes them.

The characters would be insipid on a comedy show if they didn't stick to their charactereristics.

Sure, through the seasons you'll see an evolution of the characters but every now and then, they show an hint of what they were.

Howard was a sarcastic creepy nerd. He's now just a sarcastic nerd. The show dropped the creepiness or atleast toned it down a few notches once he married Bernadette.

And if you see nothing changing between the characters, you haven't paid attention.
Sheldon is a lot more human now then he was in the first seasons. He has even kissed Amy, something deemed impossible on a character that was incapable of even thinking that he was about to be hugged by a friend.

Mr-Joker

Banned

I hate it because of it bad jokes and the fact that the IT Crowd is the better show at mocking both geek and non geek without being insulting.

Plus the fact that I haven't see any smart black people on the show bothers me.

This is no longer an option. You either love it or you're a hipster.

Choose wisely.

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons and it started getting TERRIBLE so I dropped it, I've seen enough bad episodes to know the show is bad.
I think the show was better in the first couple of seasons especially Howard.

Sandfox

You are complaining about people complaining. Hypocrite.

And I have tried watching the show on more than one occasion and did not enjoy it. Ironically enough though, I am not in this thread complaining about the show. So based on your complaints, I have one of the more valid things to say in this thread.

And on the subject of ignorance, you have assumed that people complain because they don't "get it". You also assumed I have never watched the show because again, I don't "get it". I'm beginning to think your constant bannings has little to do with your delivery of opinions and more with to do your questionable leaps in logic.

They are both TV shows that requires a persons interest to keep them coming back. I think they are extremely comparable. And while I agree that The Wire is always an easy example, it is still the best one in my opinion.
Isn't that everything on TV?

Hatchtag

Banned
I haven't watched it since Bernadette came in. I was younger then, so the show might have been terrible, and I have no desire to re-evaluate it. But Bernadette and the blonde girl are horrible characters, and Sheldon's an unlikable cunt.

Top Bottom