• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Happy Birthday Slay and shingi70!

It's interesting that you wholly ignore that the article posits that evolution and genetics do play a part in picking a mate. Harson's claim was that racial preference in picking mates is purely social. I never claimed, not once, that attraction to one's own race is only a genetic asset - because of course it isn't. However, one could be pretty hard pressed to come to the conclusion that the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

I picked out that part of the article I did because, as you stated with the bolded, IMO it isn't purely social and I believe harSon clarified he didn't feel that way either, in addition to that part of the article saying it's not ok to use genetics as an excuse to say blanket/absolute statements (in case we have any lurkers wanting to use them as an excuse).

What did I say that was wrong? I've seen countless white men, and very few do anything for me. I know my sexual preferences, and it largely tends to be a black man. My examples were mostly overly simplified, because that's what talking about racial physical characteristics is at a base level: an over simplification. However, it does have some truth. White people do tend to have thinner noses, thinner lips, paler skin. Is this a blanket statement? Yes. Does it mean that all white men have these features? No. But an overwhelmingly amount of White American's do have these features, and combined with socialization with white men, it's rare for me to wooed by one. Much like how Asians tend to have flat noses, and African's tend to have black hair. Are there exceptions? Oh yeah, but exceptions don't take away from the general rule of basic observation. Further, it takes a very, very atypical white man to attract me.

Also, you're using absolutes. I would never say in an online dating profile, for instance, "No white men." To do so would be exclusionary and shallow, as well as discriminatory. I do not discriminate, but I do have preferences. So I'm more likely to ignore a white man's messages - and they have given me much reason to ignore their messages - than a black man's. What originally sparked this was me saying I'm going to be looking into dating interracially, with the exception of with white men. To be honest, I don't want to date interracially period as it adds complication to my already complicated life. However, the dating scene is so dire that I must as a necessity. That's all. I also included an addendum that I'm mostly willing to be courted by men of color, and not white men. Comparing me saying,"I'm not attracted to white men" in this thread, on a video game forum, to me putting "No White Men" in an online dating profile is quite a reach.

I'll keep my mind open, and if there's a white man that is very, very atypical and has an interest in me, I'll go for it. But that doesn't mean I have to actively pursue it, and why should I? I don't find white men physically attractive for the most part, and having a white man as a partner - something I've had before and did not like - adds an entirely new level of stress.

Again, I have no issues with your preferences as you have clearly spelled them out and I think more GAFers should do the same as opposed to making "absolutes" (you'll see them soon enough, just wait for the next Serena Williams thread). EloquentM (his original statement that started this discussion), Sub, harSon, Jackben, myself, etc... (apologizes if I'm wrong with this assumption) only have an issue with blanket statements where people exclude an entire ethnic group because we see it done with White GAFers talking down about black women all the time with variations of "Other than Halle Berry I don't find black women attractive, who agrees with me?" etc.... Not only are these statements BS, but it's hypocritical to not say anything when a non white GAFer says something "similar" (you've since more than clarified your comment so the need to defend yourself is over IMO).

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man I fucked up my fade last night and knicked my head. People gonna be asking me all day why I'm near bald.

Y;all remembered my birthday. I got too much info out on the internet.

I accept presents in the form of 20 dollars, and Kristin Kruek.

Thanks
First of all no. Secondly happy birthday.

Sch1sm

Morning, guys. And happy birthday, Slay + shingi~

Im jealous of all yall with bdays in May or any other month around summertime.

I know this feel. My birthday is in February. I just sit at home because 99% of the time it's an extreme cold alert. No one wants to go out in that. I don't even want to. 😭

I look like black krillen rn. Slay obviously put birthday voodoo on me.

C98AC191CC1007784390752956416_1c4ead19690.4.1.12584223955177990840.mp4_CF_1bSL6CELTfvwkY2fnlcILv7lxI6phRs4mM38vkv_ql0wtyyKhkQexFUkw0T8s.jpg

Fix yo shit, Pablo..

shingi70

Banned
Thanks Fam.

Pretty low key birthday this year which I don't mind. My girl got me Pokken Tournament, and Star Fox Zero along with some handmade stuff. Any money I'm getting is going to replacing the wheels and bearings on my longboard.

Going to see Civil War again sometime this weekend with my mom and Grandma.

Johndoey

Banned
Harry was the coolest dude ever, his daughter was also pretty cool. Silent Hill 2 fucked up the mythology of the series in a weird way.

akira28

Trump is ropeadoping. He doesn't want to get into the hard Hillary stuff until after the convention. Spout the usual nonsense that is easily ignored for now, but really try to hurt her once he's 100% the GOP guy. Too early is too risky.

Imm0rt4l

I got into an argument with my cousin on facebook. She said civil war was 'okay', which is fine(she loved BvS). On some petty shit I just came in and said Civil War does everything better than BvS. She said she won't compare the 2...she got all in her feelings saying they aren't comparable movies because MCU doesn't have the rights to all its characters(how that's relevant is beyond me) and that the two movies aren't remotely comparable.

I rustled some jimmies by asking why she wouldn't compare the 2, that's it. Comic books are serious business brehs.

Yes, I can stunt on everyone in this 2016 Altima.

It's a rental.

But in seriousness, when did Altimas get so big? This is a Maxima as far as I'm concerned.

Damn, I thought you would've still been at the concert.

Ha!

Her ass was still performing at 10:45 when me and my moms decided to bounce. I guess she wanted to do the whole "I perform in excess of two hours at times" with us after the Atlanta no show.

I mean, when she started performing Sade records we knew we were in for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom