• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Dunno if anyone remembers, but lol. Sometime last OT, I spilled something on my MacBook. Y'know. Tragic shit. Miracle it still works. Been a while. Functions. No noticeable issues as a result. Inside case is all chocolate milk, surely.

Out of curiosity, I was like. Alright. Let's see how much this is gonna cost me to repair. Got a technician to look at it, see what parts are damaged. Estimate for repair $2001 + $100 labor, then add tax. The laptop itself was $1299 + tax like 2.5 years ago, tho, why would it cost that much and why would I ever, lmao.

I mean. It's an apple product.

Slayven

Dunno if anyone remembers, but lol. Sometime last OT, I spilled something on my MacBook. Y'know. Tragic shit. Miracle it still works. Been a while. Functions. No noticeable issues as a result. Inside case is all chocolate milk, surely.

Out of curiosity, I was like. Alright. Let's see how much this is gonna cost me to repair. Got a technician to look at it, see what parts are damaged. Estimate for repair $2001 + $100 labor, then add tax. The laptop itself was $1299 + tax like 2.5 years ago, tho, why would it cost that much and why would I ever, lmao.

That apple tax is real

Sch1sm

Might as well pick up a new one for that price. They trippin

For real, I looked at the dude like, "You're joking, right? How's it that expensive when the laptop itself isn't worth that? Why isn't there a cap?" Yup, when this one dies, or come those save 100-200 back to school nonsense deals that creep up around August.

I mean. It's an apple product.

That apple tax is real

None of this is wrong. Mind, I didn't expect it to be cheap. IIRC just battery replacement is CDN$400 here. Logic Board is $600. Everything else doesn't even matter at that point because he lost me there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hypernima

Banned
C3E1NsbXcAALIYb.jpg

Love is over. :(

BCT - Love Connections

Sup ya'll! Had a great day on the slopes. Finally landed a few tricks in the park. Currently making dinner for the lady. Gordon hooked up the recipe ;)

Hoping for a 22 years sentence with this one as well

Slayven

None of this is wrong. Mind, I didn't expect it to be cheap. IIRC just battery replacement is CDN$400 here. Logic Board is $600. Everything else doesn't even matter at that point because he lost me there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You in Canada? Would you be interested in a business opportunity? An immigration wedding

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Black History Month gunna bring out distasteful Trump tweets or nah?

Forget the tweets, will he even observe it?

Every year since 1996, and many years before that going back to the late 70s, the President has issued a proclamation about Black History Month. Party lines didn't matter.

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/commemorative-observations/african-american.php

Will Donald Trump do it?

He certainly isn't required to by any law so...

Will Trump be the first President since this started with Gerald Ford to not formally acknowledge Black History Month?

Let's see what happens.

Izuna

Banned

Every year since 1996, and many years before that going back to the late 70s, the President has issued a proclamation about Black History Month. Party lines didn't matter.

Will Donald Trump do it?

Will Trump be the first President since this started with Gerald Ford to not formally acknowledge Black History Month?

Let's see what happens.

I just hope for the best. I really want Trump to not be a scumbag for this particular occasion.

If he starts shit, it'll echo even in the UK.

Daily Mail: IS BLACK HISTORY MONTH OUTDATED?

Aiustis

Will Donald Trump do it?

Let's see what happens.

Maybe he'll tweet about MLK telling us that we should get over race.

Peltz

I'm white (Jewish actually), and this is my first time in this thread. I'm currently dating a very nice girl and she happens to be black. Last night she told me I don't act very white but I also don't try to act black. She said her and her friends have a phrase for guys like me. Specifically, she told me:

"You're a snow gorilla."

Just felt like sharing.

I'm white (Jewish actually), and this is my first time in this thread. I'm currently dating a very nice girl and she happens to be black. Last night she told me I don't act very white but I also don't try to act black. She said her and her friends have a phrase for guys like me. Specifically, she told me:

"You're a snow gorilla."

Just felt like sharing.

You dating Stacey Dash?

Johndoey

Banned

Will Donald Trump do it?

Let's see what happens.
He's definitely going to acknowledge Black History Month, it'll be paired with some awful brain dead comment on inner cities and how he'll be the "greatest president for the blacks ever".

Sch1sm

"You're a snow gorilla."

Just felt like sharing.

Is she Raven Symone?

Welcome to the thread, anyway. There's a little intro questionnaire in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom