• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
my dudes pants stayed in place during the whole fight haha.

+1 for that stealth sleeper hold at the start

Lol. He waited for him to turn his back like a guard in MGS and then it was time to strike

Mega Sceptile and Swampert look fucking ridiculous. But the God forme ORAS legendaries make up for prior bullshit.

I love Swampert & my face literally went to this when I saw the mega form design

4f3bbcd9940350ff28d130e04f40548c.jpg

Infinite

Eh? I actually like swamperts mega and I'm not a fan of the mudkip line at all. Mega sceptile looking like a Christmas tree doe

ReiGun

You know what's funny? The TLG thread had people saying shit about it that would've had heads rolling regarding Wright's 8 year wait with Antman.

"There's no footage, what have they been doing?"
"They've had 5+ years and they haven't said anything, no shock it got cancelled."

Difference is we more or less know what took Ant-Man so long. It's been radio silence on TLG for almost a decade.

Gorillaz

TWC ain't shit. A few neighborhoods/aparts around my way, locked people in TWC or Dish. Not allowing other cable companies in, due to contracts.

Told you, breh.

Real talk, this is some god tier battle shonen mess. I wonder how much more this damn anime/manga could make if they made it more clear it was a battle shonen. As I said earlier, on first look this really seems like some slice of life/pokemon/off on a merry adventure type shit I mean look at this cover

Hunter_x_Hunter_cover_vol_1.JPG

If you told me this wasn't some happy go lucky slice of life mess but was a battle shonen, I'd be like you're a lie.

ReiGun

Eh? I actually like swamperts mega and I'm not a fan of the mudkip line at all. Mega sceptile looking like a Christmas tree doe
All the ORAS Megas do is once again confirm that Blaziken is the best gen 3 starter.

All hail fire chicken Bruce Lee.

Real talk, this is some god tier battle shonen mess. I wonder how much more this damn anime/manga could make if they made it more clear it was a battle shonen. As I said earlier, on first look this really seems like some slice of life/pokemon/off on a merry adventure type shit I mean look at this cover

If you told me this wasn't some happy go lucky slice of life mess but was a battle shonen, I'd be like you're a lie.
I was expecting happy go lucky adventures with the series when I started and was kind of wanting that. So imagine my shock when bodies just starting hitting the floor (dat Killua doe).

All the ORAS Megas do is once again confirm that Blaziken is the best gen 3 starter.

I was expecting happy go lucky adventures with the series when I started and was kind of wanting that. So imagine my shock when bodies just starting hitting the floor (dat Killua doe).

I'm thankful it's not a happy go lucky adventure series; that's honestly why I never even bothered with HxH until now. I've been searching for a decent battle shonen for a while so I'm happy HxH is filling that hole.

Hisoka though, not sure why they needed to make this dude's hard-on for stronger opponents so...extra.

Furyous

In any event what did I miss?

One of these days, I'll try to join y'all on the podcast. I gotta figure some stuff out first.

I feel some kinda way that steph badd did not accept my IG friend request. She's the Lebron James of IG strippers right now. I'm not sure if I can link her profile
but google Steph Bad instagram.

Anyone tried Alpha Brain? It's soooo good. I had a dream so real I almost couldn't wake up.

Heat or Spurs? If the Heat lose then I expect a Lebatard panic hour on Monday. They won't lose because Bron will take those salts and put up 35/18/10/6/7.

jWILL253

Banned
You guys should move to Washington State. The most you have to worry about here is an ISP has a contract with certain apartment complexes. I'm running with CenturyLink, and while I have shitty speeds (7mps down, 1mps up), it's reliable as hell. And somehow, this VPN I'm using increases my speeds by a multiplier of about 6.

Had the options of Comcast, Click and a couple of smaller ISP's, but 3 months free of CenturyLink came with my DirecTV package.

Glad I didn't go with Comcast, seeing how they are doing their best Weyland-Yutani impersonation at the moment...

zero_suit

The Chimera Ant arc took the body count to another level. It's some of the darkest stuff in shonen.

Kreed

The author Togashi is pretty content with what he makes per volume. There was a rumor that Togashi was going to switch banks because there were no atms for his bank near his house, so the bank built an atm close by so that he wouldn't switch banks. That's why Hunter x Hunter got it's other nick name, Hiatus x Hiatus. The author makes just enough chapters to create a volume or two to make more money, and then takes these 1-2+ year long breaks and then throws out another batch of chapters when he's ready to go. That's why the previous series ended, because they caught up with the manga series and had to stop or go the Full Metal Alchemist route.

The new series is doing pretty well though, and the author is now back releasing chapters again so there should be at least one or two more arcs minimum before the new series either has to stop or make up it's own stories.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Chimera Ant arc took the body count to another level. It's some of the darkest stuff in shonen.

its not even funny. its amazing how other manga writers fear letting go of characters, and togashi serves em up on platters.

Sorry not your internet Slay, your prepaid phone plan sucks ass.

The author Togashi is pretty content with what he makes per volume. There was a rumor that Togashi was going to switch banks because there were no atms for his bank near his house, so the bank built an atm close by so that he wouldn't switch banks. That's why Hunter x Hunter got it's other nick name, Hiatus x Hiatus. The author makes just enough chapters to create a volume or two to make more money, and then takes these 1-2+ year long breaks and then throws out another batch of chapters when he's ready to go. That's why the previous series ended, because they caught up with the manga series and had to stop or go the Full Metal Alchemist route.

The new series is doing pretty well though, and the author is now back releasing chapters again so there should be at least one or two more arcs minimum before the new series either has to stop or make up it's own stories.

I remember when this rumor was about Kishimoto. This story always changes mangaka.

One thing I like about the HxH anime is it's fucking amazing use of Mozart!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Slayven's internet is allegedly slower than DBZ and Moris gets his internet from the same people who made The Witcher

At my dads 30th year reunion picnic and they giving away prises to the kids and I can't even attempt to spell some of these kids names and one was named exodus

Gorillaz

Don't be jealous my mic don't sound like I am landing 797s.

Some dude made a thread calling out Popgaf. Did must not like living.

dude called out popgaf, Wrasslegaf and
the dead corpse of
NBA gaf

bout to be public enemy number one, just Angelus in a race thread or Devo in any of those "pls respond" dating threads

Slayven

At my dads 30th year reunion picnic and they giving away prises to the kids and I can't even attempt to spell some of these kids names and one was named exodus
Dy's kid. His mom was hurt

dude called out popgaf, Wrasslegaf and
the dead corpse of
NBA gaf

bout to be public enemy number one, just Angelus in a race thread or Devo in any of those "pls respond" dating threads

smh, wonder why he woke up this morning and decided to poke bears?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
First time I heard this rumor was from Shouta in the manga thread a couple of Hunter x Hunter hiatuses ago, so this spreading around/changing authors doesn't surprise me.

I think it's funny how the rumor treats making money like a bad thing that only Hunter's author does. Like the idea of generating money doesn't influence every single aspect of these children's comics even when they aren't on hiatus.

I dunno, but he gone learn tho.

ibdN99ZHQsrf3A.gif

He has a point.

It is an industry designed to misdirect you and separate you from your money without really thinking about what it is that you are actually purchasing.

With that in mind, it is totally reasonable (I think), to question why someone would so readily swaddle themselves in that sort of illusion.

royalan

He has a point.

It is an industry designed to misdirect you and separate you from your money without really thinking about what it is that you are actually purchasing.

With that in mind, it is totally reasonable (I think), to question why someone would so readily swaddle themselves in that sort of illusion.

So, I'm confused: what industry doesn't this describe?

Slayven

He has a point.

IS it that serious? You men 98 Degrees doesn't want "just one night" or LFO didn't like "Summer Girls".

Top Bottom