• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

THey making it about offending the police, firefighters, and mil. Untiy is a bullshit message when one side is calling for a stop of police violence and the other side is mad at that message. How do you unify that?

I mean I'd like this to mean something along the lines of the overall message not just being "fuck the police" but that "there's a problem here" and this should signifiy and acknowledgement that "yes there's something wrong". I feel like a continuation to ignore the message has been happening. There's no denying that. But something involving the people in question does seem like an acknowledgement at the very least.

You're right though, it does seem off in a way. I guess we'll see which way this lands.

Edit - probably wishful thinking on my part

Sch1sm

We have got to the stage that people are saying nigger doesn't mean the same outside of America. 😂

I was told that by a Portuguese person recently. They told me, and I quote,

as i said black is a lot more racially chraged here, N was more commonly used as colour tone, you'll say 'the sky is N' rather 'than the sky is black'

Shy

I was told that by a Portuguese person recently. They told me, and I quote.

"as i said black is a lot more racially chraged here, N was more commonly used as colour tone, you'll say 'the sky is N' rather 'than the sky is black'"
3QcE0hX.gif

Just to clarify, that wasn't Sandbox baby/Skrull bullshit. Just Storm taking shots openly on a well known anti GAF off shoot with the same screen name. Storm was a habitual line stepper in this community so what he would say on another forum where he wouldn't get banned for it shouldn't be a surprise.

Regardless the sooner we get aware of certain posters who only seem to show up in this thread when mods and meta commentary are being discussed in order to get moderator actions performed and possibly the community locked, the better.

And with that said, change of subject, how is Florida BCT holding up?
Ended up going to a shelter. Too many trees around.

Lucini

Banned
Is anyone surprised by the PewDiePie shit?

The amount of hand-wringing over internet mobs and "overreacting" is peak GAF.

Florida peoples stay safe, nothing is worth going out for until this storm passes. My kid brother is in Atlanta right now and I've been blowing his phone up with advice and pleas to stay safe in the aftermath.

DMVfan123

Banned
Is anyone surprised by the PewDiePie shit?

The amount of hand-wringing over internet mobs and "overreacting" is peak GAF.

Florida peoples stay safe, nothing is worth going out for until this storm passes. My kid brother is in Atlanta right now and I've been blowing his phone up with advice and pleas to stay safe in the aftermath.

Why didn't VideoGameDunkey get shit when he said the n-word in one of his videos? Because it wasn't with a hard-r?

Young Magus

Just wanted to let everyone know that it was me that sent Storm Chamber to his final reward, not Xia. He's a sad sack motherfucker who spend most of his time at The Bore making fun of you guys and the rest of GAF, and I'm done listening to his whiny little voice.

Thanks

Numb

Why didn't VideoGameDunkey get shit when he said the n-word in one of his videos? Because it wasn't with a hard-r?

I tried looking into this
Other than all the usual excuses and defenses people throw at this there's some joke that he's black. That's the joke.Even tho they know he isn't. Apparently because he posted some hiphop vids or something

Bronx-Man

Banned
Man Orville gives you so much mood whiplash, it doesn't know if it wants to be parody, comedy, or drama

I blame Shy

I'm not sure any of those writers really care as long as Seth gets to play out his Captain Kirk fantasy for half a season before it gets cancelled.

Malyse

At least it isn't Gotham
Punch in the junk or a punch in the face. *shrug*

I equate him with Frank Cho: someone with legitimate talent that can't not be a fuck.

-----

Shit. Breath of the Wild is a shockingly well crafted game. It's like Elder Scrolls without all the jank and unfun gameplay.

Why the fuck are they porting Skyrim instead of Fallout? Like, Fallout would at least fill a niche Nintendo doesn't have, but fucking Skyrim pales horribly in comparison to Zelda.

Also, why are like all of the Switch's games digital only. One time I want to go physical on a system and it's all digital.

Also, I hope I finish Zelda before Xenoblade 2 is out. Switching between those two would melt my brain.
(See what I did there?)
-----

Gimme your fucking friend codes.

-----

How do we feel about the Ava Duvernay Episode IX rumor? Cause I love it.

LionPride

Banned
Like, I already don't like dancin in public cause that's one of the rare times my cute ass is awkward

but then

this nigga next to me kept pushin my ass to grab people's waists and shit

And I almost elbowed him like five times

Skittles

I like clubbing because I don't have opportunities to perform in dance/step shows anymore. Of course, most of the clubs i try to go to are electronic.

That pewd thread is moving as fast as some E3 threads.

Top Bottom