• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Faustek

Anyone here actually never got a whopping? How old are you? 🤔

I got some friends in the bay. I'll ask.

Thanks. Think it's solved for now.
But man, this is a damn jungle. Didn't know that some hospitals didn't take everyone depending on their insurance retainer. So now it'll be a second opinion since the lady is getting really old and such a big surgery is actually dangerous.
Still irritating that I have to go in to the damn anti terrorist shit show and show my Id and such to make a damn money transfer. One would imagine that people financing terrorism wouldn't use legal channels.

Mediking

eUcHz.gif

He favorite J cole video

Lmao ohhhhh

Anyone here actually never got a whopping? How old are you? 🤔

Man, my mom used to whoop and beat me whenever I did anything remotely stupid or disappointing. It kept me in line though.

Faustek

Welcome SaiyanRaoh

My mom told me I didn't get beat with a switch because the tree outside wasn't good enough

Haha, that's something.
But seriously there is an age thing in play here. Think it was during the 80s it started happening. Very few whoppings.

Man, my mom used to whoop and beat me whenever I did anything remotely stupid or disappointing. It kept me in line though.

Yeah kinda the same here. Whenever I did something really stupid and sometimes actually bad things I could catch it.
People can't differentiate between a whopping and a beating.

Hope it goes well with your dad btw.

Mediking

Yeah kinda the same here. Whenever I did something really stupid and sometimes actually bad things I could catch it.
People can't differentiate between a whopping and a beating.

Hope it goes well with your dad btw.

VERY TRUE.... There's people who beat their kids and it's obviously abusive Then there's people who beat their kids for screwing up but they do it from love.

Still haven't called back my Dad. Doing it tomorrow. He's called a few times and I just let it ring because I'm too nervous to answer. But I do text him. Still takes alotta nerves but I do it.

Johndoey

Banned
VERY TRUE.... There's people who beat their kids and it's obviously abusive Then there's people who beat their kids for screwing up but they do it from love.

Still haven't called back my Dad. Doing it tomorrow. He's called a few times and I just let it ring because I'm too nervous to answer. But I do text him. Still takes alotta nerves but I do it.

Good luck with the call tomorrow.
--
I really like Lawbreakers, It feels as good to play as Titanfall 2 and all the classes have solid utility. The designs are very B-tier 90's Team book but I do like most of them. But I dislike most of the Overwatch character designs so eh. I know my tastes differ pretty significantly from others on that point.

Mediking

I've fucking had it with condescending people telling to be more fucking social!

So this co-worker, who's black and introverted so I easily to her, I talk to tell me that I need to social with more people other than her. It's fucking infuriating when people assume that I don't. And when I do, it's not I really have a good time.

Like the time that I wanted to take a picture with a bunch of friends, and then they proceed to take pictures of each other (and not include me in them) and I never get to take a picture

Or when people assume that I can't read their obviously negative language

Or when we were all getting ready to see a movie together, the person getting the tickets forgot to get one for me, so I couldn't go see the movie with them.

Or the time when someone said they would come back to pick me up for a party only to never to do that.

Or the time when I'm talking to someone 1 and 1 and then that person proceeds to talk to someone else and then ignore me entirely. Not even caring that I left.

Or when your fellow maggots in boot camp plotted to have you kicked out of BMT by trying to frame you as fucking crazy

Or when people make fun of your speech impediment.

Or when people, in rural Florida, spreading rumors that you were gay.

So with the two above issues, you end up being very afraid for your life.

Or when you've been rejected 6 times from different people for a dance with the excuse of being "too tired" only for those people to instantly dance with someone else when they ask. And you're still right fucking there and see that shit.

Or when you've been diagnosed with anxiety and then tell your mother about it, she tells you to "pray it away"

Or when you try to speak up during a group conversation only to have people ignore you.

Or when you have to repeat things over and over because people can't be bothered to remember what you said.

Or when the rare times you did find someone who'll actually like having you around, they only assume that they're the only person I associate with.

Fucking hell, I'm tired of this shit. What I wouldn't give to switch places so they can live a life of someone as charmless as I am and then they would struggle to find a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

</rant>

Sounds like you're surrounded by clowns in real life.

Time for a change of scenery and a fresh start.

Mediking

FaceApp pretty much remind me of some of the racist kids who would parody being black and then smile happily about not being black.

I'm not THAT triggered or upset by it but I understand those who are more upset than I am.

Mediking

i wanted to commit some crimes in white face :( damn

Haha oh you.

Also sadly laughing at the posts in that thread that an app like this can trigger a good discussion about race... it's not happening. For every 1 person that's using that app in a harmless way... there's wayyy more that's using it as race joke fodder.

Top Bottom