• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

andthebeatgoeson

Hue Jackson said he ain't want people protesting on the Browns

Shannon had somethin to say

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShadowLeagueTSL/status/897476588673146884/video/1
Let me tell you how i feel. Shannon Sharpe and this move to Fox sports got me in my feelings y'all. About the best thing to happen in sports TV journalism in 10 years? Maybe more.

She just kicked 3/4 of her audience to the curb

Shannon is GOAT, but I love that Skip just sits back and listens. I don't know if he cares or understands, but I appreciate him letting Shannon cook

He cares, he smart to know not to always inpart his opinion however right or wrong it may be
I've been trying to not think Skip just playing a role. Like, I believe Tabatha Lemondrop was playing 'a racist' and i don't excuse that shit; she is racist for that shit.

But i suspect Skip and Fox are counter programming to allow another voice to steal ESPN viewers. But they got me.

And I'm biased because i don't really get down with the Screaming A approach. But if this is how it has to be done, I'm with ya.

I do see the Max Kellermans and Skip Bayless' of the world and I'll say good job. I just worry that our lives and suffering are not permanent programming.

Folks even in the south for Robert E Lee never won't befuddle me.

Ain't like Lee marched all over the south to defend the GLORY OF THE CONFEDERACY.

He never left Virginia except to attack the north once (and that ended in Gettysburg so), he didn't give a flying fuck about anybody but Virginia, why the hell he got statues in Missouri and Texas?

Oh right, we all know why, since he was allowed to live he was made into a messiah figure for those that pine for "the good ole days" of "southern pride".

Y'all hear a whistle?

LionPride

Banned
Like that's not a problem.

But when you're saying people are irresponsible/wrong/selfish for others to decide to have kids who are disabled and putting values on the lives of people who you never have to deal with saying that their life is less worth living etc that's wrong.

Hell I would definitely get an abortion for detectable disabilities. But I don't think people who choose not to are wrong. I don't think people with disabilities objectively make the world a worse place.
That's what's happining? God damn.

andthebeatgoeson

Like that's not a problem.

But when you're saying people are irresponsible/wrong/selfish for others to decide to have kids who are disabled and putting values on the lives of people who you never have to deal with saying that their life is less worth living etc that's wrong.

Hell I would definitely get an abortion for detectable disabilities. But I don't think people who choose not to are wrong. I don't think people with disabilities objectively make the world a worse place.
Stupid. We don't have to comment on everything. Just because i have a thought doesn't mean it's valid. That's one problem.

cdyhybrid

I don't trust people that dress up their dogs
ZlMfvQP.jpg

Black YouTube comments are all the same. Is it true most black people think Deandre shouldn't have been at the protest? They say it wasn't our fight.

In fact the apathy of black folks seems depressing. If we don't do anything how will change happen? Or is it because nothing has hanged? It seems like some black folks have given up with an excuse to seem more intelligent than not.

Slayven

Black YouTube comments are all the same. Is it true most black people think Deandre shouldn't have been at the protest? They say it wasn't our fight.

In fact the apathy of black folks seems depressing. If we don't do anything how will change happen? Or is it because nothing has hanged? It seems like some black folks have given up with an excuse to seem more intelligent than not.

Follow better people or real black people.

So, I'm thinking of getting me a new avatar, something to represent how I feel about the events happening, how I feel about Trump and his hateful, racist as fuck base.

Something like this:

il_570xN.1196971127_bi4q.jpg

What do you think? Should I go for it?

Follow better people or real black people.

I mean people black YouTubers like Cynthia G and I know I shouldn't listen to her rhetoric but her and everyone like her is saying the same thing. I like to believe that at least a quarter of our community is thinking exactly like that.

Slayven

I mean people black YouTubers like Cynthia G and I know I shouldn't listen to her rhetoric but her and everyone like her is saying the same thing. I like to believe that at least a quarter of our community is thinking exactly like that.

never heard of her, and just googling shows she is dumber blackgopchick. Like i said follow better.

andthebeatgoeson

I mean, I hope you know that my statement was no indictment on you for your statement, but Fuck Van Jones. All of these fucks are complicit in this right now. Name and shame.
Nah, i appreciate you and every one else. I know these dudes ain't shit and will say a good thing, then completely flub. And this is the most CNN I've consumed in 2 years. Now I'm upstairs, away from it all, trying to clear my head of fatigue. Can't take too much but i like Cooper. He's good people. I think.

Top Bottom