• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

exarkun

Himuro rage quit? Damn. Thought he was stronger than that.

And damn do I miss the Cosby show. I can remember watching that with my mom when I was little. Then Fresh Prince but his was more black goofy than anything else. I think blackace said it better.

SonnyBoy

Whoompthereitis said:
Just ordered a bunch of dope posters off ebay for my new room.

1. Diana Ross- gorgeous shot of her head
2. Diana Ross + Supremes on stage, 60s era.
3. Roger Troutman- European tour poster
4. Earth Wind and Fire large poster
5. Marvin Gaye on stage- gorgeous black and white
6. Debbie Harry looking trashy and delicious
7. James Brown posing in front of a car with two afro chicks.

Once I get these framed up all nice and combined with my Betty Davis poster I'll have a funked out den of awesomeness.

Can you post a link?

BloodySinner said:
Fuck razorbumps.

I'm pretty much cursed with this shit for the rest of my life. Rarely do I a achieve close shaving around my neck area without bumps appearing just days later. Bullshit.

It plagues me too, I feel your pain. Hell, just last night I went against the grain even though I knew razor bumps would plague me ... because I wanted that clean shave but I know in just awhile I'll be killed with em.

Good thing they don't stay there for a long time in my case, but they are really annoying. There are some on my neck that are still there but fading away... For the most part, I have good skin; I never really have too much pimples and I try to not be ashy. I also try to take care of myself, and with my current weight loss agenda, I really need to start making more life preserving decisions.

I can't even really shave anymore but trimmer (w/o guard) achieve nearly the same effect as straight shaving. They cut surprisingly close, if the hair is long enough (so it's not something I can do every day, but every couple of days) and best of all, no razor bumps from it

Nameless

Big Baybee said:
Martin still has me rolling.

Gina or Pam?

I was in the Gina camp earlier in the series, but goddamn it if Pam wasn't unfuckwithable the last few seasons. Shit, even Martin was having dreams about her. Those 90's tight ass form fitting skirts + Pam's ass >>>>>>> *

And it's real shit when I pick a chocolate sister over a redbone.

Pam was a bitch, though.

Gina seemed like the kind of chick that would scratch a trick's car if she got out of line, would run you a bath when you came home, would roll you the tightest/neatest honey blunt and prepare a plate of rice and chicken on a rainy Saturday night and cuddle/smoke with you as you watched old movies and discussed your beautiful black love.

So basically, I saw my dream wife in Gina, lol :x

captmcblack said:
Pam was a bitch, though.

Gina seemed like the kind of chick that would scratch a trick's car if she got out of line, would run you a bath when you came home, would roll you the tightest/neatest honey blunt and prepare a plate of rice and chicken on a rainy Saturday night and cuddle/smoke with you as you watched old movies and discussed your beautiful black love.

I've got 2 of those right now... my life is complicated.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Big Baybee said:
I shave with clippers. Not as close as with a razer, but it gets the job done without the hair bumps.

I use a safety razor. Once you get over the learning curve, it a fantastic closeness that is only rivaled by the smoothness of stacy dash's booty

sooperkool said:
I've got 2 of those right now... my life is complicated.

My second girlfriend, and the first woman I ever loved, was PRECISELY that woman. But I put her on the most epic of pedestals, and after a year and 8 months she ran back to her ex-boyfriend (who she still had a thing for)...I still carry a torch for that girl, but I do my best to keep that suppressed.

The woman I am dating now is kinda like that, but too conservative to really cut loose - she's the kind of girl I can marry, but I'm not ready to jump the broom and be permanently done with wilding out yet. I love her to death despite that.

There is another woman who I dated briefly in between/concurrently with the woman I am dating now back 2 years ago or so...she would be that girl, except she lived in Cali and moved back there after she finished college here in New York. It was the most passionate 4 months ever. We still talk, and she is sprung on me fierce, but I keep her at arm's length because we cannot do the long-distance thing (and because I am with someone right now).

My love life is really, really complicated. :(

Ive got my dark chocolate fantasy who is the love of my life that I can't be with for all kinds of reasons. I have my current girl, who has a banging body and the cutest look going on. I have my homegirl from back in the day that caters to my dark side that is cool being a side chick. And I have a Badu type chick that feeds my soul. I'm stuck because I feel like I need them all. Needsless to say I have light, dark, tall and short and girl next door and exotic bases all covered. I love and hate my love life.

Nameless

captmcblack said:
Pam was a bitch, though.

Gina nagged way too much and her voice elevated to an annoying octave whenever she would. Add to that her struggles wit weight, especially after having kids, there's an 85% chance you would just end up cheating on her until she dumped you.

Pam on the her hand was cool as fuck. She could more than hold her own as a shit talker around dudes. She had a corporate gig but still fucked with a man who didn't, and perhaps never did, have a job. Pam would never have gotten her head stuck in a headboard..ever. The harder you fuck Pam, the harder she fucks you back. Gina looks like a chick that just lays there. And DAT ASS. Plus she's still sexy as fuck 15 years later... And looks like she will be for a very long time.

tichina-arnold-world-premiere-on-wild-hogs-cjHgo4.jpg

I always thought Gina was prettier, but Pam had that body. Also, it fucked my head up when I re watched Little Shop of Horrors a few years back after not seeing it for YEARS and noticed that they were 2 of the 3 singers in the movie.

1986_FILM(1).jpg

Nameless

In all fairness to Tisha Campbell, that 2 1/2 second panty shot if her in House Party still ranks as the shortest segment of a film that I've beaten off to most. Nice ass... Perfect legs

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nameless said:
In all fairness to Tisha Campbell, that 2 1/2 second panty shot if her in House Party still ranks as the shortest segment of a film that I've beaten off to most. Nice ass... Perfect legs
Are you me? Because I did the same shit. I had a real crush on her in house party.

Nameless said:
OMG hell yes. When her parents are coming in? Damn she was fine. Her body was ripped back then.

Also, WTF happened between her and Martin? They are cool now, but the show was canceled because she refused to work with him.

Found this. Damn.

Mixin’ It Up Pt. 1: Famous White Guys You Didn’t Know Were With Black Women
Mixin’ It Up Pt. 2: Famous Black Women You Didn’t Know Were With White Guys

Chris Noth - Mr. Big is one of the most notorious Becky-smashers in television history. But off-screen he’s got a lovely black woman. Sex And The City made us want to stay away from white women, too.

George Lucas - We had no clue the brains behind the Star Wars franchise was with a black woman. It’s good to know that half of all those billions are going into a black woman’s hands. Now, if she can just divorce him and take some of that money back to the rest of us we could start the revolution.
:lol

Parallax

ryutaro's mama said:
ZOE

ZOE...

:(

is that really a shocker though? chris noth is also one that i wasnt shocked about. seeing how he was in law and order made me think he was down with the swirl

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yo, if anyone sees Himuro on the street, you've got the greenlight to ride up on him blastin lil b.

sciplore

Lucas, Ebert and Puck is new to me with their love of black woman. And I swore Stone liked asian woman. Maybe its just "ethnic" woman that interest him.
Dreams-Visions said:
didn't know DiNero liked dark meat. that's wassap.

I always thought Di Nero was well known. In fact Paul Mooney made a joke about it once, "The only thing a white woman can do for Robert Di Nero is tell him where all the black woman at"
I would conclude this post with more Mooney jokes from youtube but all that is showing up is damn conspiracy videos.

Nameless

soul creator said:

Thanks for posting this. Zoe, Thandi, Tatiana and Aisha are some of my long time favorites, and this proves to that I actually have a realistic chance of pulling on of these women provided I see them in person, and they're single at the time. I'm not white, but they all obviously go for regular dudes. Plus my nerdy stoner charm will allow me to avoid the turn-offs they no doubt found in most black men.

Goddamn at Zoe, though. It's like someone painted a goddess over some dude's Facebook picture.

zoe-keith.jpg

Parallax

sciplore said:
Lucas, Ebert and Puck is new to me with their love of black woman. And I swore Stone liked asian woman. Maybe its just "ethnic" woman that interest him.

I always thought Di Nero was well known. In fact Paul Mooney made a joke about it once, "The only thing a white woman can do for Robert Di Nero is tell him where all the black woman at"
I would conclude this post with more Mooney jokes from youtube but all that is showing up is damn conspiracy videos.

parker is the one with an asian woman i believe. he made a joke about it in the gingers episode

Was in the gym today when one of the trainers walked up to me while I was on the treadmill and asked me, "has anyone ever tell you that you look just like Jamal Anderson!?"

I'm like "uhhh..no, never heard that one."

and he's like "yeah you look JUST like him."

and I'm like "oh ok haha.."

I really wanted to be like: "NO MOTHERFUCKER WE ALL DON'T LOOK ALIKE SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE AND LET ME GET BACK TO MY WORKOUT!"

Tokubetsu

MWS Natural said:
Was in the gym today when one of the trainers walked up to me while I was on the treadmill and asked me, "has anyone ever tell you that you look just like Jamal Anderson!?"

I'm like "uhhh..no, never heard that one."

and he's like "yeah you look JUST like him."

and I'm like "oh ok haha.."

I really wanted to be like: "NO MOTHERFUCKER WE ALL DON'T LOOK ALIKE SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE AND LET ME GET BACK TO MY WORKOUT!"

Idk man, maybe you DO look like Jamal Anderson. We can't just side with you and not know what you look like :lol

Dali

soul creator said:
Thandie, Zoe, and Tatyana? Shit man. Is this why I can't find a pretty black girl that's got sense? See that's the problem with sistahs nowadays; They ignore their kings and get themselves a nice white boy as a status symbol.

/mocking of bitter black women

Seriously though, I have found that black girls that are "right up my alley" have white boyfriends like 99.99% of the time.

Jerk

Banned
Dali said:
Thandie, Zoe, and Tatyana? Shit man. Is this why I can't find a pretty black girl that's got sense? See that's the problem with sistahs nowadays; They ignore their kings and get themselves a nice white boy as a status symbol.

/mocking of bitter black women

Seriously though, I have found that black girls that are "right up my alley" have white boyfriends like 99.99% of the time.

:(

Tokubetsu said:
Idk man, maybe you DO look like Jamal Anderson. We can't just side with you and not know what you look like :lol

I don't though, besides us both being short and muscular looking and....BLACK. It was more of the YOU ALL LOOK ALIKE shit that annoys me. Happens on GAF constantly any time a picture of a black GAFer is posted. "Oh you look just like [insert random black celebrity they look NOTHING like]".

Every short, muscular black man with glasses looks exactly like me, apparently.

I also look like:

- Akon
- Don Cheadle
- Morris Chestnut
- Alfonso Ribeiro
- Jaleel White
- Alfonso Soriano

And an assortment of other dark-skinned peoples. I should just say "yes" whenever I am asked if I am/look like a certain person. Maybe that'll get me laid in Japan or China or something.

Imm0rt4l said:
I'd like to discuss this, but I'm American. Perhaps some of Black British gaf would like to chime in?

I think what's pretty shocking is not just the amount of black kids applying for these 'Ivy League' schools (35 from the Caribbean applied last year) but how many kids are getting the standard three A's needed to attract these schools. 29,000 white kids got three A's or better on the equivalent of their High School finals compared to only 452 black kids. That froze me

Barrage said:
It's alright Kerri! I can pass! I CAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

I want to know what the hell is going on with tatyana ali's breasts. Those things aren't supposed to hit the floor like that until you're 60.

Fuck razorbumps.

I'm pretty much cursed with this shit for the rest of my life. Rarely do I a achieve close shaving around my neck area without bumps appearing just days later. Bullshit.

I used to have bumps so bad I literally could not shave. Shit was painful, face would be torn up for days- until I used this shit.

[ bump patrol

yes you still need to shave every day with a good razor, but the bumps are gone. even existing bumps are completely eliminated.

I had Jaleel White when I was thin.

At my highest weight I had Mike Jones, Notorious BIG, Sean Kingston... =(

But shit, I know a dude who looks just like Usher. :lol He hates being called Usher, and ironically I share the same birthday with Usher...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Dreams-Visions said:
I fucking wish, dude. Oh God, do I wish I made that up, to draw some laughing emoticons.

Her name is "July".

My mom's friend is July's mother, and told my mom because she was devastated and had begged her to not do it.

When I asked her to spell it, She got to, "M, A, apostrophe", and I told her I was done, but she finished anyway.

Mom's first thought was, No teacher is going to call her "Your Majesty."

Ugh my night was ruined.

Lebron said:
Should have known since she's always paired with them in movies.

:lol

I thought there was a damn conspiracy when I saw Death at a Funeral. I was like damn, this is a "black movie" and she still got some vanilla...:lol

K.Jack said:
I fucking wish, dude. Oh God, do I wish I made that up, to draw some laughing emoticons.

Her name is "July".

My mom's friend is July's mother, and told my mom because she was devastated and had begged her to not do it.

When I asked her to spell it, She got to, "M, A, apostrophe", and I told her I was done, but she finished anyway.

Mom's first thought was, No teacher is going to call her "Your Majesty."

Ugh my night was ruined.
I'm officially giving up on my people.

I just can't be bothered anymore. Life is too fucking short. this shit is like trying to fight the stream of a river.

Top Bottom