• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm officially giving up on my people.

I just can't be bothered anymore. Life is too fucking short. this shit is like trying to fight the stream of a river.

My niece's name is a portmanteau of her father's first name and her grandmother's middle name, but it's nothing like Your Majesty

heliosRAzi said:
My niece's name is a portmanteau of her father's first name and her grandmother's middle name, but it's nothing like Your Majesty
since I don't know anyone who'd use that word in conversation and had to look it up, I'm gonna take that as disrespect.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Shit a name like that might make you smart as hell.

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm officially giving up on my people.

I just can't be bothered anymore. Life is too fucking short. this shit is like trying to fight the stream of a river.
I feel you, but I can't yet. I'm going into my third month as an after-school tutor. Sixth and seventh grade.

Fuck me, Akron Public Schools is in a shameful state. I have a 6th grader who reads on a lower level than my 1st grade nephew. Well, maybe equal. and she doesn't give a FUCK.

If I wasn't getting $13 an hour, I might bail, if I thought someone else could come in and teach as well as I do.

K.Jack said:
I feel you, but I can't yet. I'm going into my third month as an after-school tutor. Sixth and seventh grade.

Fuck me, Akron Public Schools is in a shameful state. I have a 6th grader who reads on a lower level than my 1st grade nephew.

If I wasn't getting $13 an hour, I might bail, if I thought someone else could come in and teach as well as I do.
oh yea. I never give up on the kids. only their parents.

heliosRAzi said:
Why, it's perfectly cromulent
ay look! we can step outside.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lebron said:
Should have known since she's always paired with them in movies.
For years, I've questioned whether Zoe has some kind of contract stipulation about dating white males on-screen.

I'm 100% fine with interracial dating though, but I'm totally AGAINST a woman as beautiful as her being with that dude.

K.Jack said:
For years, I've questioned whether Zoe has some kind of contract stipulation about dating white males on-screen.

I'm 100% fine with interracial dating though, but I'm totally AGAINST a woman as beautiful as her being with that dude.

She was paired with Nick Cannon in Drumline :)lol ). It's a shame, though. She looked too good for him.

I might have to start dating outside my race. Black chicks don't like atheists

Merry Christmas, BlackGAF. No one celebrates Kwanzaa in here, right? :lol

The day's been alright. I received mostly cash for Christmas and I actually prefer cash over actual presents. NYC's gonna get hit with a blizzard soon, so stay safe to those that will be affected.

There's been a Girlfriends marathon all day on BET. This has to be the first time I flipped to BET in a year I think. Persia White cot damn...

I hope you guys had/are having a nice Christmas.

ryutaro's mama said:
ZOE

ZOE...

:(

This is the least surprising one along with Thandie. Serena still dating Ratner or no?

I always thought Di Nero was well known. In fact Paul Mooney made a joke about it once, "The only thing a white woman can do for Robert Di Nero is tell him where all the black woman at"
I would conclude this post with more Mooney jokes from youtube but all that is showing up is damn conspiracy videos.

:lol

When I was younger some girls said I looked like Mase if he was taller--never bought that shit.

I just spent a Black Christmas with my family, eating griot, oxtail, jerk chicken, banan peze, rice, red velvet cake, and watching the NBA all fucking day.

...and sadly, Tyler Perry movies all night :(

Madea Goes To Jail just gave me cancer, but I am so conflicted because Keshia Knight-Pulliam's in that movie, and motherfucker is she fine.

Lebron

I spent the day half sick and talking shit as Lord Lebron spread judgement upon the nonbelievers.

Also, mom cooked Gumbo and had a fish fry. Mmmmmm

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
captmcblack said:
I just spent a Black Christmas with my family, eating griot, oxtail, jerk chicken, banan peze, rice, red velvet cake, and watching the NBA all fucking day.

...and sadly, Tyler Perry movies all night :(

Madea Goes To Jail just gave me cancer, but I am so conflicted because Keshia Knight-Pulliam's in that movie, and motherfucker is she fine.
Oxtails? Mmm goddamn. I love those so much. And salmon croquettes for that matter. Thinking of all that really makes me miss my grandma even more

Imm0rt4l

Who Zoe chooses to date should come as no surprise since she's Dominican, not that preference should matter anyways.
Meus Renaissance said:
I think what's pretty shocking is not just the amount of black kids applying for these 'Ivy League' schools (35 from the Caribbean applied last year) but how many kids are getting the standard three A's needed to attract these schools. 29,000 white kids got three A's or better on the equivalent of their High School finals compared to only 452 black kids. That froze me

That is sad

reminds me of this documentary regarding the correlation of race and intelligence/lack of one particular with with Blacks(not from Africa) and our propensity for failure in the school system. http://www.megavideo.com/?v=4F1RWPYD

A thread we had on this video some time ago.
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=378168

Black gaf...wagwan??

I need some help with my facial hair. RIght now I got a full thick beard and it's annoying me whilst making me look like a man. But I want to do something nice with it, like a full beard but fade at the top then thick at the bottom. Or the same with just a goatee, or maybe some long arse sideburns!

Are there any sites/examples you can recommend? I do my own shape ups so I can't ask my barber :(. Although I might go in tomorrow to get shaved up down at my barber

HiResDes

Hey guys wasn't there a thread for Black Cinema, I have an important entry I'd like to add but my searching skills are failing me at this point

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Mecha_Infantry said:
Black gaf...wagwan??

I need some help with my facial hair. RIght now I got a full thick beard and it's annoying me whilst making me look like a man. But I want to do something nice with it, like a full beard but fade at the top then thick at the bottom. Or the same with just a goatee, or maybe some long arse sideburns!

Are there any sites/examples you can recommend? I do my own shape ups so I can't ask my barber :(. Although I might go in tomorrow to get shaved up down at my barber
A lot of it depends on your head.

85% of black guys can get away with shaving their head and doing whatever the fuck else they please with their facial here. If you're one of those other 15% like me though... :/

DominoKid

Mecha_Infantry said:
Black gaf...wagwan??

Stalley beard. Do it.
STALLEY1.png

HiResDes said:
Hey guys wasn't there a thread for Black Cinema, I have an important entry I'd like to add but my searching skills are failing me at this point
I don't remember if there was a Black Cinema thread but I do remember talking about a lot of black films in the previous Negro-Age thread.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
GAF's reaction to Zoe. Reminds me of when my brother almost literally wrecked my shit apart when I told him Kerry Washington here was dating a white guy and showed him a pic of her with some random guy( I just said it randomly, don't even know if this is true).:lol

Kerry+Washington-JTM-024255.jpg

kerry-washington-hairstyles-and-makeup-looks-4.jpg

Oh man. OH MAN.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
sooperkool said:
Lets all not forget to have your Black Eyed Peas and Collards on the first for good luck!

god i hate black eyed peas. and taking them every year is like a shot in the arm.

Barrage

GodDAMN Kerri Washington is fine. I'd do anything for that woman. I've told people She Hate Me was a good movie with a straight face.

Bleepey

Veidt said:
GAF's reaction to Zoe. Reminds me of when my brother almost literally wrecked my shit apart when I told him Kerry Washington here was dating a white guy and showed him a pic of her with some random guy( I just said it randomly, don't even know if this is true).:lol

Kerry+Washington-JTM-024255.jpg

kerry-washington-hairstyles-and-makeup-looks-4.jpg

Oh man. OH MAN.

It always makes me laugh that black guys who date everything under the sun get pissed when they see a hot black girl with another race of man.

Bleepey said:
It always makes me laugh that black guys who date everything under the sun get pissed when they see a hot black girl with another race of man.

I don't know why a brother would get mad at that...if she's hot I always think, "her loss" or "get those bills paid girl!" *shrug*

...so what the fuck just happened?

So literally just 15 minutes as of this posting, I was at the drug store picking up some shower gels for myself. When I initially entered the store, there was a woman that I noticed over at the cosmetic section. I would assumed she worked there. After picking out the items I that needed, I was approached by that said woman. She gave me an invitation card to attend a new year's eve party and insisted that I showed up. However, I was not interested and politely declined it. She asked why, and my response was; I have other plans. The bitch instantly turned into a Super Saiyan and started cussing me out and shit. Along her lines she said the following:

"What? Haha. I'm too good for your shit anyway. Look at you, all preppy-dressed and crap. You're probably into redneck white trash."

I gave her a really confused look and strolled as fast as I could to the counter to get the fuck out of the store.

BloodySinner said:

So literally just 15 minutes as of this posting, I was at the drug store picking up some shower gels for myself. When I initially entered the store, there was a woman that I noticed over at the cosmetic section. I would assumed she worked there. After picking out the items I that needed, I was approached by that said woman. She gave me an invitation card to attend a new year's eve party and insisted that I showed up. However, I was not interested and politely declined it. She asked why, and my response was; I have other plans. The bitch instantly turned into a Super Saiyan and started cussing me out and shit. Along her lines she said the following:

"What? Haha. I'm too good for your shit anyway. Look at you, all preppy-dressed and crap. You're probably into redneck white trash."

I gave her a really confused look and strolled as fast as I could to the counter to get the fuck out of the store.
:lol Describe her.

BloodySinner said:

:lol I guess she didnt know enough people. How random.

USD

BloodySinner said:

Vfiry.jpg

Lebron

BloodySinner said:

She was tripping on that henne.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
spindashing said:
Happy new Year, BlackGAF.

I just got done eating my Soup Joumou.

haitian-soup-joumou.jpg

I swear I've gained some pounds eating it. :lol
My breakfast and lunch today:lol

Happy Independence Day H-GAF

SSJ1Goku

Banned
BloodySinner said:

http://www.generation-x.net/viewVideo.php?video_id=4660&title=INFERIORITY_COMPLEX_PROJECTION&vpkey=

Bleepey

Dreams-Visions said:
since I don't know anyone who'd use that word in conversation and had to look it up, I'm gonna take that as disrespect.

lol. I used portmanteu in an essay at uni and a professor was impressed. I read way too much wikipedia at the time.

Top Bottom