• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Jerk

Banned
Question to Black-Gaf:

I need a Barber asap, but I do not know anyone in town (Tallahassee). Will it be too awkward to go to a 'White' barbershop (it will be my first time)?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jerk 2.0 said:
Question to Black-Gaf:

I need a Barber asap, but I do not know anyone in town (Tallahassee). Will it be too awkward to go to a 'White' barbershop (it will be my first time)?
If you can help it, wait it out. Last time I was dumb enough/desperate enough to let a white lady cut my hair, she stopped halfway through to show her co-workers how she cut waves into my head.

My mom took me to Fantastic Sams once when I was a kid. No one knew how to cut black hair effectively, so my mom took me home and cut my hair herself :lol

Jerk 2.0 said:
Question to Black-Gaf:

There has to be a good shop near campus.. ask around.

Jerk

Banned
sooperkool said:
There has to be a good shop near campus.. ask around.

There are, but most of them are closed on Sundays.

I think I am going to suck it up and go; I will just get a buzz-cut.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Question to Black-Gaf:

If they know how to cut black hair sure.

Do not take risks. Do not. I remember there was a haircut thread and there were horrid moments in haircut history. :lol

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Himuro said:
VEIDT. TELL US MORE ABOUT AFRICA. POST PICS. N SHIT.

There is a big 'us' and 'them' proponent in the gay community that lots of people are not aware of.

Not a bad idea. I might search the internet for some info on all kinds of different Africans, dedicate one post a day to each one of them or something.

I'll need to get on that when I have some more free time. :D

one of my bruhs (fraternity brothers) family is from Ghana. He has hilarious stories about monkeys raiding the family food pantry and stealing all the bananas.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
harSon said:
Check out this 50+ page thread of African Beauties: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=609676

That's a whole lotta Somali women man. :lol

By the way. My favourite news anchor of all time:

sesay5.jpg

<3
edit: goddam, she's gorgeous.

Veidt said:
Not a bad idea. I might search the internet for some info on all kinds of different Africans, dedicate one post a day to each one of them or something.

I'll need to get on that when I have some more free time. :D

actually i was gonna make thread about it. It will be great idea. Make one saying know your continent or something.

Jerk

Banned
spindashing said:
If we're talking about women, NegroGAF is back in action.

Just don't go out of hand, guys. The man is always watching.

What happened to the last thread anyway?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
TacticalFox88 said:
Himuro I think you should add "Sagging Pants. What's your take?" to the OP.

We're talking sagging pants now? Took this friday at the DMV:

o0b09g.jpg

come on dudes, really?

dvdjamm

spindashing said:
"Paul Mooney was right."

To make things simple, it took one idiot to destroy everything.

RT...One minute it was fine,then there was White-GAF,Asian-GAF,Latin-GAF,etc...Then I saw the people with skin post...

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Door2Dawn said:
Don't you think taking that picture and posting it is a tad but creepy?

not really, he's dressed like a damn moron. I was going to bring this up in the other thread, but, you know

Shurs said:
Is it my imagination, or do the majority of Black Americans have general aversion towards Pedestrian Laws?
it's your imagination. everyone...especially people under 30 have an aversion to pedestrian laws.

DY_nasty

:lol

thats not even that bad. its only sagging if you can see boxers

DY_nasty

I was just talking about the guy on the right, the one in the red is a mess :lol

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
dvdjamm said:
Have you ever seen someone wearing sagging pants playing a pickup game of basketball? Hilarious...
if you can dribble the ball between the sagging pants and their crotch that should be an instant 3 points right there.

DrFunk said:
We're talking sagging pants now? Took this friday at the DMV:

o0b09g.jpg

come on dudes, really?

Hold up.... you call that saggin pants!? that's nothing. Those are just jeans that aren't waist fitted butt huggers.

If you consider that saggin, then you must be into the whole skinny jean fad.
Wearing your jeans a little loose on the hip ain't saggin, wearing your jeans somewhere between the bottom of your ass and above your knees, now that is saggin.

this is saggin
RiCF4.jpg

and that is ridiculous.

HomShaBom said:
- Where you're from
Cleveland, Ohio.
- Where you live
Fort Bragg, NC.
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy
Fuck I don't know, my moms from Tennessee. Never met my dad.
- Do you know your roots?
Nope.
- Your Age
- Favorite musical genre
Hip hop, not much "gangsta" rap.
- Your profession/major/career interest
Currently a medic in the US Army. Once I'm out in 2 years going back to school to finish my International Relations degree.
- Your religious affiliation
Follow no religion.
- Hobbies
Internet, a few video games, studying Arabic, relaxing by myself

I'm right up the road... we'll have to grab a beer or two next time I'm in FayetteNam.

starblade

Jerk 2.0 said:
Question to Black-Gaf:

I haven't spent too much time in Tallahassee but I do know that FAMU (one of the biggest black colleges in the nation) is right there. Just go round the campus and ask some people...somebody gotta know how to cut plus there's bound to be a few good shops around the university area.

Count Dookkake said:
My first awareness of "black culture," as opposed to enjoying certain music artists or comedies and the like, was seeing a t-shirt from the early 90s. A bunch of black kids at my high-school started wearing shirts that said "It's a black thing. You wouldn't understand."

Shirt was correct; I did not understand.

I think I do now. Kinda.

On a tangent, I like all kinds of humor dealing with taboo topics. If at any time I make a joke involving race that bothers any GAFfer, feel free to PM and tell me what was wrong about it. I only wish to be intentionally offensive. Accidentally offensive is not the right kind of funny.

Buy this and wear it out for a while and report back in:

loveblackpeoplemain.jpg

tirminyl

I'm curious, black-gaf...how do you wear your hair? Normal fade cut? I have had fades since I got made fun of having long hair in the 5th grade, so I have not gone at least 3-4 weeks without a cut.

I've decided to grow my hair out from Sept 2010 til March/April 2011. It's killing me. What the hell am I supposed to do with this crap?

lightless_shado said:
:lol :lol

Top Bottom