• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Hole

Anyone here remember seeing this movie is a child? It was probably one of the most terrifying movies I've seen when I was a kid.

So many truly terrifying moments. Maximilian was imposing. The black hole in the background is scary enough. Oh yes and when they discovered that the previous crew were turned into robots and then they even show the assembly line. Probably one of the most scariest moments is the ending where the antagonist ends up trapped inside Maximilian's armor.... in what is literally Hell.

Oh yeah, and the villain is played by the guy from Psycho.

And to top it all off, this was a Disney movie. It may have been the late 70s but oh man this was a Disney movie.

I wouldn't even recommend a small child seeing this movie nowadays as it may traumatize them.

Shame the movie had poor critical reception.

Yup.
That movie was whack. Not sure why I was watching it as a little kid.
It was truly a far out movie. I mean there you are watching a science fiction movie and all the weird shit in it is enough to frighten you but then it actually has an ending where we see literally Heaven and Hell.

This was a time when Disney was still creative. Something like this would not be released nowadays.

Kilau

Anyone here remember seeing this movie is a child? It was probably one of the most terrifying movies I've seen when I was a kid.

So many truly terrifying moments. Maximilian was imposing. The black hole in the background is scary enough. Oh yes and when they discovered that the previous crew were turned into robots and then they even show the assembly line. Probably one of the most scariest moments is the ending where the antagonist ends up trapped inside Maximilian's armor.... in what is literally Hell.

And to top it all off, this was a Disney movie. It may have been the late 70s but oh man this was a Disney movie.

I wouldn't even recommend a small child seeing this movie nowadays as it may traumatize them.

Haven’t seen it in years, fond memories of it as a kid. I don’t think Anthony Perkins is the villain, just kind of an idiot.

dave_d

Haven’t seen it in years, fond memories of it as a kid. I don’t think Anthony Perkins is the villain, just kind of an idiot.
Wasn't Maximilian Schell, Reinhardt, the actual villain? (Well ok, he says at one point to save him from Maximilian but I figured he was lying about that.)

Kilau

Wasn't Maximilian Schell, Reinhardt, the actual villain? (Well ok, he says at one point to save him from Maximilian but I figured he was lying about that.)
Yes he was the villain and it intrigued me as a kid that Maximilian’s character had a henchbot named Maximilian but it’s an awesome name. We named one of our Danes Maximilian.

That's weird that I've never seen or even rather heard of this movie. Then again, I was born in the 90s so that's probably why and as a child I was raised on Disney films such as the Jungle Book and The Lion King. The Lion King surely did traumatized me with the death scene and you know every kid and their mom cried at the father's death lol.

The only Sci Fi movies I've seen were Terminator and Aliens as a child with a my dad. So all I saw was horror and gore while laying on a couch kekw.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Yeah man. Was like 7 at the time, end shot is still imprinted.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Even better, it had realistic physics in the beginning, they were weightless when not under thrust.

Nowadays simulated gravity is just assumed in everything other than The Expanse.

It's a great film, if totally wack at the end.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I barely remember it... I remember the little floating robots .. one was a junker and the other was a young'n.

Top Bottom