• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

well this was a far better episode than the pilot but I just hope they actually make the FBI useful and I really didn't like the shaky cam when there chasing that one guy, it make me feel dizzy.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really enjoying this show, I know a lot of people don't like it but I'll definitely be sticking with it.

Aaron

I really like the show, but the one big flaw is everyone in it but Spader is an IDIOT. Right at the top of ep 2 he tells them they're going to need rescue workers at a certain time. And everyone is like 'Gee, wonder what it could possibly be?' When they're walking on train tracks that cut straight through the site. And they're also walking all over them like complete morons.

Enjoyable show, but I wonder how long they can run with Spader knowing exactly where Blacklisters are going to be at a specific time. The first couple I get. After that it's going to feel extremely moronic that he knows when and where things are going to happen if he's been behind bars for weeks/months.

Additionally, it's fun that he knows so much more than the FBI, but that too will wear thin. He's going to need some serious humble pie in the mix here somewhere.

Aaron

how does he know the exact times and places with him behind bars?
Watch all the way to the end of ep 2? He isn't behind bars anymore. With the train derail, he said the Freelancer plans his attacks months in advance. He hasn't been in custody that long.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the second episode, man that was great. This is turning into my favorite new show this season, although I hear good things about Sleepy Hollow.

I'm surprised this OT is only 3 pages long, I thought more people would be into this show.

At some point they'll need an adversary capable of outwitting Spader, otherwise this takedown of the week thing - hey it's kinda like Revenge! - will get awfully old.

Tamanon

Banned
As someone who is learning security/cryptography, this episode is starting to hurt me a little bit!

Spader is such a ham.

Is this going to be 22 episodes? I am finding it very hard to stay interested with shows of that length anymore. Results in too much filler - regardless of the quality of the overall show

10 - 16 episodes is perfect.

actually like this episode but I still still worry about the 22 episode this show going to get.
I do wonder what Reddington is planning and what agency does the husband work for.

I kinda like this show so far, but I wanted to post a nit-pick yesterday, but couldn't find the thread

The Blacklist - s1e3

first minute of the episode. Black SUV gets lit the fuck up with an uzi in the middle of a downtown pedestrian filled area, people on motorcycle bust passenger window while firing a hand gun at the driver and steal a suitcase, another motorcycle pulls up driver side, pops off a couple shots to the head, breaks window, cuts of dead drivers hand then speeds away.

Not a single fuck was given by a singe pedestrian as they all carry-on about their business as if nothing had just happened 10 feet from them. no one is running, ducking, hiding or anything. they just keep walking casually as if it didn't happen.

That just stood out to me as really odd.

pariah164

I love this show. Spader steals the show, obviously. But anyone else notice that Lizzie's scar
matches the marking on that hidden box
? I think we have a Myth Arc, folks!

And also, shit's getting interesting now. (Ep.. 3 spoilers)
Those guys bugging the place were sure slick; I thought they were going for the box, but. Nope.

Marleyman

Banned
I kinda like this show so far, but I wanted to post a nit-pick yesterday, but couldn't find the thread

The Blacklist - s1e3

first minute of the episode. Black SUV gets lit the fuck up with an uzi in the middle of a downtown pedestrian filled area, people on motorcycle bust passenger window while firing a hand gun at the driver and steal a suitcase, another motorcycle pulls up driver side, pops off a couple shots to the head, breaks window, cuts of dead drivers hand then speeds away.

Not a single fuck was given by a singe pedestrian as they all carry-on about their business as if nothing had just happened 10 feet from them. no one is running, ducking, hiding or anything. they just keep walking casually as if it didn't happen.

That just stood out to me as really odd.

I think the audacity and quickness in which they pulled it off left most in shock/afraid to do anything.

Marleyman

Banned
I love this show. Spader steals the show, obviously. But anyone else notice that Lizzie's scar
matches the marking on that hidden box
? I think we have a Myth Arc, folks!

And also, shit's getting interesting now. (Ep.. 3 spoilers)
Those guys bugging the place were sure slick; I thought they were going for the box, but. Nope.

I thought the guys were definitely going for the box. I think there are a lot of cool what if's so far that have me intrigued to keep watching,
plus Spader is so damn good.

pariah164

I thought the guys were definitely going for the box. I think there are a lot of cool what if's so far that have me intrigued to keep watching,
plus Spader is so damn good.
I've always been a James Spader fan; this show made me love him even more. Every episode adds a little bit more to his character.

I think they're there to spy on Lizzie's husband. I loved how he was like, 'I don't like you hiding things' when he was hiding a whole boatload of secrets. And again, lol with the FBI keeping flags on Lizzie now.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this show isn't perfect but it's definitely entertaining. I love Spader as Reddington, he just seems like he's having a blast playing the role. I thought the 2nd episode was really strong, followed by a really weak 3rd episode. The criminal that Spader brought down in the 2nd episode showed us a lot about who Reddington is and what his beliefs are, but the 3rd episode was just kind of flat and boring. Hopefully the 4th episode will pick it up a bit.

Jesus, Lizzy getting Tomb Raider esque level of ran through the ringer here

Whatadickhole

HAHAHAHAHA THIS SHITTY NEKKID OLD MAN JUST PUNCHED HER IN THE FACE

Shiiiiiiit, cold-blooded. Must've killed someone he loves.

Spader is so great in this show.

He took that pic of the kid for a reason, I think...

But ya, Spader owns this shit.

Also can we stop pulling Break The Cutie on Lizzy already? Also why is she getting on Reddington for executing a dude who murdered like 300+ people?

Oh and:

POWA DUNK

Top Bottom