• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boomer Shooter tsunami

Guilty_AI

The curious thing is that Baby Boomers had nothing to do with the FPS we are now emulating.
For example, John Carmack was born in 1970, so he is a GenX. And most people who played his games at the time were GenX and Millennials.
There might have been some Baby Boomers that played these games, or even helped making a few. But they were the exception.
The slang 'boomer' is often used just to refer to old people, regardless of them being a baby boomer or not. So in a way you could say boomer shooters just means old shooters.

Killer8

I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics of some of these throwback shooters. Ion Fury and Ultrakill look great to me but the ones that try to ape the Quake-era look like Dusk and now Hrot look really bland. Something like the enhanced edition of Quake should be the bar that is being aimed for:

GC_DALBEN

I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics of some of these throwback shooters. Ion Fury and Ultrakill look great to me but the ones that try to ape the Quake-era look like Dusk and now Hrot look really bland. Something like the enhanced edition of Quake should be the bar that is being aimed for:

Well, QUAKE is the best fps ever made :)

Top Bottom