• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys – Season 3 Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Season 3 arrives June 3rd

The-Boys-Season-3.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I forget if I even saw Season 2, but thought it was a decent season 1. Like many superhero movies and shows, they could gas a couple of them and make it a better fit. The Aquaman and Wonder Woman characters are total filler. On the plus side, the blonde who plays Starlight is hot as hell. She might be among the hottest blondes I've seen. Main reason why I watched it. Gets tiring seeing Hughie with his dumb face in shock every 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Ah, from the poster it seems that Stormfront is back in the rotation? After Homelander she seems to be the most powerful one of The Seven so having her back in the rotation is scary.

Love the show and some of the characters, and can't wait for Season 3. But I strongly agree with StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige -- Queen Maeve (the "Wonder Woman" character) and The Deep (the "Aquaman" character) are two of the least appealing characters on the show, and none of their scenes really do anything for me. It's not the actors; they do a fine job. It's the characters themselves. They could be replaced with different characters for all I care.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ah, from the poster it seems that Stormfront is back in the rotation? After Homelander she seems to be the most powerful one of The Seven so having her back in the rotation is scary.

Love the show and some of the characters, and can't wait for Season 3. But I strongly agree with StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige -- Queen Maeve (the "Wonder Woman" character) and The Deep (the "Aquaman" character) are two of the least appealing characters on the show, and none of their scenes really do anything for me. It's not the actors; they do a fine job. It's the characters themselves. They could be replaced with different characters for all I care.
And that's my opinion just watching season 1. I dont think I watched #2. If I did I probably watched 1 episode and quit. So if you watched all of season 2 and have the same opinion, it looks like those two characters will be a borefest again when I get around to watching the rest of the season before season 3. Ugh.

Edit: I checked the episode guide and I actually watched to episode 3 of Season 2 (September 4th episodes).

Last edited:
And that's my opinion just watching season 1. I dont think I watched #2. If I did I probably watched 1 episode and quit. So if you watched all of season 2 and have the same opinion, it looks like those two characters will be a borefest again when I get around to watching the rest of the season before season 3. Ugh.
There are cool things about Season 2, but yeah it's definitely a downgrade from Season 1.

The show writers got a bit too distracted with the political things going on in real life around that time (2017-2018) and brought those to the show, and the show's quality (in my opinion) suffered as a result.

Trunx81

Gold Member

Without the deep we wouldn’t have one of the most hilarious scenes of the show. I laughed my ass of at the dolphin scene.

Hyped for the third season!

JayK47

Really cool concept. I wonder if they will ever wrap it up nice. I always worry cool shows like this will get cancelled before coming to a decent conclusion.

Rockondevil

Interesting to see Stormfront on the poster. Looking forward to it. Always great to see more Homelander.

Last edited:
Without the deep we wouldn’t have one of the most hilarious scenes of the show. I laughed my ass of at the dolphin scene.

Hyped for the third season

Totally agree, the Deep’s descent during season 2 was the funniest plot line in the entire show. Loved it.

Easily one of the strongest shows on TV even with the overblown political aspects in season 2 that have already aged terribly.

Hugare

Edit: I checked the episode guide and I actually watched to episode 3 of Season 2 (September 4th episodes).
Actually, their character development was pretty great

Deep tries to get back to the Seven, no matter the costs, and it leads to some pretty funny situations. And you can see that the character is trying to be a better person, but he is such a douche that he doesnt even know where to start.

And Maeve was great. Without much spoilers, she goes from a cynical person who doesnt give a damn about her psychopat colleague to being interest in doing the right thing and etc. Her character arch was one of the best of the show so far.

Watch the 2nd season, its pretty good and short

Macattk15

God this looks amazing.

Also while that Imagine Dragons song is catchy, EVERY fucking song of theirs is the same exact song.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Is that poster official?
That image is straight from the second season, complete with Stormfront who's dead.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Editaur

Not going to watch the trailer and will go in fresh.

Hopefully they do a better job than Season 2 which felt like a B Plot episode stretched out for an entire season.

pramod

Banned
I watched the show mainly for Homelander. He's by far the most interesting character and the main thing that holds the show together. One of the reasons Season 2 felt weaker was because there was less focus on Homelander and him being a psycopath.

But he's also simultaneously the show's biggest weakness. Since he's so powerful, we barely see him do anything besides vaporizing people with eye lasers, which gets boring after a while. As a result I feel the show and writers are having problems figuring out what do do with him, they can't really let him cut loose since he's way too powerful.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks fun.

Really enjoyed S1 but S2 was a step down. Don't know if it's the same in the comics but it feels like it doesn't really have much of a main plot.
The main "good" guys in particular feel like filler characters in their own show.

Last edited:

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Hopefully they give the show a proper budget. Season 2 definitely felt like a huge cut back in terms of scale and set pieces... Especially the last 2 or 3 episodes.

Looking forward to it regardless.

Last edited:
Hopefully they give the show a proper budget. Season 2 definitely felt like a huge cut back in terms of scale and set pieces... Especially the last 2 or 3 episodes.

Looking forward to it regardless.
That last fight with the Girls get it done music where Stormfront was getting the shit kicked out of her , was just awful with full of quick cuts and bad edition. Covid really screwed them on the second season.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
God fucking dam it. 1 episode a week? was looking forward to bingeing this over the weekend.

Anyways ep1's for anyone who watches weekly.
Actually it looks like there's three episodes up for season 3 right now.

By the way thanks for reminding me about this.

Edit: I thought I only saw one episode too when I started watching. Maybe they're in the process of putting all the episodes up for season 3 as we speak. Hopefully because I want to binge watch.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Edit: I thought I only saw one episode too when I started watching. Maybe they're in the process of putting all the episodes up for season 3 as we speak. Hopefully because I want to binge watch.
They release 3 episodes today, then 1 a week.
I think I'm gonna wait a little bit, I want to binge watch too.

clarky

Gold Member

Hey your right, 3 up, there was only one when i checked. Still sucks this drip feed of content.

Enjoy if your watching!

clarky

Gold Member
Love this show, darkly funny. not sure i'll be able to hold out until the end of the season..................................

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
"Not Without My Dolphin" lol :messenger_tears_of_joy: Then the stupid Homelander promo with all of the stupid sounding streaming services.

The first episode was great. This season is already off to a better start than where season 2 left off IMO.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I just finished episode 3. As has always been, very entertaining. I wish I could just binge watch instead of have one episode every week.

Darkmakaimura

What's the verdict so far? Decent?
Very enjoyable. Probably the most gross season. I feel there's a lot more gross out moments already in the first three episodes. So if you have a weak stomach I would avoid this.

Otherwise, quite entertaining. Definitely better than the Ben Kenobi show.

clarky

Gold Member
Very enjoyable. Probably the most gross season. I feel there's a lot more gross out moments already in the first three episodes. So if you have a weak stomach I would avoid this.

Otherwise, quite entertaining. Definitely better than the Ben Kenobi show.
Jolly good, no weak stomach here the grosser the better lol. Probably crack when i get home in a couple of weeks and watch 5 or so with the Mrs. Good to know the qualities not dropped.

And on a side note fell out with Star wars after the last movie. Can't watch Disney fuck up my childhood any longer lol.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
I should not have watched this while eating dinner tonight, that's for sure. Looking forward to Ep2 tomorrow.

Top Bottom