• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys Gets Early Season 5 Renewal

Draugoth

Gold Member
entretenimento-the-boys-prime-video-1709132251.jpeg

Prime Video has handed The Boys an early Season 5 renewal, a month ahead of its fourth season premiere on June 13, TVLine has learned. The announcement was made as part of Amazon’s inaugural upfront presentation on Tuesday.

jason10mm

Gold Member
entretenimento-the-boys-prime-video-1709132251.jpeg

I think you can tell a lot about a person by the way they throw the middle finger. Closed fist with just the 1 finger out; all the fingers up, just bent at the first knuckle; somewhere in between? Some of these guys look like they have never done it before. LAz and Karen look like they use it instead of waving hello or saying goodbuy :p

YCoCg

5 seasons of dudes meant to be killing each other hugging it out with zero subtlety orange man bad references.
Thanks for the reminder not to bother with the show.
Oh come on, this show mocks everyone, it's literally both sides the show, the way they mock corporate wokeism and SJWs should be right up most people's alley. If you cry about them mocking right wing stuff too then are you any better than the loons?

Last edited:
I do wonder how it is going to end. I guess they will kill Homelander in the end? Though he is the fan favourite so I doubt they will do that in Season 4 at least as without him people are much less likely to go Season 5.

Last edited:
The story is getting stale. Sucks they keep dragging it on for another 4-5 years. Fucking Hollywood cant really let good things end. Gotta milk everything. Meh

More episodes of me wife's son and you're bad for liking The Homelander Show starring Homelander. Hey at least Eomer and Sheriff Hood are getting paid.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
I think you can tell a lot about a person by the way they throw the middle finger. Closed fist with just the 1 finger out; all the fingers up, just bent at the first knuckle; somewhere in between? Some of these guys look like they have never done it before. LAz and Karen look like they use it instead of waving hello or saying goodbuy :p
But why showing the finger to the audience? What is the meaning behind this? Give us your money and fuck off? I don't get it.

ZehDon

Still enjoy the show, but it'd better be looking to wrap up soon. There's not a lot left the story can do without repeating itself.

Is it a final season or is the show going to continue spinning its wheels? I like the show but damn we need an end in sight.
There’s 4 ways this can go:

1) They pull a Supernatural/Walking Dead. 10-15 seasons of circling because fans like certain characters too much.

2) They pull an HBO style 6 to 8-season run. This will be the season where we will see some shifts and character deaths.

3) This will be a 5-6 season run as Gen V is used to buildup a new crew, because they are about to brutally kill off 2/3 of The Boys cast in the next 2 seasons.

4) They use the thing we saw at the end of Gen V, we get one more season of Gen V then the last season of this. Everyone dies due to that thing.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I thought season 4 would be the end, especially as they teased the virus that kills sups.

Not sure how far they can stretch this.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
They'll stretch it until people stop watching. Until then, Amazon will keep ordering more.

So, origin stories, behind the scenes baddies we never knew about, secret supes in other countries, etc.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Yup, I also thought season 4 was going to be the last one.
Anyway, team Homelander! I love (and hate) that MFer. It's just so well played a character.

Yes every devolves to how much they hate TRUMP. And they are very heavy handed about it.
Which is technically a reflection to the reality on how that dumb ass truly aided in the division of a country, made racism worse, and riled people up enough to storm the capital.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Which is technically a reflection to the reality on how that dumb ass truly aided in the division of a country, made racism worse, and riled people up enough to storm the capital.

It is a TV show about super heroes being the bad guys, escapism. Not really a reflection of the current political state of the country.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I thought season 4 would be the end, especially as they teased the virus that kills sups.

I only really see it going two ways

A. EVERYONE gets powers, then after a bit of lunatic chaos, they settle on "if everyone has powers, then NO ONE has powers" and life goes back to normal.

B. NO ONE has powers (or all the supes get killed off) and after a bit of lunatic chaos, life goes back to normal.

Unless they go full on Injustice/Invincible/Irredeemable with Homelander attacking world governments and trying to run the whole show himself, there is really no where else to go. Maybe a "Butch/Homelander work together to stop (+/- working for Voight) supers infiltrating the US government" plotline but I dunno. The showrunners don't seem to really care about developing the corporate/political stuff beyond the bare minimum, it's just "new villain of the season" type stuff.

It is a TV show about super heroes being the bad guys, escapism. Not really a reflection of the current political state of the country.
There is such a thing called satire. Not only that, but X-Men was very political when it came to the rights of mutants and tolerance. MCU too when it came to the devastation in NY and Sokovia, and how it led to Civil War, among all the comics that delt with politics in a fictional world. Superman went rogue and became a dictator. The Boys is no different here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom