• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BUREAU: XCOM Declassified First Gameplay! Tactics, Permadeath, and new screens

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New trailer

Rev3Games - THE BUREAU: XCOM Declassified First Gameplay! Tactics, Permadeath, and Third-Person Shooting

Debut Gameplay Reveal - "The Signal" Mission

New pics
The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-1.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-2.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-3.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-4.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-5.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-6.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-7.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-8.jpg

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-9.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/13/the-bureau-xcom-declassified-screens-show-teamwork-aliens/

Previews

Eurogamer

Destructoid

IGN

Kotaku

Gamespot

Gamesradar

Mass effect is finally getting a sequel.

Grain filter has returned.

I love xcom: enemy unknown but I dislike that this game is counting on certain shooting troops like exploding barrels.

The_Monk

I like the setting to be honest but I'm still not sure about the gameplay. Either way, thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

KKRT00

Lol, worse AI than mass effect 2, he showed cover for both and one of agents jumped in front of it, instead of hiding behind it.

Also wtf with those M14 weapons spread around battlefield?

Also indestructible cover ... Seems easy as fuck. It should be made in Mass Effect 1 fashion, not 2/3.

The idea of integrating some strategy elements from Xcom is cool but so far the execution looks a little rough. Things just seemed a little janky in that gameplay video, and shooting does not look great compared to other cover-based TP shooters.

eshwaaz

Such mixed feelings on this. I absolutely love the setting and premise, but have no interest in playing a tactical squad-based shooter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Jb

Visually the game looks oddly washed out. The time period immediately reminds me of Mafia 2 that went for a similar cartoony early 60's vibe but looked much more vibrant.

Cautiously optimistic about the game overall though. We haven't had a Brothers in Arms game in a while and this could fit the bill.

Current version started in 2010 when the old era and design was scrapped completely and development moved from 2K Australia to 2K Marin. Some of the old team left and started up another company.

The stuff from 2006 was just concepts thrown around by Irrational themselves rather than Marin/Aus.

Chev

As said in the other topic (for the video detailing the changes), I like the new gameplay but not that they reverted to the usual stable of enemies - the abstract ones were much more interesting.

Corto

Looking good. Nice threesome of Bioshock/Xcom/Mass Effect. I just want to wait for more details about leveling/tech trees and tactical playing but is on my radar for sure.

Haunted

Not a fan of the blue and orange aesthetic of tactical view.

Just let me pull back the camera a little and take in my surroundings "honestly". No need for this special view with wallhacks and enemy highlighting and stuff.

Visually the game looks oddly washed out. The time period immediately reminds me of Mafia 2 that went for a similar cartoony early 60's vibe but looked much more vibrant.
There's a strong filter overlaid that mutes all the colours and is supposed to (I guess) evoke the colour scheme we're used to from photos and videos taken in the 60s and 70s. Think Instagram. (yuck)

PaulloDEC

Why's the rev3 guy repeat everything he says? "So you said, so you said, there's a, uh, there's a..."

I think Max sometimes struggles with putting his thoughts into words, so he does a bit of repeating/stumbling during conversations. He's a cool dude, though.

Game looks pretty interesting, though as a non-strategy-minded guy, I'm pretty hesitant still. I like the look in any case, there's something vaguely illustrative about it while still being realistic.

Socky

It looks interesting and I like the similarity to Brothers in Arms, but really, no co-op? With 'Team' one of your main game elements? It doesn't mean I won't buy it, but for my XCOM loving friends and I, that would have made it a near-must buy. I'm a little disappointed. Still, I remain curious.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Looks generic as fuck. Thank god this was put on the back burner and enemy unknown was released, otherwise the x-com series would be done.

I like how they have no problems showing how bad the AI is.

Saw one guy jump right over cover even though it was just told to take cover on the other side.

DodgerSan

Just noticed that Enemy Unknown is -66% on Steam (UK at least) making it £10. Definitely worth grabbing if you haven't already.

ButchCat

That trailer was really well edited. Really digged that one.

Edit: Is it me or does the main protagonist sound like he's voiced by Troy Baker?

Cyberia

''First gameplay'' Well IGN had already the exclusive last week.

Game looks better than I expected, but the artstyle is pretty terrible.

Castef

Banned
They cut away the management part. That's bad, because it could have added something nice to the shooter itself.

pakkit

Banned
I'm pretty optimistic.

A collaboration of Firaxis, the world builders from Bioshock, and the writing team from Spec Ops... Take Two is one of the best publishers in the industry right now, I really like how they've built games the last half of this generation.

Top Bottom