• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cabin in the Woods teaser trailer (Whedon, Thor, Josh Lyman; April 13, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adg1034

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810035105/video

Cast: Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Chris Hemsworth, Fran Kranz, Kristen Connolly, Amy Acker, Tom Lenk, and Brian White
Five friends go to a remote cabin in the woods. Bad things happen.

If you think you know this story, think again. From fan favorites Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard comes THE CABIN IN THE WOODS, a mind blowing horror film that turns the genre inside out.

Going off the trailer, that seems like a fun twist.

ivysaur12

Banned
Not what I expected... and I'm so excited because of that.

Also, Topher and Saunders back together again. My life is good right now.

These types of quotes are hilarious.
a mind blowing horror film that turns the genre inside out.
Yeah, I'm pretty certain it's not gonna do that. The trailer to me was as typical as they come. Looks like another SAW knockoff. I think the fact that there wasn't any sense of isolation in the trailer (ie. you know people on the outside are controlling shit) makes it less scary, as well as the unrealistic nature of it all.

Enk

makes good threads.
I really hate the way horror movie trailers are cut these days. It's the same fucking set up each time. Cheery opening, sudden cut to ominous music, lots of quick "ooh scary" edits, it crescendos then quiets, LOUD JUMP NOISE, end.

Anyways, I've been waiting for this film for a long time and despite the shitty trailer edit it looks a lot of fun to me. That cabin was more Evil Dead looking than I anticipated.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
These types of quotes are hilarious.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it's not gonna do that. The trailer to me was as typical as they come. Looks like another SAW knockoff. I think the fact that there wasn't any sense of isolation in the trailer (ie. you know people on the outside are controlling shit) makes it less scary, as well as the unrealistic nature of it all.

yeah, I saw this movie, it sucks. Oh I meant I saw the trailer. Oh wait...

Why does this motherfucker have to be so hunky? Shit just makes any character superficial as fuck. Why did I even post this.

A new movie from that overrated hack Whedon, hooray!
I enjoy a good horror movie, but that looked lame as fuck. Sci-Fi element makes it feel less grounded and therefore tense. No thanks, I'll stick to Cabin Fever for my cabin-based horror.

Stet

Banned
Twist at the end is that the mysterious guys in the booth are the producing the very film we're watching.

Exuro

Not what I was expecting at all. Kind of excited as it doesn't look like your typical horror flick.

I'm not gonna lie, I almost turned it off after 'LIONSGATE' showed up on screen. Glad I didn't, it looks like a modern horror film but the
sci-fi
leanings are neat.

Official Poster:

cabin_woods_poster-620x918.jpg

Instro

Looks like a cool sci-fi horror, which is not something you see too often these days outside of the RE movies which are more action movies than anything else at this point.

I think it looks pretty fun. I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't just an Evil Dead redo, but out came the sci fi twist.

looks fun but the typical lets have some nude scenes with these couples is getting a tired hollywood trick to bring in teens to watch the movie

looks fun but the typical lets have some nude scenes with these couples is getting a tired hollywood trick to bring in teens to watch the movie

lol, there is a lot of ignorance in this post. Ignorance of the history of Hollywood, the history of horror, and the career of Joss Whedon.

Busty

Banned
Meh. Wasn't feeling the script (could barely get past page 30) and I'm not feeling the trailer either.

The script lost me and I started flicking through it and became more and more disinterested. Which considering I do remember some
robots, zombies and every other horror staple
turning up in it is quite a feat.

I might check it out if I hear some good word of mouth.

Also it's interesting that the MGM logo is now nowhere to be seen on the trailer just distributor Lionsgate's logo. Hmmmmm, interesting that.

Platy

The trailer looks way more serious then everything i heard about it till now ... except for the "...really ?" scene...

But ... AT FIELD ! =O

Stet

Banned
I am observing your ignorance.

Seriously, nudity in exploitation films is nothing new. Nor is the promise of nudity.

However, this is a Joss Whedon production, so I would not expect something so leering.

Either way, you are ill-informed.

Yeah guys, Joss Whedon is a self-proclaimed feminist!!!!!!

Replicant

It looks kinda Matrix-y? When the bird flying into that invisible wall my first thought was "Huh? Animus 2.0 (Assassin's Creed)?"

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I love Joss Whedon, but when a horror movies trailer looks and feels like an action movie... I'm less excited. I don't want blood and crying. I want chills and scares dummies.

adg1034

So, Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News fame just held his 13th annual Butt-Numb-A-Thon: 24 hours of movies (vintage, unreleased, and recently-released) that he thinks are just plain awesome. (Count Dookake's been, if memory serves; maybe he'll drop in here and give some more insight.) People send in elaborate applications in order to attend, ridiculous gift bags are given away to all, and it's not uncommon for major actors/directors to either show up to introduce their films or even be in the audience. Previous attendees: Elijah Wood, Robert Rodriguez, etc.

Anyway.

One of the films this year was The Cabin in the Woods. The audience apparently went nuts.

THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

I'm not going to review this movie with any length, at least, not yet. But I will say this. Read nothing. See nothing, including the trailer. Go in blind. There are movies that it's okay to be spoiled a little bit on. This is not one of those movies. THE CABIN IN THE WOODS won BNAT this year, hands down. There are audience experiences at BNAT that I cherish more than any other. Seeing THE LORD OF THE RINGS films for the first time. Seeing Buster Keaton's THE GENERAL with a live band. To that, I'll simply add the last 30 minutes of THE CABIN IN THE WOODS. It's going to be a BNAT experience that I'll treasure forever, and simply put, this is a must-see film when it opens in April. Because it's probably going to be one of the most talked about genre films of the year. Believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom