• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captivate 2011 Reveal Thread! - Confirmations from Capsule Computers!

Dahbomb

$15 is a decent price tag. Will triple dip though (actually quadruple, SF4 on 360, SF4 PC, SSF4 on PS3 and now SSF4AE also for PC).

Wait nvm that's for the DLC. Wonder how much the full PC version will cost.

MrDaravon

At this point I'm assuming MvC3 is going to basically rot until they release a Super version of it later. The game's been out for two months, and the only character DLC has already come out and was known about well before release. And with them pushing SSF4 AE and SFvT at this event, it seems that MvC3 is just stuck in a timing limbo. Super disappointing.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
No MvC3 or 3S: Online news? h8 life.

SSFIVAE for PC out in July is nice though. Bring on them Juri mods.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
I'm so glad Abel made the cut in SF x TK

game looks juggle-riffic too!
Its Tekken baby!!

LowParry

So SFxTekken chars so far:

SF: Ryu, Ken, Chun, Guile, Abel
Tekken: Kaz, Nina, King, Mar, Bob

Goddamn. Need some more video! And the backgrounds were all sorts of crazy.

Bulzeeb

that sf x t trailer was nice but unfortunately I am not into fighting games, now does anybody here has a Dragon's Dogma trailer on youtube?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Criminal Upper said:
IMPRESSIONS:

Dragon's Dogma

Director: Hideaki Itsuno

Dragon's Dogma has the largest development team in Capcom history. The game is fully open-world, but has a main line story you can choose to follow or you can opt to explore at your own pace. Not much was divulged about the story itself, but it does have to do with an ancient sleeping dragon choosing a warrior to be his servent, and thus you must embark on a quest to see the dragon's will done.

You can choose between three classes: Strider (think ranger) a mage, or a fighter. You hit the field and will receive objectives and sidequests and can try and complete them alone, but you are best to recruit "pawns" to your cause. You can meet any NPC in towns or out in the wilderness and have them be AI controlled team mates who will greatly assist you in taking down mythological monsters (Griffons, Hydras) or raiding a temple or saving villagers, etc.

The gameplay is fast and action-orientated, but there is lots of strategy and RPG elements under the hood. In the playable demo, you can only choose the strider, where you have a light attack, strong attack and one special move for each, in this case, daggers. You also have a ranged attack (bow and arrow) and most interesting of all, a "grab button".

In the demo, you must kill a massive eagle headed griffon, and this is where the grab button comes in handy. You can choose to fight the griffon while it's flying in the air, you hack at it when it's on the ground, but you can also grab onto the griffon from any angle you want, beak, tail, legs, then proceed to hack at it until it throws you off, or comes crashing to the ground.

Meanwhile, your fighter and mage companions can help you in various ways, the mage can imbue your daggers or arrows with fire, which will be able to set the griffon ablaze, if this happens while the griffon is airborn, his feathers will burn up, and he'll come crashing down in spectacular fashion.

The fighter meanwhile, can call to you, and let you know they will give you a boost by holding out their arms. The will then catapult you into the sky, where you can grab onto the griffon in mid-flight. Awesome stuff.

Smaller enemies, such as goblins will also join in on the battle, and pester you while the griffon flies overhead and tries to dive bomb the entire party. Once you get the griffon down to the ground, you have to work hard to slay it while it's there, less it take to the skies again. Once dead however, the griffon will be covered in blood, and it's feathers will be ripped and torn, you really feel like you just barely won an epic battle.

The sound track is fully orchestrated, and amazing, think Shadow of the Colossus, but even more bombastic.

Graphically, the game is amazing, draw distances to die for, tons of dust/rocks debris shooting all over the place when the griffon comes crashing down...

One of the most awe-inspiring sights, was when the griffon was hovering in front of the sun, waiting to attack your party, every individual sunbeam was poking through the folds of it's feathers, making it look like the most majestic fucking creature ever.

Liking the sound of this a lot.

Nemesis_

TommyT said:
/random... do we have a title of the song that is in the background of the SF x Tekken vid?

I can't remember, but it's in the bottom right hand corner during the closing card for the trailer.

KAL2006

Banned
SxT trailer was good

and I like that Capcom are making a new IP, a nice change around this time of the generation were we usually get a barrage of sequels.

Shitty names aside, the actual content all looks good to me.

Dragon's Dogma looks pretty awesome for an action game (glad to see the DMC4 team back in action). Rather spectacular visuals and a I love all the dragon shit that is like Skyrim.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is also quite exciting because Frank > Chuck by quite a wide margin. I'm happy it's coming to PC, and it should really be offered as DLC in addition to a disc release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
By reading the impressions and watching the trailer of DD, it kinda reminds me of Demon's Souls + Monster Hunter.

Sad to say, the only exciting announcement by Capcom so far this year is the RE:CVX and RE4 PS3/360/PSN/XBLA announcement. :/

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
TommyT said:
/random... do we have a title of the song that is in the background of the SF x Tekken vid?
Black Tide "Honest Eyes"

its at the end of the video.

slaughterking said:
So is DD something like Monster Hunter? The trailer wont load for me, but those tiny screens kinda look like it.
It looks and sounds like Lost Planet meets Western RPGs.

Or Monster Hunter meets Demon's Souls. Whichever you prefer.

2ltj5v6.jpg

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
ULTROS! said:
By reading the impressions and watching the trailer of DD, it kinda reminds me of Demon's Souls + Monster Hunter.

LOL, I just posted that in the official DD thread. So I'm not the only one who sees that.

What the hell happened with Capcom, they started this gen at the top with non stop consecutive hits. Over the last year and a half they have reduced themselves to lackluster announcements followed by lackluster titles. Are they going out of their way to be the new sega !

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Did they at least field any questions on MvC3, or do we know completely nothing about their intents for the future?

Gameboy415

Well, I'm sold on pretty much everything.

-I haven't played SSFIV so I'll probably pick up SSFIV Arcade Edition.
-Dragon's Dogma looks pretty damn good.
-Dead Rising 2 with Frank West and fixed bugs sounds great.
-I love the Resident Evil series so I'll definitely be picking those up.

Haven't seen much on SF vs Tekken or Asura's Wrath, but I'll probably add those to the "will buy eventually" list as well.

MrDaravon

Dragon's Dogma trailer on Giantbomb for those having problems with Capcom's site: http://www.giantbomb.com/dragons-dogma-debut-trailer/17-3994/

It's not out until next year so I'll give it some benefit of the doubt, but the video makes it seem like it straddles this weird line of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter. This results in some parts looking good, and then some of the character animations looking straight out of something like Oblivion being super awkward looking.

Dahbomb

Ok this makes more sense. I was wondering why Itsuno was there, seems like he is working on Dragon's Dogma.

AAAAAAAAaaannd that confirms that DmC's game play will NOT be done by Itsuno. No way he is going to devote effort to two big Capcom titles, he's going to be working on his new title. Still it's nice he gets to work on something other than DMC or a fighting game for once.

dankir

So I take it Neogaf user Criminal Upper was at the event or works for Capcom. Can you explain why there was no talk of MvC3 DLC? New Characters, Costumes etc?

LosDaddie

Banned
$15 for the AE DLC is what I expected. Will buy on X360 on Day 1. And I'm glad it's won't be out until June. Gives me more time to work on my backlog. :)

Top Bottom