• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captivate 2011 Reveal Thread! - Confirmations from Capsule Computers!

I'm all for a japanese developer trying to make a western rpg, since I'm pretty much done with jrpgs. That gameplay trailer looked solid and promising, they just need to make a fucking PC version

h3ro

Wish they released the AE DLC a week earlier so it made it for Evo. Come on Capcom, its just six days earlier!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Criminal Upper said:
2ltj5v6.jpg
Thats my team right there.

LowParry

Despera said:
The gameplay vid consisted of the SF characters beating the shit out of Tekken characters.

The only reason I watched that trailer was to see how different Tekken characters fit in a Street Fighter-styled game. meh...

I'm sure there's another gameplay trailer of Tekken characters doing just that. Just not posted yet or found.

dankir said:
So I take it Neogaf user Criminal Upper was at the event or works for Capcom. Can you explain why there was no talk of MvC3 DLC? New Characters, Costumes etc?

I was at the event, but I do not work for Capcom.

I think the reasoning behind no Marvel news, is that they already had two big fighting games to promote, and well, Marvel has already been out for like two months.

Skilletor

h3ro said:
Wish they released the AE DLC a week earlier so it made it for Evo. Come on Capcom, its just six days earlier!

EVO should change their rule to any DLC released after June 8th will not be included. :p

LowParry

Jax said:
Capcom vs Tekken looks awful and all wrong. Tekken's a 3D fighter and in that youtube, the game looks ugly and pointless.

It's also early footage and hardly polished. Same shit was said about SF4 when we first saw it. Look how that turned out. Let the damn dinner cook before we eat it.

Jax said:
Capcom vs Tekken looks awful and all wrong. Tekken's a 3D fighter and in that youtube, the game looks ugly and pointless.

I played it, shit was really fun, but it's still early. That awful gameplay trailer does it no favors, in person it was a blast to play.

Not many others seem to be, but I'm definitely hyped for all of this stuff!

SF X Tekken will be great, SSFIV AE gives me an excuse to jump back into the console SSFIV after playing it again on 3DS, loved Dead Rising 2 so Off the Record is a definite and both Asura's Wrath and Dragons Dogma look interesting :)

jax (old)

Banned
Dragon's Dogma is kinda sexy. Its like Demons Soul but by Capcom and I loved that you could attempt to kill the hydra a couple of ways.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jax said:
A banana is a pointless phone. ;)

Oh snap, Yoshichan got banned he must be crying right now.

h3ro

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I would hope EVO would concede a week so it's in the lineup.
Agreed. These guys are the best, most have had access to AE for months now and those that haven't will have at least 3 weeks for prep.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
kinda strange theres no word of any new mvc3 DLC info, maybe there is no plan for new characters? OR they might be waiting it out since mortal kombat is coming out soon?

the shadow battles is stupid. also the costume choices are restricted to "new coat" of paint changes, meaning not much to expect.....you want war machine with machine gun/launcher as IM alternate, no can do....its too much work LOL

I have a feeling that mvc3 will be exactly like Sf4's situation, any new chars added will be on a new disc.

Jax said:
that's why you'll be wanting Tekken X Street Fighter and NOT Street Fighter X Tekken.

there's two games. Capcom is making one in their style of fighting game, and Namco is making one in their style of game.

Dahbomb

Dragon's Dogma looks pretty good. Solid visuals, creature designs, draw distance, voice work and soundtrack.

Framework/animations need a little work but most of that stuff can be ironed out.

It's Capcom's take on the WRPG genre.

Lyonaz

Man I want SFxT soooo bad! It looked absolutely sexy.

Also DR2: Off The Record will buy that one too, loved DR2.

SSFIV:AE DLC day one on PS3.

Hell I'm even excited about Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath.
Capcom did okay.

Top Bottom