• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Chicago Bulls Team Logo is Timeless

cantona222

latest

I was impressed when I came to know that the Chicago Bulls team logo was created in 1966. The design looks modern and still holds up by today's standards. No wonder why the Bulls logo is the only logo that was never changed for an NBA team that was established pre 1994..... because it is perfect.

Look at some of the NBA team logos in the 60s & 70s and you will understand my point.

Boston Celtics:
latest

Houston Rockets:

Cleveland Cavaliers:
latest

Also here is a link that lists the evolution of all NBA logos.

So what other commercial logos that held up for more than 50 years in your opinion?

Forkball

Dallas Cowboys have kept their logo since 1964.

95GhJmO.png

It was just a blue star for a few years, until genius struck and they added a white border. It's one of the few teams, like the Dodgers or the Yankees, that will never have a uniform or logo overhaul.

Since 1909

Yankees_logo.png

Not a Yankees fan, but their logo along with the Cowboys, Flyers, Cubs, Packers, Raiders, Hawks, and Bulls are what comes to mind when I think of timeless logos.

Another Bulls thread. Imagine how many we would get if they were actually good. The Heat logo is still the best in basketball and will stand the test of time.

SKINNER!

Banned
Came here to post the yankees logo. Not a fan (Tigers man) but that logo is EVERYWHERE! Europe, Asia, USA, EVERYWHERE! Worn by fashion followers, music fans and of course people who don't even care about MLB let alone the yankees baseball team. Yeah, teams like the Bulls and Raiders are popular but its not timeless. Everyday people only wore Bulls in the 90s. Everyday people only wore Raiders in the 90s. I don't see anyone here wearing those teams anymore. I see Golden State and I see Patriots...because those teams are relevant today. Yankees though? Seriously, the yankees can be absolute garbage for the next 20 years and your average kid or bloke will still wear the caps and shirts.

bjork

Came here to post the yankees logo. Not a fan (Tigers man) but that logo is EVERYWHERE! Europe, Asia, USA, EVERYWHERE! Worn by fashion followers, music fans and of course people who don't even care about MLB let alone the yankees baseball team. Yeah, teams like the Bulls and Raiders are popular but its not timeless. Everyday people only wore Bulls in the 90s. Everyday people only wore Raiders in the 90s. I don't see anyone here wearing those teams anymore. I see Golden State and I see Patriots...because those teams are relevant today. Yankees though? Seriously, the yankees can be absolute garbage for the next 20 years and people will still wear the caps and shirts.

Are you in So Cal? I see it all the time.

Came here to post the yankees logo. Not a fan (Tigers man) but that logo is EVERYWHERE! Europe, Asia, USA, EVERYWHERE! Worn by fashion followers, music fans and of course people who don't even care about MLB let alone the yankees baseball team. Yeah, teams like the Bulls and Raiders are popular but its not timeless. People only wore Bulls in the 90s. People only wore Raiders in the 90s. I don't see anyone here wearing those teams anymore. I see Golden State and I see Patriots...because those teams are relevant today. Yankees though? Seriously, the yankees can be absolute garbage for the next 20 years and people will still wear the caps and shirts.

This. The Yankees logo is worn everywhere on caps in sweden. And most have not even seen baseball or know its a baseball team logo. Weird huh? But thats true. Most people think its New York the logo.

Same with Raiders, by far the most popular NFL logo here but people dont know what the logo is for.

azyless

Came here to post the yankees logo. Not a fan (Tigers man) but that logo is EVERYWHERE! Europe, Asia, USA, EVERYWHERE! Worn by fashion followers, music fans and of course people who don't even care about MLB let alone the yankees baseball team. Yeah, teams like the Bulls and Raiders are popular but its not timeless. Everyday people only wore Bulls in the 90s. Everyday people only wore Raiders in the 90s. I don't see anyone here wearing those teams anymore. I see Golden State and I see Patriots...because those teams are relevant today. Yankees though? Seriously, the yankees can be absolute garbage for the next 20 years and your average kid or bloke will still wear the caps and shirts.
Yep. I live in Europe and I knew the logo years before I even knew about the Yankees.

SKINNER!

Banned
Are you in So Cal? I see it all the time.

Nah man. UK. During the Jordan days you saw everyone with a Bulls cap. Not so much anymore. I gather that in the USA you'll get a broader range of people with different team logos. Case in point, you go to your average sports store here and the only New Era caps they'll stock is NYY becuase they sell well.

Lkr

this is the second bulls thread i've seen this week, what is going on? did i transport back to the 90s?

fwiw the Lakers have been using the same(ish) logo since they arrived in LA with slight color changes and modernizations over the years. hell it was so good that the clippers decided to use the same exact logo!
Lakers-Logo-history.jpg

Since 1909

Yankees_logo.png

Not a Yankees fan, but their logo along with the Cowboys, Flyers, Cubs, Packers, Raiders, Hawks, and Bulls are what comes to mind when I think of timeless logos.

I wonder how much was he paid to make one of the most iconic logos, if not the most iconic logos, in sports and as a representation of the great city/state.

I wonder if there was any royalty fees involved, which I doubt.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Since 1909

Yankees_logo.png

I wonder how much was he paid to make one of the most iconic logos, if not the most iconic logos, in sports and as a representation of the great city/state.

I wonder if there was any royalty fees involved, which I doubt.

Yep. People here in Sweden who don't know anything about baseball or give a shit will walk around with caps with that logo on it. It has completely transcended its original purpose and meaning.

SummitAve

Banned
this is the second bulls thread i've seen this week, what is going on? did i transport back to the 90s?

fwiw the Lakers have been using the same(ish) logo since they arrived in LA with slight color changes and modernizations over the years. hell it was so good that the clippers decided to use the same exact logo!
Lakers-Logo-history.jpg

Nah needs a name change. LA Lakers still only makes as much sense as the Utah Jazz.

It's a great, iconic logo.

Though that you mentioned the Celtics, they've effectively had the same jersey for 70 years:

zCnhBZJ.png

Mostly just swapped 'Boston' for 'Celtics' and slightly altered the text.

Obligatory:

3f1d5b9253f2ad2a7a77327133034435.jpg

I have never seen this........... it all makes sense now

Radec

I bet some mistakenly thought NY is just New York.

But yeah, kids back then in my country wear them and nobody fucking watches baseball or probably let alone knew it was a baseball team logo lol.

v1lla21

Yeah the Yankees logo is the real winner here. It's worn everywhere despite people not knowing what it means or that it's baseball related.

76ers old logo was so good they literally just re-used it for the update

Yeah, I think all of the Philly teams have really nice timeless looks. You could say the Eagles old Kelly green look was more timeless but I'm still a big fan of the midnight green. So glad the Sixers came to their senses and went back to red, white and blue.

Top Bottom