• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

It depends entirely on my laptop screen.

If I have the screen positioned as it is normally, I see white (well, blue that I interpret as white under different light conditions) and a very dark gold. However, as I tilt it back, it changes to black and blue.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MiNi0xS.jpg

do we all agree on pink and green?

Namikaze1

Went out the room to get something to drink. Came back and took a glance at the picture. The fucking picture changed from white and gold to blue and black before my eyes. Sorcery is say!

Striek

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_1280.jpg

JLoKfhH.jpg

I was seeing white and gold, very obviously, on the top, original picture.

Thanks to alrights bottom picture I now see the top as blue and black as well.

Fucking eyes, how do they work.

Iksenpets

Banned
With my contacts on, that dress was clearly white and gold, but when I took them out it's clearly blue and black...

I'm scared

Ok, this finally did it. When I took my glasses off AND held my phone as far away from my face as I could, I started to see the blue and black. Putting my glasses back on or bringing it closer to my face immediately turned it back to white and gold though.

EDIT: OH FUCKING GOD IT JUST CHANGED TO BLUE AND BLACK PERMANENTLY WHAT THE FUCK

It's a white and gold dress with a cool blue ambient light. The cool light is giving the white sections a blue tint and the gold a slight brown.

I have no idea where the black and blue people are coming from.

-griffy-

Banned
I see blue and brownish. The brown is obviously black though, but the white balance of the photo is off so the black has too much orange in it and becomes brown.

I tested it on my girlfriend. Asked her what the colors were before telling her what the options were. She saw black and blue.

Can someone show this to someone, but tell them it's white and gold (or blue and black) and don't give them the other option? I want to see how it's interpreted if you don't know what you're supposed to see.

Zero2kz

I saw white and gold. Went back to page one and now it is clearly black and blue.

You swapping out the picture and fucking with me? What the hell.

Nanashrew

Banned
tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_1280.jpg

JLoKfhH.jpg

I was seeing white and gold, very obviously, on the top, original picture.

Thanks to alrights bottom picture I now see the top as blue and black as well.

Fucking eyes, how do they work.

Yeah, I see it clearly now too. Having a comparison really helps.

Sure, if you take a tiny splotch out, it no longer looks black. In the context of the photo, it looks like somewhat faded black fabric.
But they're all different shades of the same color. I would find the more colorful section of it to be more informative than the darker one. My brain would reject the blackness. Although, the top can kind of look like a dusky gray in the darker versions of the image...

diaspora

Sure, if you take a tiny splotch out, it no longer looks black. In the context of the photo, it looks like somewhat faded black fabric.

It's either black or it's not. And it's not in the photo in the OP. The dress can be in actuality black rather than gold, and that's fine which is what the followup image is for but in the OP image... it's not black.

23qwerty

It's a white and gold dress with a cool blue ambient light. The cool light is giving the white sections a blue tint and the gold a slight brown.

I have no idea where the black and blue people are coming from.

1. because the colours in the image are objectively blue and black (with parts of the black having gold tinges)
2. because the dress itself is actually blue and black

easy peasy

Coreda

First of all it's obvious the color balance is off, which is giving what looks to be black lace a brown color.

Here it is somewhat color corrected to reduce some of the yellow cast (taking samples from the black and white fabric in the bottom-left corner and some of the grey points in the background), making the black tones more neutral (RGB). Not a complete correction but a clearer representation of the color (considering we also have this photo).

As for the main fabric though I'm genuinely amazed that people are seeing the blue color as white though, it's baffling to me. Opened in three different browsers to make sure it wasn't some bizarre embedded color profile people are seeing differently.

Is it just that color specifically or how far into the blue spectrum does this go? Surely no one sees the GAF light theme blue as white.

Is this what the original pic was?

I could understand people making the mistake there.

Cyan

Banned
It's either black or it's not. And it's not in the photo in the OP. The dress can be in actuality black rather than gold, and that's fine which is what the followup image is for but in the OP image... it's not black.

Heh. Look up the chessboard illusion.

Vaporak

3Yk268o.png

These are the primary colors I see in the photo.

verified by software

EDIT: GODAMMIT alr1ght

light blue and gold.
HrkhCGC.png

i can certainly understand calling it white and gold, but anyone saying black is crazy.

I see a light blue, and a darker brownish goldenish color. Both in the OP's picture, and in these isolations. In these sorts of isolations, does everyone see the colors exactly the same as they appear in the OP's picture? I just don't get how anyone would call (132, 112, 75) as "black" for example, or (150, 167, 210) as white, even though most people are saying at least one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom