• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cover athletes for EA Sports UFC 5 have been introduced

EA has just promised a full reveal of EA Sports UFC 5 tomorrow (September 7), but that wasn't the only thing they had to say as they also have presented the cover athletes for the game.

It turns out that Alexander Volkanovski and Valentina Shevchenko will get the honour for the Standard Edition, while Stylebender (Israel Adesanya) is the star of the Deluxe Edition
coverathletesea_4099183.jpg

coverathletesea_4099193.jpg

Mephisto40

Have these game actually advanced at all in the last 3 offerings or is it the standard EA affair of updating the roster and basically releasing the same game again?

RagnarokIV

Have these game actually advanced at all in the last 3 offerings or is it the standard EA affair of updating the roster and basically releasing the same game again?

A lot has changed but actually advancing? No.

As a striking game, it's ok. But as soon as any grappling or groundwork comes in there's still just a massive disconnect of feedback.
You don't get any sense of what you're doing carries weight or power. The fighters look like they're loosely holding each other and are made out of Styrofoam. It's like the physics when a building is destroyed in Battlefield but fighting.

Last edited:

Hugare

EA should stop using ingame models on their covers. It looks pretty bad.

This one is not as bad as the FC 24 cover, but still pretty bad

Last edited:

GymWolf

So the gyno chinese african newzealand dog jerker and the the chick who is not champion anymore? Lmao.

At least we have Volk (but of course they put the future goat of the sport behind the female fighter, it's ea after all)

Why not using leon and zhang weili instead?

Models still look terrible compared to how they should look in a nextgen game that only has to render 2 pg and an arena...

I smell another mediocre game, and of course no pc version.

Last edited:

Erkuza

Banned
it's probably selling better than the Fight Night games if they keep putting these out lol. But yeah, I do miss the PS360 days when me and the boys were playing Fight Night all summer long.
I think it has more to do with the cost of licensing the likeness of each boxer. Unlike UFC where they would just need to negotiate with the one company they would have to negotiate with every single boxer instead since it's a decentralized sport. Licensing alone would cost them more than what it would cost to make a UFC game.

Top Bottom