• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew PC Beta Starts Monday July 21st

drotahorror

Posted on their Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thecrewgame

Beta runs from July 21st - July 25th

Beta Details:

-Explore the entire United States with no loading screen and complete a variety of exciting challenges:

Midwest: all missions and skill challenges.
East Coast: all skill challenges.
Rest of the country (The South, Mountain State, West Coast): free roaming at will!

-2 PvP lobbies, one in the Midwest and the other on the East Coast, where several races will be waiting for you to prove your skills against other players

2 Main Regions
5 Cities
30 Missions
66 Landmarks
200 Skill Challenges
6200 Miles of Road.

Guess we'll be getting emails this weekend.

Hope I get one!

meptrep

I'm trying to remember if I even signed up for the beta or not...

Looking forward to it either way, the E3 trailer was pretty neat and made me a bit more interested in playing it.

Bsigg12

Really curious about this after all the E3 praise.

Crazy time for beta's recently. Evolve beta is coming really soon as well I think.

The Evolve PC alpha should be coming up soon. From what we know, the beta is Xbox One exclusive, though it could be a PC/XB1 beta.

2 Main Regions
5 Cities
30 Missions
66 Landmarks
200 Skill Challenges
6200 Miles of Road
15000 turbobucks to unlock the cars

I'll try to get into the beta though, the game sounds alright outside of that dealbreaker. And the other dealbreaker. Hopefully the data and feedback they get out of this will alleviate at least one of them.

Denton

Will there be any stupid NDAs or can we look forward to many videos,screenshots and impressions?

I have great hope for The Crew, especially since it has HUDless mode and cockpit view.

Hip Hop

Holly shit.

My most anticipated game of the year (probably neck to neck with Forza Horizon 2).

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 2 last generation and they were the creators of that base. I'm sure it will not disappoint.

Hope I get in.

I don't see anything wrong with this, their games have for the most part revolved around online and The Crew actually has a reason for it to be that way. It's a huge world.

I'd be really excited reading the OP if I didn't know this is a ubi title.
I can't imagine the horrific driving controls, even for an arcade game. And it will be even worse.

drotahorror

I'd be really excited reading the OP if I didn't know this is a ubi title.
I can't imagine the horrific driving controls, even for an arcade game. And it will be even worse.

It's made by the TDU guys so it's not like Ubisoft's main teams are behind the wheel so to speak.

Corpekata

Banned
Fairly certain that's what the Beta is limited too, maybe as far as activities? Because googling the map shows there are five regions total and each region has multiple cities. So it might just be that say, New York and Miami are active but Seattle will not feature any missions in the Beta.

The Cowboy

Dammit UbiSoft, they're messing with people who registered for the beta. Got an email stating "THE CREW - Get ready for our PC Closed Beta!" and though "yay!, I'm in :D", I read the top of the image and it states this.
iC6PvQC.png
Then you read the rest of the image and it states this.

Im really interested in see this in action. Having to drive for an hour or so for a race sounds awesome. Next week is gonna be great. Hopefully this beta plus Dark Souls 2 DLC maybe the level cap raises for Destiny Beta. I know theres others that I can't remember right now.

L.O.R.D

i signed up for the beta month ago ( in E3 )
never got any message from them
i tried several accounts,non of my friend got anything

fras

Banned
Awesome, hopefully I got in. I signed up a few days after E3 IIRC and never heard anything back. I also hope I'm in the Evolve alpha, that game looks like a ton of un.

Holly shit.

My most anticipated game of the year (probably neck to neck with Forza Horizon 2).

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 2 last generation and they were the creators of that base. I'm sure it will not disappoint.

Hope I get in.

I don't see anything wrong with this, their games have for the most part revolved around online and The Crew actually has a reason for it to be that way. It's a huge world.
What's wrong with it will be known come launch.

TDU, TDU2, Horizon, Horizon 2, Burnout Paradise, FUEL, and NFS Rivals make me wonder if it's really necessary. What does being always online allow them to do that these games don't?

Top Bottom