• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz |OT| - Miami, Hot Takes, Night Clubs, & Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Damn less than an hour till shit gets real. Hope we get Wake & Take cause Arash is locked and loaded.

20171009_081945rjqxa.png

20171009_081957lzrwd.png

And Dan still thinks he's doing everyone a favor by putting out a podcast. Mike needs to sit him down and explain how this internet thing works before he decides to sell the show on a cd at the Blockbuster check out aisle.

"Mike! 80 fewer people heard the 1-800-flowers ad this month, take us offline!" Last words, never to be heard from again.
And he continues to lie about ads in the podcast...there are ads and live reads all over it. He's so delusional sometimes.

Vanillalite

And he continues to lie about ads in the podcast...there are ads and live reads all over it. He's so delusional sometimes.

There are the live reads sure, but there are zero commercial breaks though.

I'm actually with Dan on this. He even said he personally doesn't care, but he probably knows how ESPN/Disney upper management work. Eventually someone is gonna try and monitize harder.

The problem is you can't just try and stick the full commercial breaks on the podcast as people can just skip over them. Live reads and stuff happen within the confines of the show so it's much harder to escape.

There are the live reads sure, but there are zero commercial breaks though.

I'm actually with Dan on this. He even said he personally doesn't care, but he probably knows how ESPN/Disney upper management work. Eventually someone is gonna try and monitize harder.

The problem is you can't just try and stick the full commercial breaks on the podcast as people can just skip over them. Live reads and stuff happen within the confines of the show so it's much harder to escape.
There are ads before and after the show, and the live reads in high download volume shows go for more money in the industry because they get double exposure. It's already monetized.

bchamba

One way to fix it might be to have ads you can't skip like when you watch Hulu so you can't download the podcast you'd have to stream it. Then, if you want to be able to download it or stream without ads pay for it.

Vanillalite

One way to fix it might be to have ads you can't skip like when you watch Hulu so you can't download the podcast you'd have to stream it. Then, if you want to be able to download it or stream without ads pay for it.

I'm sure all major podcast stuff would like to do that from NPR to ESPN.

That's fundamentally not how podcasts work though. That ship has sailed.

Vanillalite

Damn Vince limped in, tried to do the 8 mile thing, was reading off a piece of paper, and we'll totally bombed other than his final hypothetical.

Total one off. Arash burried him.

Vanillalite

Hate me, but I felt like the cocaine thing should have been funnier than it was on the show.

I think despite joking about the legal issues that it definitely hindered the discussion.

PRBoricua

Hate me, but I felt like the cocaine thing should have been funnier than it was on the show.

I think despite joking about the legal issues that it definitely hindered the discussion.

I agree, them having to dance around what they could/could not say wound up making it feel like the whole discussion was dragging on. I was over the whole topic by the end of the local hour.

Vanillalite

Time to see if Dan dies on the hill today or not.

I agree, them having to dance around what they could/could not say wound up making it feel like the whole discussion was dragging on. I was over the whole topic by the end of the local hour.

Guess I wasn't alone lol

Vanillalite

Cote being late and stuck in traffic is one of the most Cote things ever. I love how this is a regular occurrence now. Lol

bchamba

They just had the "Nevada model" on the local hour for an interview. I don't know how much of it will make it on the podcast after she cursed like 4 times but towards the end she said she has more pics and videos of him doing coke in Miami and London and other places. Could only half listen while I was on a meeting but she may have implied others were doing it as well.

They just had the "Nevada model" on the local hour for an interview. I don't know how much of it will make it on the podcast after she cursed like 4 times but towards the end she said she has more pics and videos of him doing coke in Miami and London and other places. Could only half listen while I was on a meeting but she may have implied others were doing it as well.

Did they pay her?

Love this show

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

This was a great interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom