• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises Unsafe (?) Hype Thread |5 Spoiled, 2 Of Them Mods!|

Status
Not open for further replies.

apana

chrisnolan-o.gif

Nolan is hyped for this thread!

Tell us how bad its going to lose to The Avengers in the boxoffice.

I dont know man, that second post credits scene they filmed for the American release of Avengers could tip the odds in it's favor.

Of course, Im just waiting for films to have 30 extra minutes of footage after and during the credits.

Solo

Damn. Highballin' that WW prediction aren't ya? $1 billion WW since it has the China factor this year, but $1.3 billion?

Solo be rollin'

Last one made a billion, and that was before the overseas market was batshit insane. I think it will get there.

Last one made a billion, and that was before the overseas market was batshit insane. I think it will get there.

Overseas was already batshit insane then. Maybe not Batmanshit insane, but it was already huge. Batman just never did as well internationally.

The China factor is the biggest wild card with this one, since TDK didn't have that.

I will say it will do over $1B, but not reach your $1.3B.

shira

I still don't see Bane looking that big and menacing like many previews said he was.
Hulk set the bar too high. If you saw a 5'9" dude with a shearling coat and a mask like that you would shit your pants if he came at you

Solo

What's up with the awful new DC logo? The one they'd been using since BB was fantastic, but they've replaced it.

Goddamn GAF hype after trailer 3 dropped compelled me to watch. Made it half-way through before I closed the window.

Subscribing to this thread, though. The build up until this damn move premieres will be epic. Thread subtitle is hilarious. Good job, OP.

dmshaposv

Callin it now - movie will be very front loaded and will only last in the top spot for max 3 weeks.

Will perform below TDK in domestic BO but overseas will be crazy. Still will easily cross 400 mill in domestic (most of it in first 3 weeks).

Will they still have that montage of old comics

Maybe. I've seen the logo on television and it shows characters in it. I mean it seems the main reason for the new logo was just so they could customize it for every occasion and that its symbolic of comics or something. I.E. The smiley face from watchmen with the blood splatter would be in the 'C' area of the logo. Of course I don't know why they couldn't do this with the last one.

Callin it now - movie will be very front loaded and will only last in the top spot for max 3 weeks.

Will perform below TDK in domestic BO but overseas will be crazy. Still will easily cross 400 mill in domestic (most of it in first 3 weeks).

Nothing has legs anymore. At least in summer.

shira

Maybe. I've seen the logo on television and it shows characters in it. I mean it seems the main reason for the new logo was just so they could customize it for every occasion and that its symbolic of comics or something. I.E. The smiley face from watchmen with the blood splatter would be in the 'C' area of the logo. Of course I don't know why they couldn't do this with the last one.
Well I know they had joker for a lot of animated movies after tdk
I would love to see Bane in there

dmshaposv

Nothing has legs anymore. At least in summer.

TDK was an event movie.

WB is trying hard to promote this as the same - but it just doesnt have the same momentum as TDK. We saw this with Harry Potter DHII last year - which did great - but somehow did less than what WB wanted.

Event movies cant be promoted - they just happen. Right timing, W.O.M, etc.

Cameron nailed it with Avatar.

Speevy

Banned
Everyone makes fun of the writing in these movies, but one of the main goals of blockbuster films is to be endlessly quoted, is it not?

Jarmel

Banned
I think the big indicator of it having legs is going to be the reviews. It's going to be frontloaded regardless but if the reviews tank then it should be interesting to see where it lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom