• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Starting Jan 28th [On Xbox One].

PreFire

Hope I get invited. Not preordering this (or anything, ever) but would love to try it out. It was one of my most anticipated games from Ubi until I saw Ghost Recon.

ViciousDS

Banned
hahaha....holy shit at that beta first on xbox....1 day. That's some real exclusivity right there, not even sure I want to download this on my Xbox if PS4 hits the day after. Can't wait to get that 1080p goodness. Game already looked great on the xbox and it can only go up from there

Put this in the OT if people want to see what its all about.

I recommend only watching a bit of it to get a feel of the gameplay.....because you all most likely will be starting from where the Alpha started. We just will have new systems to play around with and a few story missions. Also READ the quote, the story mission for saving a doctor doesn't start till after unlocking the hub.

quote to see about 50 minutes of alpha, its been re-encoded and the game does look a lot better then what I downloaded. But its probably the best quality gameplay we have had so far. Also it seems most of it is wandering and just walking around as the story mission really isn't till after he ended the video which is when you unlock the hub.

Still can't wait to wander around new york finding all the collectibles.

Theorry

hahaha....holy shit at that beta first on xbox....1 day. That's some real exclusivity right there, not even sure I want to download this on my Xbox if PS4 hits the day after. Can't wait to get that 1080p goodness. Game already looked great on the xbox and it can only go up from there

Put this in the OT if people want to see what its all about.

I recommend only watching a bit of it to get a feel of the gameplay.....because you all most likely will be starting from where the Alpha started. We just will have new systems to play around with and a few story missions. Also READ the quote, the story mission for saving a doctor doesn't start till after unlocking the hub.

Nothing is confirmed on that yet.

ViciousDS

Banned
Nothing is confirmed on that yet.

No, but the alpha was definitely below 1080p and the standard for most xbox games of this graphic detail is 900p with the PS4 being 1080p. But if they did get both versions to 1080 then I'm going to have a hard time figuring out what system to play.

Will wait and see what the main console DivisionGAF plays on. Like Destiny is mostly PS4

Also its confirmed that it will be 1080p on my PC XD

Xater

It's a stress test not a real beta. That's why it's short, to get as many people in at once as possible.

Impulsor

Nice. Played the Alpha but I really want to see how the game performs (even in the Beta) on all three platforms. I really wanna go PC since it'll likely have the best performance but all my friends are on PS4.

Ditch your friends and play with me. PC too. lol.

This is real beta, not only stress test. The alpha was the only stress test.

That Alpha test was much more likely what was scheduled to be the Xbox One exclusive beta. When they had to delay the game they knocked it all out of whack. As MS paid for exclusive beta, they chucked PS4 out of it and called it an Alpha.

To retain the façade of Xbox beta exclusivity, this one day thing has been conceived.

Angel_DvA

it's too short, I hope they reconsider it, especially the week end, I have more thing to do than no-living video games...

After watching the 50 minutes of alpha footage, I'm excited to participate in this stress test. The slow paced nature of the gameplay is a good contrast to Destiny. I'm nervous about their end game strategy; however, I don't believe I'll get to the end game for quite a while.

I'm excited that I'll hopefully be able to have an avatar that sports a beard unlike Destiny which hates facial hair.

If you already played the game and like it, kudos to you. Most of us haven't though.

Yeah, I know. I'm still not totally sold on the game, but I enjoyed the little bit of the alpha I played and I have a pre-order in (because of that Amazon 20% off thing). I just really don't like replaying the early game of RPGs.

Yoday

No, but the alpha was definitely below 1080p and the standard for most xbox games of this graphic detail is 900p with the PS4 being 1080p. But if they did get both versions to 1080 then I'm going to have a hard time figuring out what system to play.

Will wait and see what the main console DivisionGAF plays on. Like Destiny is mostly PS4

Also its confirmed that it will be 1080p on my PC XD
Most, not all. The environment in this game is massive, dense, and incredibly detailed. The only other games I can think of so far this gen with as much density and ad big of a scale are Unity and Syndicate, both of which are 900p on both systems. I always assumed it was a memory or memory bandwidth bottleneck that kept the two at resolution parity, and if that is the case it could just as easily happen with The Division as well.

Either way the game was is a visual beast even on the least common denominator, so everyone wins.

brau

Woots! i just got an email about it.

L0KAbZW.png

A 72 hour/48 hour test, damn. Ubi being stingy!

I'll give it a shot on PC but the Xbox One Alpha left me a bit dissapointed so we'll see how it all pans out.

The Division Blog ‏@TheDivisionBlog

Preload for #TheDivision Closed Beta will launch 48 hours prior to the launch of the Closed Beta trial program.

There will be no NDA requirement on the Closed Beta trial of #TheDivision. You are free to capture videos, stills, and stream.

Great news.

ViciousDS

Banned
Most, not all. The environment in this game is massive, dense, and incredibly detailed. The only other games I can think of so far this gen with as much density and ad big of a scale are Unity and Syndicate, both of which are 900p on both systems. I always assumed it was a memory or memory bandwidth bottleneck that kept the two at resolution parity, and if that is the case it could just as easily happen with The Division as well.

Either way the game was is a visual beast even on the least common denominator, so everyone wins.

syndicate and unity are 900p on the PS4 due to the CPU and AI population. There is not that much AI just out and about, it really is a barren, cold ass new york with spots where AI is. I don't see the CPU being nearly as much as in Syndicate or Unity.

Top Bottom