• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I know it's a little late, but did anyone else here make it to their Seattle show? It was a lot of fun getting to meet and hang out with the crew. Not only were they all great, but the fans were awesome as well. You can't really tell on the show but Korey is a fucking GIANT in real life. I'd definitely think twice before giving him a "fuck you".

I know it's a little late, but did anyone else here make it to their Seattle show? It was a lot of fun getting to meet and hang out with the crew. Not only were they all great, but the fans were awesome as well. You can't really tell on the show but Korey is a fucking GIANT in real life. I'd definitely think twice before giving him a "fuck you".

Did Danielle ask you to touch her boobs?

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Did Danielle ask you to touch her boobs?

No, that was news to me when they mentioned it on the show. I actually didn't see too much of Danielle, so I don't even know when that happened. Mostly I was hanging out with Korey and Martin.

Bleepey

I wouldn't say that, I've met him. He's about 6'1.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I totally disagreed with them on the Ghostbusters stuff during the movie review extravaganza. Not so much the trailer but the rumors about the third act of the film.

The rumor being that instead of the Stay Puft marshmallow man, the Ghostbusters logo comes to life and becomes a big threat. I really don't understand why that is such a big deal. They made it sound like some BvS Martha bullshit. Even without the context of the scene, if they play it as a homage to the original film it's not so ridiculous that someone might think about the logo of the company they work for. I've also heard that they base the logo off that encounter, so who knows.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Korey about to choke Goodwin with such a rating lol
"Marvel movies, this is number 4 for me."
"WHAT!!!"

"You call yourself a Marvel fan?"
"I like Marvel movies."
"You call yourself a Marvel fan?"
"I wouldn't say that."
"Then good, because you ain't one."

Fucking LOL. KC is so ridiculous, I love it.

I had just got home from seeing the movie when I saw that show so I was cheering KC on! lol

I was like, yeah tell that boy somethin'!

Glass Rebel

Newest Movie Review Extravaganza is out.

X-Men: Apocalypse Review
Civil War Spoiler Talk
Some indie movie

Their Apoc review doesn't make the movie sound that hot so far, about in-line with other reviews.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Assassin's Creed Trailer Reaction
https://youtu.be/SkOj6Akchu8

I've played the games and I honestly have to side with the non-gamers on this one. One of the dudes in the studio said it looked nothing like an Assassin's Creed game. Complete overreaction. I agree with Martin, just looks like a generic action movie.

it looks almost identical to an assassins creed game except for the snake-like animus.

looks like generic period-piece action but i'm hyped cuz of the true detective cinematographer and the cast. the stunt work on this looks great and it's good that it's so clear with minimal cuts. i'm surprised how none of the game-players there saw just how similar it all was.

Grizzlyjin

it looks almost everything like an assassins creed game except for the snake-like animus.

looks like generic period-piece action but i'm hyped cuz of the true detective cinematographer and the cast. the stunt work on this looks great and it's good that it's so clear with minimal cuts.

Yeah, when Korey G and that other dude were ranting I was like "What????" Putting aside what you think of the quality of the trailer or what the final product will be, it does look like an Assassin's Creed movie. If it was on mute and they removed the title card at the end I would know what it is. And honestly, what did people expect?

I had to agree with Korey C, that they were being that overly nitpicky nerd in the comment sections. Like complaining that the character in here didn't volunteer like Desmond. So what? It's a different character, with a different arc. It isn't an adaptation of a specific game, just a movie based off the franchise.

Assassin's Creed Trailer Reaction
https://youtu.be/SkOj6Akchu8

I've played the games and I honestly have to side with the non-gamers on this one. One of the dudes in the studio said it looked nothing like an Assassin's Creed game. Complete overreaction. I agree with Martin, just looks like a generic action movie.

This.

It's looks like an action movie with great cinematography and some not-quite-there-yet action pieces. It's got enough of the iconic AC visuals. The trailer music is subjective.

I'm 2/3 there to wanting to see it.

That second Ghostbusters trailer is a disaster. I really liked the AssCreed trailer though. Actually got chills when he jumped at the end. They nailed the movements and cinematography. I don't want or need them to get super close to the game's lore. It is adapting certain elements but also doing their own thing which is fine with me personally. And props to them for recognizing Silent Hill. I always thought that was a pretty decent video game movie. Even though it lacked the tension from the game.

Dereck

WIqo2wJ.gif

Farsi

Last night's segment about the Meth dog was hilarious.

It starts at 1 hour and 32 minutes in. I hope Korey uploads it to youtube because hearing about it on soundcloud doesn't do the segment justice.

_Isaac

So is Alice probably going to bomb? I don't think I know of anybody that knows it's coming out. I haven't seen a single trailer or TV spot. I didn't even know it was coming out already I thought it was out in a few months or something.

So is Alice probably going to bomb? I don't think I know of anybody that knows it's coming out. I haven't seen a single trailer or TV spot. I didn't even know it was coming out already I thought it was out in a few months or something.

I don't know anyone who saw the first one and it still made a shit ton of money.

Grizzlyjin

I don't know anyone who saw the first one and it still made a shit ton of money.

Same. I haven't even seen it in passing, but it made over a billion dollars. But I think The Jungle Book is going to be Disney's real success story for 2016. Critically and financially. They went in on this Alice. Korey and Martin both fell asleep. At least it's supposedly very beautiful with a lot of attention to detail.

Top Bottom