• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Wait...15 GB day one patch? They should really gives us the ability to download the fucking patch days before the game comes out

Somnia

Wait...15 GB day one patch? They should really gives us the ability to download the fucking patch days before the game comes out

Sony doesn't let you for some reason, MS did though thank god. Not that it matters right now since we broke the login servers.

edit: or they did

Hawk269

Shifted to INSTALL on X1..... its done! Firing it up!

Yup. ZOS screwed up and told people that it would only unlock at 12:01am in your time zone. I am in California and just got done linking my account. I was in the same screen as you when the game shifted to installing and now am in. I did get a Login Failed, so who knows.

None of my friends can log in on the NA version and none of the people in my elder scrolls facebook group either, guess the servers got slammed, same as EU when it first dropped.

Lexad

Now I don't feel so bad. Still have 30 minutes on the download screen left. Can you start playing with the day 1 path downloading in the background or it a big FU to start the game off? What happened to download a game partial and begin playing it. Dang it Sony

I stayed up until midnight for this?

CHB8IeuVIAANbf7.jpg:large

Now I don't feel so bad. Still have 30 minutes on the download screen left. Can you start playing with the day 1 path downloading in the background or it a big FU to start the game off? What happened to download a game partial and begin playing it. Dang it Sony

You could never play MMO's with partial downloads. At least not FF14.

Hawk269

Those of you getting the login failed, are you all on the East Coast (EST Time Zone)? I wonder if ZOS is blocking people outside of the EST since they stated a few days ago that it would be a staggered launch, so the servers don't get slammed.

What they said was 12:01est, 12:01ct then finally 12:01am Pst. Wonder if they are preventing people outside of EST from logging in?

Somnia

It's not an MMO without login failures! Welcome console gamers to what us PC players have dealt with for years haha

Jarlaxle

I'll give it 10 minutes and then I'm off to bed. I kind of just want to create my character, save, and call it a night anyway.

Kinsella

Banned
Those of you getting the login failed, are you all on the East Coast (EST Time Zone)? I wonder if ZOS is blocking people outside of the EST since they stated a few days ago that it would be a staggered launch, so the servers don't get slammed.

What they said was 12:01est, 12:01ct then finally 12:01am Pst. Wonder if they are preventing people outside of EST from logging in?

I'm east coast. Time out errors constantly.

Hawk269

Would take too long to download. Was hoping to avoid that. I'm just going to end my rant of the GB downloads now.

Is this happening only to PS4 players. All my friends on Xbox One have the full file, we are just getting login failures however.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Is this happening only to PS4 players. All my friends on Xbox One have the full file, we are just getting login failures however.
No, I'm on Xbox One, I was just planning to go pick this up at Wal Mart in a bout an hour and didn't realise that there was gigantic update for it.

Hawk269

Everything seemed to be going so well. I wasn't awake for europe. Looks like they had some issues?

I think they were planning on what they originally told the community that it would be a rolling launch, allowing people in the EST time zone to login in at 12:01am first, then having the Central time folks login when it was 12:01am for them and finally the West Coast. But it seems like we all had the game unlock at the same time and login servers are being jammed.

Top Bottom