• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Venom Fox

Banned
Another thing, I've got smithing up to 50 and am able to make any of the sets that require up to 6 traits now and have all of the basic styles too so if anyone wants one of those sets just let me know the specifics of what you need. Set, race, level, preferred traits etc. The only material I'm short of is the voidstone for the vet level +9 stuff so if you want that I'd need replacement materials.
Could you make me some good armour for lvl 16? I need better armour that I can put some stamina glyphs into.
(I feel so cheeky asking) :(

If you can my name is Leevi4Jade on PSN. Thanks.

Could you make me some good armour for lvl 16? I need better armour that I can put some stamina glyphs into.
(I feel so cheeky asking) :(

If you can my name is Leevi4Jade on PSN. Thanks.

Which set would you like? Look at this list. As I say I can do any up to 6 traits.
http://tamrieljournal.com/crafted-item-sets-eso/

Also which racial style and do you really want level 16 or level 17 to get full use out of it when you level up next.

Edit: actually 18 is the next level available not 17.

blackjaw

I can see why a Guild Trader on Daggerfall costs so much. Managed to sell my stuff in hours, paying 2k is worth it when you can sell items so easily.

I've made around 30k over the past three days....its ridiculous

Also, my werewolf bite is ready tonight (PST)....Toaster, did you get a bite yet? You were first on my list....just let me know!

Damn! My sis is watching netflix right now, my internet speed is not fast enough to allow me to play while she watches netflix, it'll be laggy. :(

It's ok if you can't right now. I'll be on for a while. Someone else wanted to run some dungeons too but they're playing Rocket League now so not sure if they still want to.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So I can get bonuses from two of the same sets?
You can get bonuses from 2 different sets. for instance, I have 4 of the 5 bonuses from ashen's grip set and all 5 bonuses from night's silence set. I don't know what class you are rolling, but for nb those sets are good. Ashen's grip 3 items bonus is an increase to weapon damage, 4th bonus is an increase to critical hit chance and with night's silence all 5 bonuses rock if you are rolling a stamina based nightblade character.

both sets easy to craft since you only need 2 traits for each armor/weapon.

So I can get bonuses from two of the same sets?

Well I could add another 4 from another set for you if you tell me what weapon and set you want. Can't do another 6 trait set though as I don't have enough research done yet. It'll have to be 4 traits or less.

Never even considered using 2 sets. Guess I'm getting dense with advanced age. I'll have to add some for myself too.

BTW I'm not going to be improving that gear much. I just don't have enough materials for that.

Edit: You can see the styles here http://eso-fashion.com/blacksmithing-by-armor-weight/
Choose a steel armor you like from any of the 8 standard races. I cant do the others yet.

Venom Fox

Banned
Well I could add another 4 from another set for you if you tell me what weapon and set you want. Can't do another 6 trait set though as I don't have enough research done yet. It'll have to be 4 traits or less.

Never even considered using 2 sets. Guess I'm getting dense with advanced age. I'll have to add some for myself too.

BTW I'm not going to be improving that gear much. I just don't have enough materials for that.

Edit: You can see the styles here http://eso-fashion.com/blacksmithing-by-armor-weight/
Choose a steel armor you like from any of the 8 standard races. I cant do the others yet.
Thanks Toytown, just pick any that would compliment the first set.
Thanks again

Thanks Toytown, just pick any that would compliment the first set.
Thanks again

You didn't pick a style so you are now a Nord. I sent 3 weapons as I didn't know what you wanted.

All of the gear is bind on equip so once your done with it you may as well just break it down for parts.

Error

leveling up Siphoning is such a crawl, I want that last skill.

so far playing with randoms I haven't seeing one good tank in group dungeons, tanks aren't just about drawing aggro away from other players (specially when this game doesn't have an AoE aggro skill) it's about controlling the field with AoE stuns or roots and disabling mobs with debuffs while buffing your party. So far I haven't seen a single tank do it well.

blackjaw

leveling up Siphoning is such a crawl, I want that last skill.

so far playing with randoms I haven't seeing one good tank in group dungeons, tanks aren't just about drawing aggro away from other players (specially when this game doesn't have an AoE aggro skill) it's about controlling the field with AoE stuns or roots and disabling mobs with debuffs while buffing your party. So far I haven't seen a single tank do it well.

Best tank I've seen was a nightblade....we rolled through four dungeons and I think had maybe one death per person total, usually something stupid like getting caught on environment or sitting in boss AOE.

Tanking in ESO is the toughest dungeon role. It takes time to learn, which can be difficult in a group of randoms. On top of that, you're not even that necessary in pre-vet dungeons.

I think there's also an adjustment period for all new players as we come to realize that ZOS has sort of reinvented the wheel here.

Another issue perhaps is that once a tank becomes good, he gets noticed by the PvE guilds.

Venom Fox

Banned
Thanks Toytown!
So how do I get the double trait bonuses? I looked online and can't find any info.
I equip one set and get the bonuses, how do I get the bonuses from the other set if I can't equip it at the same time? It's my first MMO if that's why I cannot understand?

Thanks again Toytown, your the best!

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Got this game a few weeks ago and love it. Lvl 15 now in the daggerfall covenant.

Quick question, how long does it usually take to find a group on random, trying to do the spindle clutch dungeon, and it's taking a good while to find anyone.

Just got done watching the latest ESO Live. Seasonal caps on Champion Points and the catch-up system sound great.

Quick question, how long does it usually take to find a group on random, trying to do the spindle clutch dungeon, and it's taking a good while to find anyone.

Depends on the time of day, but it's pretty bad sometimes. Hopefully alliances being able to dungeon crawl together, which is an upcoming change, will help.

blackjaw

Anyone guild members on now need a werewolf bite? Mine is ready...prefer to give to an active GAF player who will give their first bite back to the guild.

Error

Dungeon crawling today? Direfrost Keep, Tempest Island and Spindleclutch (for the undaunted pledge and the achievements)

anyone interested in a group?

Dungeon crawling today? Direfrost Keep, Tempest Island and Spindleclutch (for the undaunted pledge and the achievements)

anyone interested in a group?

I am for sure. Was finally able to make the Hunding's Rage set and I want to see what kind of damage I can do with it in a group dungeon. I'll be on in the afternoon so when you see me on just send me an invite.

PSN: Ryuk_84

Error

I am for sure. Was finally able to make the Hunding's Rage set and I want to see what kind of damage I can do with it in a group dungeon. I'll be on in the afternoon so when you see me on just send me an invite.

PSN: Ryuk_84

Sure thing. I'll go online in the afternoon.

Venom Fox

Banned
Anyone guild members on now need a werewolf bite? Mine is ready...prefer to give to an active GAF player who will give their first bite back to the guild.
If your in the EU guild then I'll take it if you don't mind?
If you are, let me know the time and place.

Error

Camouflage Hunter visual effect is glitched as fuck. Sometimes the effect doesn't go away even if the buff ran out, really damn annoying.

For Dragon Knights, Draconic Leap and Reflective Scales glitch out a lot too. It would be amusing if the wings didn't block other animations like attacking and dodging. :/

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
If your in the EU guild then I'll take it if you don't mind?
If you are, let me know the time and place.

It's not possible to bite across alliances is it? It has to be at a Vampire or Werewolf ritual site, so you would have to find someone on whatever side you are on.

Thanks Corris, this is the problem I have, whether or not to invite people because there's a lot of horror stories out there about the Guild banks being ransacked. Unless we just close bank withdrawals to new players? At least until they've proved their worth? But even then, can we trust them not to blindside us?
The bank is supposed to be used as a pot that everyone uses to help each other out, whether it's mats, weapons and armour that are no longer of use to us but will be to players of lower levels. It's meant to be a means of help to and from other guild members.
Opening up the guild could put an end to that and the bank would become a place where it's just the shit the don't want anymore, or it'll just never be used.

But then.

Opening up the guild would allow us to save up money to get a guild trader.
I'd really like to get a guild trader and that's what I think we should focus on, it's expensive like you said but it's not impossible, every penny I don't need will be going into the guild pot towards the guild trader. Having a guild trader would open us up to so many possibilities.
It'd expand the guild in terms of members and we don't know what's coming up in regards to guilds in future DLC.

Maybe we could have a vote or poll to see what options other guild members would like to see?
As we are now, every new member outside of NeoGaf pays 3000 gold to use the bank/store, we could do it in tiers? Like for instance.

Once you've been a member for 14 days you can pay 3000 for access,
Once you've been a member for 7 days pay 4000 for access,
For Immediate access = 5000,
Once you've been a member for a month or are a NeoGaf member = free.

Just a thought I had, this could put potential thieves off, extra protection agaisnst abuse, the time wait would be enough to put most people off, which by the time 14 days have passed they'd have just moved on to other, more naive guilds. Also especially at lower levels where crowns are hard to come by.
This is something that needs careful attention when trying to approach.

That's how it's laid out now in a way, Neogaf members have their own rank where the bank and store access is unlocked by default. There's a few friends of members who are placed under the lowest rank with the possibility jumping up to use the store. The problem is not having a trader to begin with means not having much sway with getting new members and players to pay, and the EU guild numbers are definitely and noticeably lower than the US side guilds. And looking at who is on and off the numbers are going down of active players, so if we are going to try and expand it will likely be with unknowns.

Error

they are taking out the WW 15% stam regen permanent boost :(, it'll only be active when you are in WW form now.

on one hand the 6 skill slots restriction seems excessive, but on the other hand it forces you to really prioritize which skills suit your build and it's probably one of the big reason why there's a lot variety for builds in the game, sometimes restriction is good.

also deathstroke morphed into soul harvest is amazing, probably the most spammable of all Ultimates, it basically becomes another attack in your skill rotation.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
they are taking out the WW 15% stam regen permanent boost :(, it'll only be active when you are in WW form now.

on one hand the 6 skill slots restriction seems excessive, but on the other hand it forces you to really prioritize which skills suit your build and it's probably one of the big reason why there's a lot variety for builds in the game, sometimes restriction is good.

also deathstroke morphed into soul harvest is amazing, probably the most spammable of all Ultimates, it basically becomes another attack in your skill rotation.

Where does it say they are taking it out and you have to be transformed? The last update I read that it only works if you have the Werewolf Ultimate slotted, not that you have to be transformed. Same for the Vampire Magic and Satmina regeneration passive, you will have to have any Vampire ability slotted to get the passive to work.

Venom Fox

Banned
It's not possible to bite across alliances is it? It has to be at a Vampire or Werewolf ritual site, so you would have to find someone on whatever side you are on.
Yeah if forgot about that, I'm AD as well which doesn't seem popular. Oh well, I'll get one eventually!

That's how it's laid out now in a way, Neogaf members have their own rank where the bank and store access is unlocked by default. There's a few friends of members who are placed under the lowest rank with the possibility jumping up to use the store. The problem is not having a trader to begin with means not having much sway with getting new members and players to pay, and the EU guild numbers are definitely and noticeably lower than the US side guilds. And looking at who is on and off the numbers are going down of active players, so if we are going to try and expand it will likely be with unknowns.
The layout I suggested was a bit more refined, but, I suppose it doesn't matter in light of what you just said about the guild trader.
I didn't put much thought into having a guild trader before expanding the guild to new players. How do you think we could solve that problem? What's the average bid for a trader? We could try and raise the cash for a bid somehow?

blackjaw

Where does it say they are taking it out and you have to be transformed? The last update I read that it only works if you have the Werewolf Ultimate slotted, not that you have to be transformed. Same for the Vampire Magic and Satmina regeneration passive, you will have to have any Vampire ability slotted to get the passive to work.

That's how I read it. No longer a passive, have to have the ultimate slotted.

Error

ohhh, well it sucks anyway because I don't use WW transformation as ultimate. Soul Harvest+Veil of Blades ftw.

Venom Fox

Banned
So, did anyone get in that trader guild from daggerfall? If so can I have an invite? We could use their trader to raise some gold for our own trader.

Error

So, did anyone get in that trader guild from daggerfall? If so can I have an invite? We could use their trader to raise some gold for our own trader.

I'll send you an invite, whats your psn id?

just found out by accident you can cancel rapid strikes last hit and follow it with a skill intermediately gonna try it with different skills but it's cool with assassination blade since it gives you hp recovery on kill.

Venom Fox

Banned
I'll send you an invite, whats your psn id?

just found out by accident you can cancel rapid strikes last hit and follow it with a skill intermediately gonna try it with different skills but it's cool with assassination blade since it gives you hp recovery on kill.
Thanks, it's Leevi4Jade.

Are an NB?

Error

Thanks, it's Leevi4Jade.

Are an NB?

Yep

edit: lol Thanatos/ryuk I saw you online was going to invite you but first I was setting up my character for dungeon crawling, when I was going to send you an invite you went offline. Oh well, next time.

Yep

edit: lol Thanatos/ryuk I saw you online was going to invite you but first I was setting up my character for dungeon crawling, when I was going to send you an invite you went offline. Oh well, next time.

I'm still on. Just logged out for a bit to get something I bought in a guild store to show up in my mail.

Error

Looks like I won't be able to get online again for today, no internet, posting this using my cellphone's data. fuck.

tomorrow I'll available, we really need a dedicated healer for these dungeons. makes them a 100% easier.

Looks like I won't be able to get online again for today, no internet, posting this using my cellphone's data. fuck.

tomorrow I'll available, we really need a dedicated healer for these dungeons. makes them a 100% easier.

Yeah would help out a lot. Direfrost Keep was pretty easy with just 2 of us but definitely need someone to heal for the Tempest Island boss.

Venom Fox

Banned
If I buy the any race any alliance upgrade, will I have to make a new character to utilise this? Or can I freely select my alliance, with the character I've already got?

If I buy the any race any alliance upgrade, will I have to make a new character to utilise this? Or can I freely select my alliance, with the character I've already got?

You can't change a character's alliance after you create it so you'll have to make a new one.

Ah thanks, that's pretty shitty.

Could you send me an invite to the trading guild that some people have joined on here?
I did ask Error but I think he forgot.

Are you on the NA or EU server? The trading guild is on the NA server so if you're on EU that might be why the invite never went through.

Error

Any gaffer that's a dedicated healer or least have some healing skills willing to help for some dungeons?

Top Bottom