• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Edwardo

Okay, got it. I won't buy any other gear from now on then lol.
I ended up crafted a pauldrons though, as I already got some iron ingot ready for creation, and it's free! Crafting seems pretty simple so far and I like it.

Ya I mean if you like crafting then you can get good items that way too. I just don't do crafting because I don't really like it.

Was this the EU or US guild? PS4 or Xbox? I have not been able to play much lately.

That is just shitty.

NA PS4

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm game for some dungeon crawling tonight. Want to do Arx Corinium and Blackheart Haven, I'm open to suggestions too.

I'm game for some dungeon crawling tonight. Want to do Arx Corinium and Blackheart Haven, I'm open to suggestions too.
I'm up for doing some. I wouldn't mind doing Volenfell, Elden Hollow, and Vaults of Madness too if possible. Last non veteran ones I need to do.

dubq

This guild/gold thing is insane. I won't say, "I can't believe this happened," because this shit happens in MMO's all the time. But I would've hoped that a GAF guild would've been less likely to fall victim to this kind of thing. =\

EDIT: Holy shit. Not at all shocked as to who it was. How in the hell was that person ever promoted to Officer??

Error

So we are looking for someone to dungeon crawl currently the group has 3, so there's room for one more. Any gaffer?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow that really sucks. I'd name and shame, but I might just being saying that because I am on the EU side and can't just check the history to see who it was. Even so, it isn't cool, and personally I would think it be better to know who we can't trust on here with things like this even if it is for other games in the future.

There are separate options for hiring a trader and taking money out of the bank in the guild rank options, you shouldn't need both to hire a trader as far as I know. I would just disable anyone but the guild master being able to take money out, there's no reason anyone should be taking gold out of the bank anyway, there's nothing else to buy but stuff for yourself.

dubq

Wow that really sucks. I'd name and shame, but I might just being saying that because I am on the EU side and can't just check the history to see who it was. Even so, it isn't cool, and personally I would think it be better to know who we can't trust on here with things like this even if it is for other games in the future.

I kind of agree. This shitbag shouldn't be able to do this and just get away unscathed by the GAF community at large.

I'm not going to apologize for my intentions. I will apologize for not thinking it through and hurting the guild. I will concede that it was stupid and shortsighted. There are only ~50 active members in the guild, we would never be able to raise the requisite gold to get a trader the normal way. We missed the boat on being big enough to be a trading guild. That gold was sitting there completely pointless. So I thought to try something different. To pay the current owner of guild to not bid on it for a week. Short story, he took the gold and ran. No one else was online at the time so I didn't think to run it by anyone else.

Gold in this game is entirely self contained. No real money can influence it at all. Believe me or not. You want to hate me and put me on your ignore lists, that's your prerogative.

I'm not going to apologize for my intentions. I will apologize for not thinking it through and I will concede that it was stupid and shortsighted. There are only ~50 active members in the guild, we would never be able to raise the requisite gold to get a trader the normal way. We missed the boat on being big enough to be a trading guild. That gold was sitting there completely pointless. So I thought to try something different. To pay the current owner of guild to not bid on it for a week. Short story, he took the gold and ran. No one else was online at the time so I didn't think to run it by anyone else.

Gold in this game is entirely self contained. No real money can influence it at all. Believe me or not. You want to hate me and put me on your ignore lists, that's your prerogative.

You seriously thought that paying off one guild to not bid would have stopped ALL the other fucking guilds from bidding as well?

Not to mention you spent all our gold and left us with nothing to bid with!

dubq

There are only ~50 active members in the guild, we would never be able to raise the requisite gold to get a trader the normal way. We missed the boat on being big enough to be a trading guild. That gold was sitting there completely pointless. So I thought to try something different. To pay the current owner of guild to not bid on it for a week. Short story, he took the gold and ran. No one else was online at the time so I didn't think to run it by anyone else.

The point of the gold "sitting there" and the number of guild members have nothing to do with this, so kindly spare us that dumbassery as any kind of excuse to justify what you did. You should have waited for others to consult this with. You are not the Guildmaster. You do not "think to try something different" without at least consulting them first.

Gold in this game is entirely self contained. No real money can influence it at all.

Again, this coming from the guy who has demonstrated many times that he has no idea how MMOs work. RMT (real money trading). Look it up.

Sorry to butt in but this is insane.

You guys are being so reasonable about this whole thing, good job. If this shit happened in any big mmo, oh boy.

Dude won't even actually apologize to you guys.

Error

we have a dungeon crawling party going, we do the daily pledges and whatever dungeon anyone within the party suggests we have one more spot for anyone that wants to join. Levels don't matter, we usually do our dungeon crawling at around 7pm est if anyone is interested in joining let me know.

we have a dungeon crawling party going, we do the daily pledges and whatever dungeon anyone within the party suggests we have one more spot for anyone that wants to join. Levels don't matter, we usually do our dungeon crawling at around 7pm est if anyone is interested in joining let me know.

Shit, if yall make some ebon heart characters im down for that.

dubq

Ebonheart here for my main. I really should spend some time on my Daggerfall character.

Ebonheart here for my main. I really should spend some time on my Daggerfall character.

Oh word??? Aight, ima have to hit you up when Im bout to do some dungeons. Im playing a templar and boy oh FUCKING boy is this class fucking awesome.

I feel like such a damn wrecking ball. I just charged into a whole group and pulled like ten enemies at my level and just roasted them down. So many AOE attacks. The self healing and shit. Man, just plowing through dudes.

Did the first few dungeons, as a healer and the healing was on point. One time me and one other guy who was paired up with got tired of waiting for more people to join the party and he sent me a message like, fuck it, gonna just give that shit a shot with the two of us. AND WE FUCKING BEAT IT. Not a single fucking death either. My heals were on fucking POINT son.

dubq

Oh word??? Aight, ima have to hit you up when Im bout to do some dungeons. Im playing a templar and boy oh FUCKING boy is this class fucking awesome.

I feel like such a damn wrecking ball. I just charged into a whole group and pulled like ten enemies at my level and just roasted them down. So many AOE attacks. The self healing and shit. Man, just plowing through dudes.

Did the first few dungeons, as a healer and the healing was on point. One time me and one other guy who was paired up with got tired of waiting for more people to join the party and he sent me a message like, fuck it, gonna just give that shit a shot with the two of us. AND WE FUCKING BEAT IT. Not a single fucking death either. My heals were on fucking POINT son.
Nice!! I'm running a Khajiit nightblade. I think I just hit 32 or 33 last night. :)

gioGAF

When any of you decide to become part of the best faction (Aldmeri Dominion of course!), hit me up. NA PS4: Akuma_818

blackjaw

I'm not going to apologize for my intentions. I will apologize for not thinking it through and hurting the guild. I will concede that it was stupid and shortsighted. There are only ~50 active members in the guild, we would never be able to raise the requisite gold to get a trader the normal way. We missed the boat on being big enough to be a trading guild. That gold was sitting there completely pointless. So I thought to try something different. To pay the current owner of guild to not bid on it for a week. Short story, he took the gold and ran. No one else was online at the time so I didn't think to run it by anyone else.

Easiest ignore yet

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

It boggles my mind that you thought it was ok to do, while I am not on the NA side I can only assume the money was in there wasn't for members to take willy nilly and do what they want other than buying a trader. Regardless of your intentions they don't even make sense, you pay someone to not buy a guild trader, where was the money going to come from the then buy that guild trader? what about every other guild bidding on them? You could have easily posted on here for advice, this forum is why the guild exists in the first place.

How did you even contact this supposed guild leader of this other guild? Guilds aren't on your profile, as far as I know there's no way to see who is in what. So either they came to you which I find incredibly unlikely, you went on a long google search to find said leader going from the guild name which is also unlikely, or you were already part of that guild to know who to contact and have now just given that other guild all the money you took.

You story doesn't make any sense what so ever, the fact that you did it and said nothing before and after, it just looks like you've taken it for your own reasons in the hope you wouldn't get caught and have some up with farfetched story to cover yourself on here. Gold might not mean anything in the real world, but what you've really taken is time other members of this forum have put into the game.

Just got on. Anyone wanna run some vet dungeons? Gotta do the daily and such. Send a message in the guild chat if anything it invite me in game.

Also, what happened sucked, whether it's true or not it happened. Were handling it pretty well. No need to go all crazy village pitch fork gathering though. I'll be putting in 20k in a moment. Thats 20% back! :)

what you've really taken is time other members of this forum have put into the game.

It does have real world value because there are people who buy and sell in game gold for money, there are even websites. For all we know we just bought this dude a MGS5 preorder, lol.

Gaz_RB

Is there a PC Elder Scrolls Online thread? Or is this for everyone?

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about when controller support for PC. I know Zeni talked about it, but I couldn't find a time table.

Edit: also, just read about the Gaffer who stole money from your guys' guild. Pretty low.

Hawk269

Is there a PC Elder Scrolls Online thread? Or is this for everyone?

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about when controller support for PC. I know Zeni talked about it, but I couldn't find a time table.

Edit: also, just read about the Gaffer who stole money from your guys' guild. Pretty low.

This is the main one. There is/was a separate PS4 and Xbox One thread, but most use this one. The PC one was very popular a year ago when the game came out and died due to issues with the game, but once it was updated it became popular again on PC, but not much presence on Gaf.

Hawk269

About the Gaf person that stole money, how did this happen? Did the GM give everyone permission or was the guild settings/access not set up properly?

Gaz_RB

This is the main one. There is/was a separate PS4 and Xbox One thread, but most use this one. The PC one was very popular a year ago when the game came out and died due to issues with the game, but once it was updated it became popular again on PC, but not much presence on Gaf.

Yeah I played in the PC beta and really hated it, but a few months ago I got invited to try it out again after it went buy to play and it really clicked. Been playiIt's still not a good Elder Scrolls game, but it's a great MMO, I hope it stays strong for a while. Looking forward to the expansions.

BTHR Zero X

BTHRZeroX EU PS4 here, Looking for funs ;)

But nah I am looking for good times, just got my DK to 31/32 on AD looking to get into Tanking

Error

We are still rolling with our Covenant characters!

Aw man, that sucks. I have no idea why its doing that. I checked to see if maybe it was to do with my privacy settings but those are legit. Hmm.
Send me a message on psn so I can add you as a friend and then send you the invite.

psn id: error2k7

I have an EP character that I used for a bit but now I just use it as a mule to store stuff. Probably won't level it up or any of my other characters till I hit VR 14 with my main.

Aight guys, tomorrow is sunday, so that manes trader bid time.

With the cash we got, we have to bid on a trader thats like, in the middle of no where or in the refuge.

Anyone got any ideas they would like to share???

Downloading updates at the moment. Hype!

Seems like my retail copy came with the explorer pack, so I can pick whatever race I want and still join the GAF Guild? Hoping there is an active one on EU side.

Top Bottom