• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Sorry for kinda double posting, but I'm about to start and it's still unclear which server / faction I should pick in order to be able to play with GAF. I'm on EU side, but US is not out of question I suppose.

Sorry for kinda double posting, but I'm about to start and it's still unclear which server / faction I should pick in order to be able to play with GAF. I'm on EU side, but US is not out of question I suppose.

NA is mostly Daggerfall and I'm pretty sure the majority of EU is Ebonheart, but I could be wrong since I'm in NA.

NA is mostly Daggerfall and I'm pretty sure the majority of EU is Ebonheart, but I could be wrong since I'm in NA.

Made a guy on Ebonheart side.

Seems fun so far. Nothing revolutionary, but an alright time waster.

That Elder Scrolls combat though. A bit of a change from Bloodborne and Witcher 3, but I'll manage.

Also the beginner zones seem way growded. Seems like the game is doing alright by player numbers.

Made a guy on Ebonheart side.

Seems fun so far. Nothing revolutionary, but an alright time waster.

That Elder Scrolls combat though. A bit of a change from Bloodborne and Witcher 3, but I'll manage.

Also the beginner zones seem way growded. Seems like the game is doing alright by player numbers.

I'm up to level 42 and have found all the zones I've been in well populated, I've had some good run throughs of the delves with other randoms it's been good, I'm on EU Ebonheart too.

So this "group" dungeon I've come across...I probably can't just head in alone, right! I have no friends that play this game :-/
Nope way too difficult. I'm sure some of us on here can help or you can always try the group finding tool although that doesnt always work too well.

Edwardo

Just deposited some stuff in the guild bank.

NA Xbox

A bunch of green and blue cooking recipies, a couple blue weapons and armor mid-30s.

Free to whoever wants em. Please use them though, no take and resell ;)

Concept17

So this "group" dungeon I've come across...I probably can't just head in alone, right! I have no friends that play this game :-/

I just avoid the public dungeons in each zone till I'm nearly done with said zone. I've been able to solo them more or less. (though I did get owned in the last one toward the end, got the achievement though)

Hey guys, what yall think about trying to get this guild trader???
11864992_155652648101833_2917723621874432017_o.jpg

11838916_155652708101827_7596171454849326551_o.jpg

I'm thinking of placing the entire amount we have on this trader. If we win, we can sell shit, if not, we still will have 50K+ to add to for the next week.

Yall have any other places you think we'd have a higher chance of winning???
With some guild dropping as high as 500k-1M, we can forget about placing bids in the cities. We gotta start aiming at the traders on the out skirts and in the refuges.

I wanna hear some opinions before I place a bid later tonight.

If were gonna go for one out in the wild may as well go for one in a higher level area. Traders in the outlaw refuges might still be a bit too expensive since they still get a decent amount of traffic due to players that go in them all the time to fence and launder stuff.

Do any PC players post here? Seems like the PC community is a lot less...lively.

Thinking about getting the game but it seemed like the community was already gone. But I guess it's just the PC version that seems dead.

Would still like to try the game out since there's no sub and I can get it for around 20 bucks. Guys think it's worth it?

Crafting system any good? Is it worth looking for mats and crafting stuff?

Does the justice system actually work well?

Are the dungeons fun to run?

Do any PC players post here? Seems like the PC community is a lot less...lively.

Thinking about getting the game but it seemed like the community was already gone. But I guess it's just the PC version that seems dead.

Would still like to try the game out since there's no sub and I can get it for around 20 bucks. Guys think it's worth it?

Crafting system any good? Is it worth looking for mats and crafting stuff?

Does the justice system actually work well?

Are the dungeons fun to run?

In fact, I am a PC player.
And yeah the PC OT is dead. I hope they'll merge the threads, as PS4 & XB1 servers aren't supporting cross-play either, right?
I guess it wouldn't harm if we post here instead if it's about the game itself, not the PC addons/configs related.

The game is worth it, especially at that price. I bought it on Steam discount last couple week for 33% off.
I've just barely started the game so I can't comment on mid-end game stuff. But crafting is great so far. It's pretty simple and well explained, there are crafting tutorial quests as well early in the game. Materials are quite easy to find as well.

Hey guys, what yall think about trying to get this guild trader???
11864992_155652648101833_2917723621874432017_o.jpg

11838916_155652708101827_7596171454849326551_o.jpg

I'm thinking of placing the entire amount we have on this trader. If we win, we can sell shit, if not, we still will have 50K+ to add to for the next week.

Yall have any other places you think we'd have a higher chance of winning???
With some guild dropping as high as 500k-1M, we can forget about placing bids in the cities. We gotta start aiming at the traders on the out skirts and in the refuges.

I wanna hear some opinions before I place a bid later tonight.

Generally you shouldn't bid until right before bidding ends. (It's what every one is going to do) if you put up the 54k now it'll probably be out bid. Unless that's just one of the ones that stays extremely low.

In fact, I am a PC player.
And yeah the PC OT is dead. I hope they'll merge the threads, as PS4 & XB1 servers aren't supporting cross-play either, right?
I guess it wouldn't harm if we post here instead if it's about the game itself, not the PC addons/configs related.

The game is worth it, especially at that price. I bought it on Steam discount last couple week for 33% off.
I've just barely started the game so I can't comment on mid-end game stuff. But crafting is great so far. It's pretty simple and well explained, there are crafting tutorial quests as well early in the game. Materials are quite easy to find as well.

Well, I was going to spend around 20 bucks on either ESO or some Hearthstone cards...Guess I'll go for ESO.

Any must know tips for a new player?

I played through the snowy island zone (the name escapes me) last night. Can't wait to get off work and continue!

Edwardo

Any must know tips for a new player?

I played through the snowy island zone (the name escapes me) last night. Can't wait to get off work and continue!

As you are leveling up, try to keep an ability from each of your skill trees on your ability bar. That was you'll be leveling up all of them instead of just one.

gossi

For the PC players (I'm one too, and created the console OT as I mostly play console version): we talked about it in the PC OT, and decided to create a separate console OT. At the time people outside GAF seemed to think the console version would be small and a failure... uh, people were wrong!

For console players - everybody gets the Imperial City patch (regardless of purchasing - you have to buy license to play) in a month. The patch is expected to around 15gb.

Velkyn

On the fence about picking this up for full price, and I missed the big Xbox sale a few weeks back. Guess I'll be waiting on another price drop.

Generally you shouldn't bid until right before bidding ends. (It's what every one is going to do) if you put up the 54k now it'll probably be out bid. Unless that's just one of the ones that stays extremely low.

Nah, it doesn't work that way. The bids are blind, meaning, no one can see what others have bidded. So it doesn't matter when you placed the bid. We won a bid by placing it days in advance.

Mossybrew

Anyone else having connection issues lately? All weekend it would randomly drop me from the server during load screens. Not all the time, just enough so I'd have to worry every time a loading screen popped up.

Anyone else had a tough time with the ESO launcher on pc? For some reason the download speeds have been incredibly slow. And of course Windows had to be a jerk and update in the middle of the night and restart itself.

Anyone else having connection issues lately? All weekend it would randomly drop me from the server during load screens. Not all the time, just enough so I'd have to worry every time a loading screen popped up.

I've seen loads of complaints about this on both XBox and PS4, i've not been on over the weekend as I was away but last week it was dropping out for me about every 30-40 minutes, according to ESO it's a problem with my router but there must be more to it than that as not every one has Virgin Media broadband, i'm going to try it tonight but i'm not hopeful of staying connected for any length of time.

Mossybrew

I seriously doubt it's my router because I've had no problems for over a month and now all of a sudden these loading screen drops.

I seriously doubt it's my router because I've had no problems for over a month and now all of a sudden these loading screen drops.

I'm of the same opinion too, I have no trouble with anything else it's just a stalling tactic on their behalf probably, it is annoying though.

Tyreny

I've run into an odd problem with logging in as well. Crashed out of the game the other day and ever since then I rarely can get past the first loading screen, the one where you pick the megaserver. Sometime though I can load to character select but if I choose the character that I was on when the crash occurred, it times out and I get a generic "Check that you have a valid internet connection" error message. What has me really confused is that I am able to log in to other characters (most of the time, sometimes I get the same error).

I sent a note to tech support and am waiting for a reply.

Im on the fence about getting this :/

I'm worried I won't like it.
\
EDIT: I pressed X.
If someone can invite me to the PS4 guild that would be wonderful :)
Canada
IceDoesntHelp

im also now experincing server issues. took me a long time to get into the game after selecting the US sever, and when im game, odds things are happening.

Things like:
-Maps taking a long time to display on screen
-abilities having lag between button press and action on screen
-game randomly freezes up when trying to travel to different places via wayshrine
-sometimes, randomly cant interact with objects like mission objective, containers
-in game loading pop in, like player skins, npcs, crafting benches taking much loading to load in game than usual.
-sometimes, the game would go back into the loading screen, after coming into a new area after its already loaded previously.
-enemies teleporting to different places, like you see them in the distance, but the next moment they appear in front of you in melee range. or vise versa.

somethings weird going on. But the most annoying thing im having is the abilities not firing off for several moments.

im also now experincing server issues. took me a long time to get into the game after selecting the US sever, and when im game, odds things are happening.

Things like:
-Maps taking a long time to display on screen
-abilities having lag between button press and action on screen
-game randomly freezes up when trying to travel to different places via wayshrine
-sometimes, randomly cant interact with objects like mission objective, containers
-in game loading pop in, like player skins, npcs, crafting benches taking much loading to load in game than usual.
-sometimes, the game would go back into the loading screen, after coming into a new area after its already loaded previously.
-enemies teleporting to different places, like you see them in the distance, but the next moment they appear in front of you in melee range. or vise versa.

somethings weird going on. But the most annoying thing im having is the abilities not firing off for several moments.

Sounds like they've cocked something up in one of the last few patches, I was getting a couple of those things and when I used my dragon ultimate it would just stay with the wings out and I couldn't use any other abilities till that fight was over,they need to get their arsed I gear and sort it out as all im reading in other places is about people all with similar issues and it's affecting ps4 and xbox.

Fedemgsuy

Enjoy it so far, it does look preety bad, but im loving the gameplay and freedom to do whatever the hell i want with my character build, so il ask again, can i get a US guild invite?, my psn id is fedeuy
Thanks!

BokehKing

Banned
I should be back on tonight, been slowly easing back into video games, been focusing on my photography and being a beach bum, I definitely have a werewolf bite ready for whomever needs it

Top Bottom