• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

Enco

I need some help guys, I tried to revert the Ugrids back to 7 using the PC performance thread method, but it seems that it can't be done that way from update 1.3 onwards, so, I ended up with a reddish logo screens and load models.

I've been reading some fixes online but they all say I need to erase the new .ini file supposedly created within my Data folder, problem is there's no .ini file in my Data folder at all.

Any advice?

You sure? For me it was an uni folder under the name of one of my mods.

Take a look at your Skyrim and prefs ini files too. There are a few lines that cause the redness although I can't remember what they are. They're in the performance thread.

You sure? For me it was an uni folder under the name of one of my mods.

Take a look at your Skyrim and prefs ini files too. There are a few lines that cause the redness although I can't remember what they are. They're in the performance thread.

Thanks for answering. I'm pretty sure it must be something in the Skyrim directory I backed up my .ini and Skyrimprefs and the game seems to still be using the reddish tint from somewhere, I'll keep looking.

Enco

Thanks for answering. I'm pretty sure it must be something in the Skyrim directory I backed up my .ini and Skyrimprefs and the game seems to still be using the reddish tint from somewhere, I'll keep looking.
It was a huge pain for me. I was up late trying to sort it out :lol

Just keep checking out all the ini files. Check the skyrim ini and the lines you're meant to delete have 'RGB' in them.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just installing r4 beta now. Amazing how much effort and work he's put in to make an AMD and Intel variant. Awesome work.

Here's a few of my latest screens... just the cream of the crop picks :)

ibdbCH05qMTWAn.jpg

ibqbLqHEqE2Zgc.jpg

ilH1lQ7Eq1i7G.jpg

ibbzT9WnzaFzGA.jpg

iblCabbDiXwZfE.jpg

So you guys think it's worth getting r4 Beta? Is it stable enough?

After that... I have a couple of mods I'd like to point out for people :)

1. Real First Person
This is cool as fuck. BF3 style first person. All it does it make the camera 3rd person but locked onto the nose of your character so you can see your legs and stuff animating while you play. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BETHESDA DID NOT DO IT LIKE THIS FOR THE FULL GAME.

2. Skyrim Easy Console Command Adder
This is kind of a cheat, but kind of not... check it out to see, if you want to build a new character from scratch but don't want to start from the very beginning and level up again? Or something like that... well this is for you. You can basically just set up all of the settings you want your character to have, it will output a text file which when in the game you just type in "bat hack" and boom everything that you defined in the console command little program is applied. Perfect tool for setting up multiples and shit like that. I started messing with it yesterday, creating other characters, it's really cool. Another option is to change the appearance of your current character so that you can have everything you've already done unlocked using 'showracemenu' but that resets your stats, but oh well, you use this to set everything again. BOOM. It's very useful great! Plus if you feel like cheating there is that too, but I don't want to cheat because I like this game being hard as fuck.

spirity

That's a good point... I think I need a new armour :/

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3896

I haven't really been impressed with many armor mods except for the higher res versions of whats in game, but this looks pretty cool. Kind of bummed that it seems to have the panties on display, which means I can't take it seriously and won't download it. Shame, because the author clearly as put a lot of work into it.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3896

I haven't really been impressed with many armor mods except for the higher res versions of whats in game, but this looks pretty cool. Kind of bummed that it seems to have the panties on display, which means I can't take it seriously and won't download it. Shame, because the author clearly as put a lot of work into it.

I'm the same way, especially when people make those skimpy/sexy versions of default armor. As soon as I start seeing the "sexy" female versions of armor mods I'm out. That's why when I did the hi-res Nightingale armor retex I kept it exactly as the old armor looked. I don't want my female characters looking like some Second Life/modded Sims sex dolls, which is what unfortunately happens with like 90% of all armor mods in TES games.

The Triss armor is right now for me the pinnacle of female armor, even though I mainly play a male character I still have it. You look like a badass and it's not a "sexy mod". I would go ahead and make custom armor for males and females myself if I didn't hate rigging so damn much. XD

1. Real First Person
This is cool as fuck. BF3 style first person. All it does it make the camera 3rd person but locked onto the nose of your character so you can see your legs and stuff animating while you play. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BETHESDA DID NOT DO IT LIKE THIS FOR THE FULL GAME.
This is one of the type of MODs im ansiously waiting. Is not worthed right now to corrupt your game with it but hopefuly they guy will continue to improve it ehrn the CK is out.

As a side note all first person games should work like this at this stage in time.
Can't wait to try it out later today. This, new drivers and new mods = awesome

First time I'm going on Skyrim in a month.
What new drivers enco?

Enco

This is one of the type of MODs im ansiously waiting. Is not worthed right now to corrupt your game with it but hopefuly they guy will continue to improve it ehrn the CK is out.

As a side note all first person games should work like this at this stage in time.

What new drivers enco?
Well they're not really new but for me they are.

The beta Nvidia drivers (290.53) that boast better AO performance and a general FPS increase.

Tried it with Skyboost and performance is pretty nice with AO at quality. I get a very smooth 45-60 FPS outside and inside. Haven't spent much time on it though. I have a load of mods so I'm happy with how it runs.

Complistic

the new skyboost is really really good. Seeing a good 5-10 fps increase in an area that was killing my performance before.

Thanks! I do rather like that Wolf Armour, i will give it a shot.

I don't like the female armors that "bulk" up the females though so hopefully that doesn't happen. Example: Dwarven.

Enco

Some shots I took. Tried ENB and it looks great in some places but too much of an FPS hit and too iffy in some places. Those shots are with the realistic nights mod.

So all of a sudden my game is CTD out of no where, I didn't change any mods or anything and whenever I try and load a save game it just crashes.

What a pain :(

I can't figure it out, besides going through and re-installing every single mod I've got (over 200) to see which one is corrupted I don't know what I'm going to do. Hot dammit so annoying, modding is good but so frustrating sometimes.
LLShC.gif
KuGsj.gif

I may have changed the order of a few mods maybe but I can't remember which ones and where they were before and why that would have affected things to cause a CTD and it's driving me INSANE now
LLShC.gif

1. Real First Person

Does this work well or is there a lot of clipping?

1. Real First Person
This is SO good, I hope it evolves into a fully playable mod. It adds so much gravitas to the game it reminds me of DM Might&Magic.

So all of a sudden my game is CTD out of no where, I didn't change any mods or anything and whenever I try and load a save game it just crashes.

What a pain :(

I can't figure it out, besides going through and re-installing every single mod I've got (over 200) to see which one is corrupted I don't know what I'm going to do. Hot dammit so annoying, modding is good but so frustrating sometimes.
LLShC.gif
KuGsj.gif

I may have changed the order of a few mods maybe but I can't remember which ones and where they were before and why that would have affected things to cause a CTD and it's driving me INSANE now
LLShC.gif

Finally figured it out, conflict of two .esp files, but I'd had both of them running before - weird as!

Uriah

1. Real First Person

2. Skyrim Easy Console Command Adder
This is kind of a cheat, but kind of not... check it out to see, if you want to build a new character from scratch but don't want to start from the very beginning and level up again? Or something like that... well this is for you. You can basically just set up all of the settings you want your character to have, it will output a text file which when in the game you just type in "bat hack" and boom everything that you defined in the console command little program is applied. Perfect tool for setting up multiples and shit like that. I started messing with it yesterday, creating other characters, it's really cool. Another option is to change the appearance of your current character so that you can have everything you've already done unlocked using 'showracemenu' but that resets your stats, but oh well, you use this to set everything again. BOOM. It's very useful great! Plus if you feel like cheating there is that too, but I don't want to cheat because I like this game being hard as fuck.

Is there a video of the real first person mod somewhere?

NBtoaster

Cool, with Skyboost v4 I get +5fps than I was getting with v3.

It didn't change my performance either.

I can only see it not giving you extra performance if you are GPU limited, or use a old processor than doesn't support SSE2 or whatever skyboost needs to function. Otherwise, are you absolutely sure the files are in the right place, and there are no conflicting mods (like tesval)? Be sure to try v4 as well, it has seperate versions for AMD and Intel CPUs.

Man I love the Nexus Mod Manager, it's made Mods no longer the 12 hour hell and getting annoyed after ten minute of play...well besides the Oblivion Pirate one.

Still I've actually been able to play the game instead of modding, and I'm loving the crap out of it. OP:Thanks for all the work organizing things!

So gaf, I need your help, I'm almost to the point where I've modded the game to my satisfaction except for one crucial point : vanity. In Morrowind and Oblivion you could hold the POV button to rotate the camera while moving and I really, really need something like that because in these games I just wanna look at my character all the damn time. Animcam won't do it for me though because I need to be able to let go of the button for a second to make a turn or something.

Haven't found anything like that yet, has anyone ?

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to lock frames to 60 FPS? Indoors i get a lot higher FPS than that wich makes my game behave weirdly - like throwing shit all over when I open doors och chests.

Hey guys, I gotta problem with the strange lighting adjustment of Skyrim. When I turn quickly from left to right or from down to up I can see the clouds brighten up which is strange. Likewise dark areas in the enviroment enlighten when I look at them for a second.

I did some research and apparently it's supposed to be some kind of feature but it's just crap. Any way to remove that?

So if you want the Eisen Armour in Steel download it HERE.

This guy has done a good mod of the Eisen called 'Busty Eisen' it gives you some options with the armour, like hip guards or not, different leg armour, and BIG TITS. Personally I'm not a fan of the huge boobs on this version, but he's planning to do a re-texture of this armour that is 'banged up and battle worn' and that has definitely got my interest.

Enco

That why I just use Xenius Character Enhancement.

I don't want anime-ish with whore makeup Dovahkiin,it's just seems wrong in the game/TES universe.
Agreed.

The Xenius pack is brilliant.

The make up, big ass, nude and anime type mods are all absolute crap in my opinion.

Can't believe I didn't notice this earlier!!

HORSE ARMOUR!

EXCITE!!!

Agreed.

The Xenius pack is brilliant.

The make up, big ass, nude and anime type mods are all absolute crap in my opinion.

I agree to an extent, however I tried to reduce the makeup on my character and I couldn't take it lol... I tried to put dirt on her face and I couldn't take that either. I might go back and do it again, but probably not, I'm pretty happy with the way she looks now, I don't think she's TOO over done with make up at least now there is texture to her face and lips, yes she has coloured lips but that's how I want it.

But I agree about the big bums and big tits, I don't particularly like them which I why I don't use the big tit or big bum mods. But there's nothing wrong with having my character being good to look at :) Different strokes I guess :)

I do for sure think that it's only for a particular type of character, I'll be doing other characters in different styles at other times.

Edit - I also just tried out this 'INSTA BATTLES' it's very cool, if you are feeling bored and feel like a challenge, try it out, it spawns a bunch of enemies around you, including the most difficult spawn, a couple of dragons and a bunch of enemies. Pretty cool fun - test your skills and your character heh :D

theskat

Banned
So all of a sudden my SkyBoost is borked, and Im back to 14-18fps in cities.... what gives.... the only thing I did was verify my local files with Steam, maybe that was the thing that f*cked up my installation? Ive uninstalled all mods, to no avail. :/

theskat

Banned
Verifying files matches it up with the download from Steam, doesn't it? I don't think you can keep Skyboost after verifying. You probably have to re-insert the files.

I already tried uninstalling the mod, and installing it manually and via Nexus Mod Manager. It will SUCK if I have to reinstall/start all over again. :(

Unicorn

Is there anyone on GAF or related I can get in touch with in regards to future mod plans?

I have an idea for a (mostly post-game) addition to the core experience to make Skyrim more believable in terms of social interaction with NPC's. Basically my idea is to create Animal Crossing within Skyrim. This would include having in-game time run off real-time (either computer's clock or otherwise) so that if it is 8 pm irl, then it is reflected in game and also that time passes even when you don't play (I assume it would have to do updates about that kind of information as you load your previous save..). But, the meat of what I want to do is conversational, relationship building, drama inducing, and hopefully experience enriching through social interaction and dialogue choices with any and all NPC's.

This would mean extensive writing to include various factors into conversations, such as the player's race, social connotations of that with other races, gender, preference to certain schools of play (magicks/warrior/thief) perhaps even more focused (alchemy, enchanting, smithing), political beliefs and standing, etc. Basically fleshing out every character within Skyrim.

I thought of this mainly because I wanted to work on my dialogue writing, social interactions, and so on. One of the first thoughts I had of this being relevant from a gameplay perspective was that I thought of a hermit under a bridge, who a player could gradually become more familiar with through continued social interaction. Each day (real time) he would talk to the player, or on bad days not want to see them, and as a potential relationship grows he could send the player on radiant quests, give valuable information about rumored treasure, or even give a prized possession of his to the player. These kinds of interactions with all sorts of characters in the game could provide valuable content to the player, perhaps even unique items or enchantments to items.

It's still in the infancy in my mind, but I would really love to do as much of the writing as possible as I know next to nothing about the technical aspects of modding. I have a lot of creative writing experience and this would be a great exercise for me in my spare time to keep me working at bettering myself.

If anyone is interested or is able to provide more information on how to go about this, please let me know. This is definitely something I want to pursue.

tl;dr:
How to make Skryim: Animal Crossing.

Top Bottom