• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

Sai

Attempted fix #1: Game freezes upon loading the Main Menu

Attempted fix #2: Quivers still won't stay in the belt-fastened position along with Equipping Overhaul. Additionally, the shield're stuck beneath the player(s).

[EDIT] - Well, I feel stupid. The problem with the shields was due to Equipping Overhaul setting them on the back by default. Unchecked that, and it's on back on my arm as I desired... Quiver's still messed up though. Starting to wonder if it's because I set the daggers to sheath on the hip as well. Don't feel like I should mess with it at this point; first time I've gotten so many mods working so well together. :p

This moddin' stuff's hard! Somebody beat it up for me! :mad:

I'm going to proceed with what I got and try not to mind this skeleton stuff for now. Everything else seems to be working just fine.

Thorgal

Question .

I am aware that there are a crapton of Female Skin textures abound in the Nexus but i was wondering what is the best skin texture for males ?

If such a thing exists of course .

Thanks for that.

I get that Wyre Bash merges mods, but doesn't MO already provide that functionality? Or does Wyre Bash pretty much streamline the whole process?

Sorry I'm so late to reply, but I think there's a difference between the two.

WryeBash makes bashed patches, which (as far as I know) simply combines the leveled list changes of all the mods.

I think actually merging mods is more complex than that.

Mesoian

Just an FYI for you NVIDIA people out there.

The thing causing the error on load for Skyrim after the new drivers dropped is GEFORCE experience 2.1.2. Don't update that and you should be fine. If you have, go back to 2.0. That being said, you can just mash okay and still get into the game.

Keep in mind, this only messes with enb users.

Just an FYI for you NVIDIA people out there.

The thing causing the error on load for Skyrim after the new drivers dropped is GEFORCE experience 2.1.2. Don't update that and you should be fine. If you have, go back to 2.0. That being said, you can just mash okay and still get into the game.

Keep in mind, this only messes with enb users.

This is a timely post. I just finished fixing my PC from some really horrible black screen issues. Turns out it was the new drivers I installed using GeForce Experience. Avoid that program like the plague.

Here's the thread about it on the Nvidia forums:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...n-issue-after-driver-update-updated-1-23-14-/

I had to boot in safe mode and completely uninstall my Nvidia drivers (using Display Driver Uninstaller), and then I installed old Nvidia drivers using the CD that came with my GPU. Reset my BIOS settings to default for good measure, and voila! Problem fixed. Sounds pretty easy, but I'm not that great with computers (this is my first PC build) so it took me many, many hours over several days to resolve.

So what did I learn from this? Only update your drivers if it's absolutely necessary.

Branson

I've done it again. Too many mods after step and now everytime vampires attack a city and they all die the game freezes. Or just randomly crashes to desktop. I want too many mods :(

lazygecko

The nVidia drivers actually fried my GPU last year. They had added some type of boosting feature to them, which would be used regardless wether your card supported it or not. My 580 didn't.

Thanks nVidia!

av2k

Ever since I got my 970s, I decided to get back on Skyrim but I have one massive issue: I'm unable to uninstall "Live another life" mod without having Skyrim crash at the beginning. Can anyone assist me with this issue?

Also glad to find other huge PC Skyrim fans here as well! :D

Mesoian

Ever since I got my 970s, I decided to get back on Skyrim but I have one massive issue: I'm unable to uninstall "Live another life" mod without having Skyrim crash at the beginning. Can anyone assist me with this issue?

Are you using LOOT? It's probably just a mod order problem.

wickfut

Banned

have you tried just loading the saved game instead of pressing continue?

Ugh, my smithing/tanning rack menu is so cluttered with all these different craftable weapons/bandoliers. I wish there was a mod to clean it all up a bit, but I can't find anything. :lol

I'm stumped. I distinctly recall being able to hear rain while indoors during previous playthroughs, but now my game doesn't do that anymore. I'm trying to think which mod could've been responsible for that, but I'm coming up empty.

Sai

I'm stumped. I distinctly recall being able to hear rain while indoors during previous playthroughs, but now my game doesn't do that anymore. I'm trying to think which mod could've been responsible for that, but I'm coming up empty.
Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2?

That's what I installed via STEP, and I'm hearing rain indoors.

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2?

That's what I installed via STEP, and I'm hearing rain indoors.

That's the thing, I was pretty sure I didn't have any specific audio overhauls installed. :lol

Gonna run through my mod list and downloaded mods, and see what's changed.

EDIT: Weird, but I can't seem to find it. Oh well, that Audio Overhaul does look interesting, gonna give it a shot. I just hope it doesn't add too much sounds that don't seem to originate from anywhere, if there's anything I hate it's mods that add sounds of people laughing or talking in taverns and then not seeing it happen. :lol

Thorgal

That's the thing, I was pretty sure I didn't have any specific audio overhauls installed. :lol

EDIT: Weird, but I can't seem to find it. Oh well, that Audio Overhaul does look interesting, gonna give it a shot. I just hope it doesn't add too much sounds that don't seem to originate from anywhere, if there's anything I hate it's mods that add sounds of people laughing or talking in taverns and then not seeing it happen. :lol

Gopher loves it . and so do i .

lazygecko

I don't think Audio Overhaul does that. You're probably thinking about Sounds of Skyrim.

I'm feeling a bit miffed with Gopher since he said he was gonna do a video on my own sound mod or at least try it out in his LP, but he keeps forgetting. Asked someone close to him to keep reminding him, but at this point I just can't be bothered to care anymore, heh.

Sai

I just hope it doesn't add too much sounds that don't seem to originate from anywhere, if there's anything I hate it's mods that add sounds of people laughing or talking in taverns and then not seeing it happen. :lol
So far, I haven't experienced any of that. I think, depending on where you go, you'll hear noise 'n clatter immediately outside of the taverns. Pretty sure that was the case for the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, but don't recall hearing any of that from the inns at smaller places like Morthal and Ivarstead. Having both Interesting & Inconsequential NPCs installed helps to supplement that.

Speaking of Interesting NPCs, I was expecting something a little more natural from the voiceovers. I guess I went in thinking that before being amateurs, they were fans, and would have a better sense of how to more naturally convey what they were reading... I was naive. :p

Some of them did a really splendid job though. All around, I've been very impressed with the effort that's gone into it thus far.

Another mod that adds rain sounds indoors is Splash of Rain.

I have a question for those of you who have (and mod) several Bethesda games.

I got Fallout New Vegas and I'm getting ready for my first playthrough. I was excited to find out that there is a S.T.E.P. guide for New Vegas so I'm gonna follow that. The author was kind enough to mention that if you use Mod Organizer for another game (Skyrim in my case), you need to use multiple installs if you use it for other games — i.e., For Skyrim, I installed MO into my Steam Skyrim folder; for New Vegas, a separate MO will be installed in my Steam New Vegas folder. Simple enough.

But what about LOOT? I have LOOT installed in my Skyrim folder. For my New Vegas Mod Organizer, I have to add the executables like WryeFlash, FNVEdit, and LOOT. Since LOOT is installed in my Skyrim folder, will it cause problems if I try to use it for New Vegas from there? I don't know how LOOT works, so I don't know if I'm supposed to do a separate install for New Vegas like I did for Mod Organizer.

Drazgul

But what about LOOT? I have LOOT installed in my Skyrim folder. For my New Vegas Mod Organizer, I have to add the executables like WryeFlash, FNVEdit, and LOOT. Since LOOT is installed in my Skyrim folder, will it cause problems if I try to use it for New Vegas from there? I don't know how LOOT works, so I don't know if I'm supposed to do a separate install for New Vegas like I did for Mod Organizer.

I'm pretty sure just running it from where you've installed it now shouldn't cause any issues, when you run the executables within MO it has to do its virtual folder voodoo in any case. Haven't had to do that myself, so just give it a try, the worst that can happen is it'll fail and won't sort your mods.

I'm pretty sure just running it from where you've installed it now shouldn't cause any issues, when you run the executables within MO it has to do its virtual folder voodoo in any case. Haven't had to do that myself, so just give it a try, the worst that can happen is it'll fail and won't sort your mods.

Reporting back. I added LOOT from the Skyrim folder and when I opened it through my New Vegas Mod Organizer it was giving me the Skyrim modlist. So I did a new LOOT download and installed it into my New Vegas folder... and it still only gave me Skyrim's modlist! So I wasn't able to get it to work. Thankfully Mod Organizer has a built-in sort button that uses LOOT and that works fine for New Vegas. But for now I can't figure out how to make the LOOT executable work separately for Skyrim and New Vegas. I'll report back if I figure it out. I did a Google search and apparently nobody else has ever had this issue.

*EDIT: I figured it out. When you open LOOT, just click on the "Game" tab and you can switch between Skyrim and Fallout.

MattyG

Banned
I have three quick questions for you guys. 1) Does anyone know why this dotted/grid-like pattern is showing up everywhere? Is it the textures or my ENB or a setting I fucked up or something?
4A43DDD676463107C4657C0C80F27F212BDCBD06

2)I went overboard when I first modded the game a few months ago and installed graphics mods (mostly textures I think) that are too demanding for my card (a 760 2GB). I only get 30FPS most of the time, and I ran Afterburner while I was playing yesterday and it was at 100% GPU usage almost the whole time I was playing. I'm fairly new to PC gaming, so I need someone to tell me, is that bad? Could it harm my card if I kept playing like that?

and 3) If I wanted to uninstall my graphics mods and install less taxing ones, do I just uninstall from Nexus? I believe they overwrote files and stuff when they were installing, so will I have to do a fresh install to get them back or will they replace themselves?

Thorgal

I have three quick questions for you guys. 1) Does anyone know why this dotted/grid-like pattern is showing up everywhere? Is it the textures or my ENB or a setting I fucked up or something?

2)I went overboard when I first modded the game a few months ago and installed graphics mods (mostly textures I think) that are too demanding for my card (a 760 2GB). I only get 30FPS most of the time, and I ran Afterburner while I was playing yesterday and it was at 100% GPU usage almost the whole time I was playing. I'm fairly new to PC gaming, so I need someone to tell me, is that bad? Could it harm my card if I kept playing like that?

and 3) If I wanted to uninstall my graphics mods and install less taxing ones, do I just uninstall from Nexus? I believe they overwrote files and stuff when they were installing, so will I have to do a fresh install to get them back or will they replace themselves?

1 ) not sure , but you can disable the ENB ingame with ctrl+F12.
If the rasters still persists it is not the ENB's fault .

2) as long as your temps stay within normal boundaries it should not be a problem .

3)
If you uninstall the texture mod and install the less taxing one it will overwrite the other textures that you used to overwrite the primary one if they change the same texture .

So if you want to keep it looking the same as now , i would recommend uninstalling the the other texture mods you used .

Then install the less taxing version and then re install the other textures and let it overwrite .

Hope this was helpful .

Mudo

My new Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 vid card is coming tomorrow so I'm pondering re-installing Skyrim and playing the mod game. I've got a core i7 3960x 3.3 CPU and wondering if I'll be able to do a lot of the modding involving high res textures and such? I've never done those before as my old card couldn't handle it at ALL

Thorgal

My new Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 vid card is coming tomorrow so I'm pondering re-installing Skyrim and playing the mod game. I've got a core i7 3960x 3.3 CPU and wondering if I'll be able to do a lot of the modding involving high res textures and such? I've never done those before as my old card couldn't handle it at ALL

your 970 comes with 4GB ram so Yes it can handle those no problem .

But as a general setup , always go for 1K or 2K textures for exteriors and higher res textures 4k or higher for interiors .

Otherwise even that 4GB will quickly fill up and cause stuttering and CTD's..

Mudo

your 970 comes with 4GB ram so Yes it can handle those no problem .

But as a general setup , always go for 1K or 2K textures for exteriors and higher res textures 4k or higher for interiors .

Otherwise even that 4GB will quickly fill up and cause stuttering and CTD's..

Perfect - that makes sense but I hadn't thought of it. I think I'm gonna try it again just to see what I can get out of it this time!

MattyG

Banned
1 ) not sure , but you can disable the ENB ingame with ctrl+F12.
If the rasters still persists it is not the ENB's fault .

2) as long as your temps stay within normal boundaries it should not be a problem .

3)
If you uninstall the texture mod and install the less taxing one it will overwrite the other textures that you used to overwrite the primary one if they change the same texture .

So if you want to keep it looking the same as now , i would recommend uninstalling the the other texture mods you used .

Then install the less taxing version and then re install the other textures and let it overwrite .

Hope this was helpful .
It was very helpful, thank you!

Anyone know of a large player home that is single celled? One pet peeve I got is that people create awesome homes but because they put stuff in different cells your companions wont really walk around the home, they just stick to the one cell you assigned as their home.

Anyone know of a large player home that is single celled? One pet peeve I got is that people create awesome homes but because they put stuff in different cells your companions wont really walk around the home, they just stick to the one cell you assigned as their home.
Luxury Suite
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427/?

I'm sure there are others, but this one has some nice features. Like inviting npc's in to the suite and other neat stuff.

Dragon Cliff Manor is one of my favorites.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39018/?

It might be a bit too spacious for your companions to completely wander around though.

tatsuki

Would anyone be able to tell me how to get dimonized unp working with ygnord? I imagine I have to copy paste files to the ygnord folder? I just don't know which files.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to get dimonized unp working with ygnord? I imagine I have to copy paste files to the ygnord folder? I just don't know which files.

Replace the female body meshes in YgNord with the Dimonized UNP. And then install the textures for Dimonized UNP normally.

Also if any of you guys haven't done so, download Wheels of Lull right now. Legitimately the best Skyrim quest mod with a load of amazing dungeons and is actually completely lore friendly.

Mesoian

Replace the female body meshes in YgNord with the Dimonized UNP. And then install the textures for Dimonized UNP normally.

Also if any of you guys haven't done so, download Wheels of Lull right now. Legitimately the best Skyrim quest mod with a load of amazing dungeons and is actually completely lore friendly.

Is it as....annoying...as Mzark was?

I liked everything made for Mzark, I didn't like Mzark at all though.

Is it as....annoying...as Mzark was?

I liked everything made for Mzark, I didn't like Mzark at all though.

Never played Mzark but the dungeons felt more like something out of Zelda and Dark Souls.

Just want to say it always makes me happy to see people still creating, and enjoying content for games like Skyrim.

Man, I love my Elder Scrolls. Sometimes I day-dream seriously about trading in my consoles, getting a gaming pc and exclusively modding and playing Oblivion or Skyrim for the rest of my days.

My family would never see me again.

I might actually do it one day.

Unless you're going to load up on ENBs and HD textures, you really don't need a really good rig.

And it's definitely still looking pretty good on the horizon with total conversions like Enderal going out.

spirity

dammit, reinstalling this game.

:/

Yep, I screwed something up earlier today. Game won't start. I was thinking about a fresh playthrough anyway, so this is as good a point as any.

Haven't used an ENB before though, and I'd like to. Got some researching ahead.

Sai

Is there no way to designate, or at least shuffle the location of some of these radiant quests via the console?

Thorgal

Is there no way to designate, or at least shuffle the location of some of these radiant quests via the console?

I don't think so ,why? does it keep picking the same location .

IIRC i think it always chooses or at least prioritizes locations that you have not discovered yet .

Sai

I don't think so ,why? does it keep picking the same location .

IIRC i think it always chooses or at least prioritizes locations that you have not discovered yet .
I'm just being picky about going to certain locations before the things I encounter there are properly introduced. Like, being told to go seek out a word of power at Shearpoint, and encountering Krosis before the Siege on the Dragon Cult quest. Or, being told to clear out that Falmer-infested cave northeast of Whiterun for your first job there, long before they're introduced in in Elder Knowledge.

I'm just weird like that. :I

IllumiNate

Is the original post still up to date? I'm about to start playing for the first time and would like to download the best mods possible for my first time through.

Woorloog

Banned
Is the original post still up to date? I'm about to start playing for the first time and would like to download the best mods possible for my first time through.

Mod scene changes constantly. EDIT oh and if you look at the edit tags of the OP posts, they're from 2012. So no, not up to date at all.
And there are not "the best mods possible", because they're highly subjective things.

So, you want a modded Skyrim. What do you want to mod?
"Better" gameplay? More races? Better graphics? More quests? What?

Mesoian

I'd say the top 20 on the nexus is still iron clad. But you should still work with the S.T.E.P guide to have a really sold core game, then build on top of that.

Sai

Disabled this mod in MO because it had too many issues, and now the Thieves Guild is all screwed up; missing objects.

How do I go about rectifying this?

Top Bottom