• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atruvius

This year's most awaited game. Shame it releases on friday. Bloody posts game will never arrive on release day and post doesn't run on weekends.

What kind of classes are you guys gonna pick for your first run. I make a classic heavy-armor-and-sword-knight, like always. There's just something glamorous about beating thing to death with swords.

JeTmAn81

The Lamonster said:
You guys might appreciate that I'm celebrating my anniversary with my lady tonight instead of next Friday so I can play Skyrim next Friday.

Oh man, my 1 year wedding anniversary is two days before Ultimate MVC3 comes out. I've got that whole week off...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Harry-Partridge-Skyrim.png

Who can put a Skyrim helmet on my avatar?

x-Lundz-x

Wow, one hell of an OT. GAF never disappoints!

Thank you OP. Cannot wait for this to come out, ready to lose a few hours of my life to this on my vacation in a few weeks.

Wallach

Jonsoncao said:
Is there any dictionary for the dragon language?

Dictionary, no. We have an alphabet but it's impossible to know if that is actually complete. Some words are translated obviously (Dohvakiin : dragonborn), but in Draconic that word is only seven characters long. I'm hoping the language is more fully detailed in Skyrim, and given the theme I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere.

Hixx

I don't get the system requirements.

Minimum graphics card is a GTX260 or 4890 but recommended is just any DirectX 9.0c compliant card?

Nice OT, can't wait to get my hands on this - hopefully I won't be waiting too long, as my PS3 copy was shipped yesterday ^_^

And on that note, hope the PS3 version runs better than Fallout 3 did/does.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I wonder how much money Skyrim is going to end up costing me. Let's see what I've done so far because of hype:

- Xbox 360 CE version (via Amazon Prime)
- PC version pre-ordered (via Steam)
- CE guide book
- XBL Dragonborn avatar plus little dragon pet
- XBL premium theme
- 4-CD OST pre-ordered

Then you can lump in the DLC, plus the hit to my free time... yikes.

I ordered this...I hope it actually has an interesting narrative and characters, unlike Oblivion. At the very least, the world looks far less boring

Leunam

Lyphen said:
What do you mean?

If you're talking about the island, that's Vvardenfell, the area you play in Morrowind.

Ah, says in the OP in the bit about the Dark Elves.

Wait, Vvanderfell was destroyed?

GreekWolf

Awesome job, Blue Ninja.
emoticon_thumbsup.gif

By far my most anticipated game of the year, and possibly the generation. A new Elder Scrolls release is like Christmas morning for me.

I think you have some stuff in the Minimum and Recommended System Requirements screwed up... video card, processor - seems off.

Anyways, can't wait for this game - first game I've preordered this year.

Seth C

Great thread. It's almost here, finally. I've tried to forgot it existed ever since sitting in on the demo at E3.

Let it be said this OT was born in an hour of broken glass and bitten fingernails: a mere two minutes before I wanted to put it up, I was still waiting for Nick Breckon to PM me the dragonified title and a boatload of glasses fell down from one of our closets and broke into a million pieces.

I hope this means it's destined for greatness.

The Lamonster said:
What is Het Kos Dovah?
Hic Sunt Dracones.

ReaperXL7

Fantastic OP my friend .

All aboard the Hype train, next stop Skyrim! Absolutely cannot wait to get lost in this, my Argonian is going to be quite the badass, and it's going to be so sad when my wife gets eaten by a dragon.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Leunam said:

I don't think it's been destroyed, or at least, I haven't heard about it. I just thought the Argonians invaded and kicked the Dunmer out after Red Mountain erupted.

JoeBoy101

Do you know the ancient Nord word for war?

Season Unending.

Let's do this.

Fantastic OP. Not too indulgent. Good primer of info.

The Chef

Nice OP! As of right now all I can think about is Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. I am gitty with anticipation.

Im planning on being my usual character of being stealthy, not much magic, great with a sword and bow. What race should I do?

The Chef said:
Nice OP! As of right now all I can think about is Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. I am gitty with anticipation.

Im planning on being my usual character of being stealthy, not much magic, great with a sword and bow. What race should I do?

Guess you could go Bosmer. Although it doesn't really matter, pick a race you like the looks of.

So have they said anything regarding the Dark Elf's voice? Is it the original, gruff Morrowind voice, or the Wood Elf voice from Oblivion?

Wallach

Lyphen said:
I don't think it's been destroyed, or at least, I haven't heard about it. I just thought the Argonians invaded and kicked the Dunmer out after Red Mountain erupted.

Vvardenfell gets fucked when the Red Mountain erupts in the early years of the Fourth Era.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Fantastic OT Blue Ninja, not PR-y and with useful information, such as tamriel background etc. Will read later when I have more time, since I have to go right now.

Wanace

Wooooo!!! Less than a week, so pumped!

Cool OP! Great work, can't wait to delve in and see what other people are experiencing as we play.

Leunam said:

Vvardenfell was destroyed when the Ministry of Truth crashed into Vivec. Red Mountain erupted and rained ashes all over Morrowind. Then the Argonians invaded, set the land on fire and drove the Dunmer to Solstheim and Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom