• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chairhome said:
She would overwrite your autosaves. It'll keep the latest three autosaves, just be VERY CAREFUL if you try to save over an old save. best to just make new ones everytime.

It's really frustrating that Bethesda didn't implement different save profiles for each character.

mileS

I don't mind the random dragon attacks at any other city but there's just something about when it happens to Riverwood (the first town you get to) No matter how fast I manage to kill him he will ALWAYS kill a named NPC. I reloaded a save 2-3 times and every time the fucking blacksmith managed to die from about one breath attack... I could deal with somebody else but having the only blacksmith in town dead for the rest of the game is something I don't want.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Chairhome said:
She would overwrite your autosaves. It'll keep the latest three autosaves, just be VERY CAREFUL if you try to save over an old save. best to just make new ones everytime.
Oh yeah that's what it would be. Just make sure you make an actual save when you finish playing.

legbone

yodathesoda said:
I saw a bunch of purple flowers outside the office today and almost instinctively grabed them out of the ground and put them in my pocket.

Also found out after about 10 hours that there is a sprint button.

better than the urge to eat them. i have eaten everything i can get my hands on in skyrim. mmmm, troll fat.

Kyuur

Is there any advantage to staying neutral (non stormcloak, non imperial) in this game? It's own set of quests? I sure hope so because so far I'm hating both factions and would rather slaughter the leaders of both!

Jokab

Chairhome said:
For me, if I tab out, I click on elder scrolls and it'll try to jump back to the game but won't. So I tab to another application, then back to elder scrolls and its fine. Could be different for me though, i guess.
Yeah that's what I do too. However sometimes when I do the second tabbing the game just closes, without any error message. I click it in the bottom bar, then it disappears.

Kyuur said:
Is there any advantage to staying neutral (non stormcloak, non imperial) in this game? It's own set of quests? I sure hope so because so far I'm hating both factions and would rather slaughter the leaders of both!
No, if you plan to persue the main quest, you have to choose. Not only is there no reward for neutrality, their is no neutrality option, period, save simply abstaining from the main quest.

Esch

Banned
gblues said:
They should've made an achievement out of keeping Lydia alive through the end of the game. Of course, I'm cheating by not taking her anywhere and letting her guard my house in Whiterun.
When exactly does the game 'end'?

:X

Salaadin

Blue Ninja said:
It is.

Don't these people know who I am? I'm the goddamn Dovahkiin.

I hate that fucking guard that always says "Oh well maybe Im the Dragonborn and just dont know it yet!" whenever I walk by. Fuck off!

I think next time Im going to shout in his face just to prove my point.

MrBig

I don't even know who lydia is. I hired some companion and immediately sent him (mercutio?) away after my first dungeon with him. Terribly forced his way into my fights and destroyed any sense of strategy.

Lakitu

st5fu
Man, I have been staring at the aurora near Riften for the last 5 minutes. It's so beautiful, it's so nice to see it change and develop as time goes by.

Paznos

I was playing earlier this morning and dropped some armor on the ground, one of the NPC's in the village I was in asked if I meant to drop it and if I didn't want it if he could have it! I thought that was pretty cool.

Lakitu said:
Did I just bypass a part of
A Night to Remember? I spoke to Ysolda in Whiterun who said I was supposed to be getting married with someone. So she asked me to fetch the ring from Witchmist Grove. I went there, a nasty Hargraven named Moira told me that we were going to consumate our love. I had to kill her and take back the wedding ring. I did all this without seeking out Sam in Rorikstead because I haven't been there yet. It says I have spoken to Sam but I assume when I speak to Sam there will be more to add to the quest such as fixing the staff?
Just keep going, you'll find Sam. Ysolda should've said something about where you're supposed to go next.

Babalu.

How does this game stack up on the 360? Are features missing or graphics pretty poor compared to PC?

I have an OK computer, radeon 4890. Will I be able to run it well?

But i'de rather get it on 360 so I can lay down on the couch and play on my 65" plasma.

Are there any big drawbacks to the 360 version?

And i've never played an oblivion game but I should be alright right.

And is there any online to this, like co-op or team up at all?

I didn't follow anything about this game at all but recently saw some videos of dragons flying around fighting mamoths and giants and it looked awesome.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Deified Data said:
No, if you plan to persue the main quest, you have to choose. Not only is there no reward for neutrality, their is no neutrality option, period, save simply abstaining from the main quest.

I think that's what I'll do with my mage character. Then I'll start with some meathead and will play the game to completion while my mage will complete only mods and DLC.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Babalu. said:
How does this game stack up on the 360? Are features missing or graphics pretty poor compared to PC?

But i'de rather get it on 360 so I can lay down on the couch and play on my 65" plasma.

I didn't follow anything about this game at all but recently saw some videos of dragons flying around fighting mamoths and giants and it looked awesome.

360 version works great. I've had no issues. Game is very pretty even on consoles.

Gravijah

26ish hours & a 6.3 meg save file and i'm starting to feel the framerate issues on ps3. :'(

i guess i shouldn't expect a patch to fix this, right?

Babalu. said:

360 version is awesome! (running off the disk) I hit one dungeon that had a lot of water flowing out of the walls and the framerate tanked hard.

other then that its been really amazing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Blue Ninja said:
It is.

Don't these people know who I am? I'm the goddamn Dovahkiin.

Was Dovahkiin specifically the Dragonborn, or all humans? Was Jorre Humans?

Still, The top of the Mountain scene was cool.

Gravijah said:
26ish hours & a 6.3 meg save file and i'm starting to feel the framerate issues on ps3. :'(

Sitting on 8.4 meg save files. It's had chugging issues for awhile, though the various options to turn off on the XMB has helped some. But if I play for a few hours, it gets progressively worse.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Gravijah said:

you should

Is there a way to get a better "familiar"? The spirit wolf from conjuration? I really like the idea of it as a companion, but 1 minute and him being weak makes me sad. I don't know much about the magic system at all though--but I'm not super interested in the later conjuration spells.

Chairhome

Babalu. said:

What processor do you have? I have a phenom II x4 OC'd to 3.4ghz and a 4870. Game runs very smooth and looks great. I'm using a 360 controller to play.

Lonestar said:
Was Dovahkiin specifically the Dragonborn, or all humans? Was Jorre Humans?

Still, The top of the Mountain scene was cool.
Dovahkiin literally means "Dragonborn".

Come on, guys, twelve more posts!

GhaleonEB

Blue Ninja said:
Fuck 'em all. I haven't had any companions so far, except for
Barbas
and he doesn't really count.
I just leave them all behind. In Fallout 3 I would murder potential companions on sight, but since Skyrim has a crime system I resist. I am considering starting to recruit them, leading them to the woods and then forcing an accident. Perhaps shooting them off a cliff, Adording Fan-style.

I am amazed how different my 2 characters play and experience the world.

level 10 Mage
level 10 Ranger (dual wield and archery)

some quests obviously overlap but its been very different so far.

Amazing!

scy

SnakeswithLasers said:
Is there a way to get a better "familiar"? The spirit wolf from conjuration? I really like the idea of it as a companion, but 1 minute and him being weak makes me sad. I don't know much about the magic system at all though--but I'm not super interested in the later conjuration spells.

You should have access to the Flame Atronach too, just go buy the spell (the Jarl's Wizard at Whiterun should have it). That said, it's still a rather short term duration and you won't get anything much better without investing in Conjuration some.

Babalu.

Chairhome said:
What processor do you have? I have a phenom II x4 OC'd to 3.4ghz and a 4870. Game runs very smooth and looks great. I'm using a 360 controller to play.

I have the

phenom II x4 3ghz black edition i think with a 4890.

but i keep my pc gaming for fps rts and stuff like that where the mouse is a big factor and I can jump on for short bursts of good gaming.

rpg's or just long story games in general I like to sit back and relax on the couch and big screen if I can.

thanks for all the other answers, i think i'll pick up this for 360.

does anyone know if there will be any black friday sales on this or a sale soon?

and did I miss out on any preorder bonuses that are really good or important?

Babalu. said:
I have the

phenom II x4 3ghz black edition i think with a 4890.

but i keep my pc gaming for fps rts and stuff like that where the mouse is a big factor.

rpg's or just long story games in general I like to sit back and relax on the couch and big screen if I can.

thanks for all the other answers, i think i'll pick up this for 360.

does anyone know if there will be any black friday sales on this or a sale soon?

and did I miss out on any preorder bonuses that are really good or important?

I don't believe there was any pre-order bonuses. All the first run copies came with a premium map.

bengraven

Confidence Man said:
I was stuck on the Riften one for a while until I bumped into an Argonian in the dock area with a skooma problem. Help her out then try talking to the Jarl.

Oh wow, I never even saw that person. I knew I should have checked out the docks around the wall.

I'm actually finding quests in some of the strangest places...and I love that.

So I just received an email, tomorrow at work there will be a dessert contest where all the profits go to families in need for the holidays. Now here's the kicker... at that event will be auctioned a special item that has been named, I kid you not, this is word-for-word, "Beautiful Plate of Exotic Woods".

I was talking about it with my other Skyrim-obsessed colleague who is playing as a Khajit thief, and we decided that we totally need to steal that item tomorrow.

scy said:
You should have access to the Flame Atronach too, just go buy the spell (the Jarl's Wizard at Whiterun should have it). That said, it's still a rather short term duration and you won't get anything much better without investing in Conjuration some.
I want a wolf though. He looks better, and he's probably more difficult to accidentally hit with arrows since he's short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom