• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah that tabbing back from another tab works. Weird bug. Is it Windows problem or the result of a shitty port?

3chopl0x said:
Yeah I've managed to kill 3 companions so far by accident, I think it's either because of bleeding damage from my axe or from the absorb health enchant.
Not companions but major quest NPCs... I couldn't kill the Jarl for example

Echoplx

Trojita said:
Yeah that tabbing back from another tab works. Weird bug. Is it Windows problem or the result of a shitty port?

Seems like a problem with gamebryo that they decided not to fix when renaming it to creation engine.

xxczx

At about 50 hours, level 30, I'm starting to feel the effects of the framerate slowdown, especially in and around Whiterun. Does anyone have suggestions for working around this on the PS3? Perhaps reinstalling the game data?

Kinitari said:
I have accidentally killed Lydia a few times by hitting her

Accidentally, huh?

military-domestic-violence.jpg

bengraven

What the fuck.

I need another house, but none of the Jarl's are offering it to me, NOR any sidequests to prove myselves to them. I would prefer Proudspire in Solitude, but I also want the house in Rifton.

MrBig

bengraven said:
What the fuck.

I need another house, but none of the Jarl's are offering it to me, NOR any sidequests to prove myselves to them. I would prefer Proudspire in Solitude, but I also want the house in Rifton.
You always talk to the stewards, not the Jarl.

Realyn

Are you looking for a name for the next thread?

I´ll show you to your room
or
Looking to protect yourself, or deal some damage?

BITCH I know where my room is, every inn looks the same and no, I just want YOU to buy MY crap.

//rage

Realyn said:
Are you looking for a name for the next thread?

I´ll show you to your room
or
Looking to protect yourself, or deal some damage?

BITCH I know where my room is, every inn looks the same and no, I just want YOU to buy MY crap.

//rage

"You're someone that gets things done. I like that."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Next title nees to be about Lydia. The amount of complaining about her sends me into fits of laughter every single time. I'm afraid to even use her now with all the complaints about how annoying she can be.

bengraven said:
What the fuck.

I was stuck on the Riften one for a while until I bumped into an Argonian in the dock area with a skooma problem. Help her out then try talking to the Jarl.

Realyn

Kave_Man said:
Next title nees to be about Lydia. The amount of complaining about her sends me into fits of laughter every single time. I'm afraid to even use her now with all the complaints about how annoying she can be.
Well everybody gets her killed at some point, so ... its your turn.

Ferrio

Banned
My latest lydia death was her fighting a giant. Giant about to die, giant goes down on one knee as I let an arrow fly.... arrow lands right into lydia's forehead.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| We Ambidextrous, we beat our scrolls with both hands

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Wizards that step to me and get a lightning slug

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| U think this is a game dragon?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have lost 3 companions. Lydia lasted awhile...the other two died the first dungeon I went in. Poor bastards.

I'm with Mjoll now. Let's see if she lives longer!

UNCyrus

Ferrio said:
My latest lydia death was her fighting a giant. Giant about to die, giant goes down on one knee as I let an arrow fly.... arrow lands right into lydia's forehead.

Bitch should have ducked.

scy said:
They're invincible to all forms of direct and indirect damage when kneeling from enemies. Exceptions being Lingering Damage effects on them prior to them kneeling and any damage you do. I spent a good hour or so having Lydia take nothing but Dragon breaths to the face when kneeling to no effect but later tests with poisoned weapons (e.g., Falmers), however, ticked away even after she kneels until she died.

Literally no direct attacks (targeted spells, melee attacks, whatever) or indirect attacks (area of effect from spells, persistent effects like the Spell Cloaks) will harm them from an enemy source. Any ally source will hurt them, however, and any Lingering Damage effect will continue to persist even in their otherwise godlike immunity kneel.
Hasn't been my experience, I've had a companion die from a direct attack while knelt. Unless there was some secret poison on their blades that I didn't know about lol.

angelfly

Hawkian said:
How do you recharge enchanted weapons, I'm not sure I get it.
You need to have filled soul gems them just go to the weapon in the item menu and press the charge button (rb on 360) then select which gem to use.

Doctor_20 said:
Screw companions. I just leave Lydia in my house to hold my smithing stuff. She only gets to leave the house when I grind smithing.
Fuck 'em all. I haven't had any companions so far, except for
Barbas
and he doesn't really count.

Well now my mage basically casts destruction magic for free now that I've enchanted my gear properly. But I miss the look of using robes, a mage wearing dragon scale armor doesn't look right. On the other hand, having a decent armor rating does mean I don't die quite as easily.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Basileus777 said:
Well now my mage basically casts destruction magic for free now that I've enchanted my gear properly. But I miss the look of using robes, a mage wearing dragon scale armor doesn't look right.

if I wasn't a stealthy mage I would do the same.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Houston3000 said:
I was just messing around the other night after saving, decided to just start killing everyone. Basically dropped Frenzy bombs all over Dragonsreach and had a massive brawl. I noticed that none of the main quest NPCs would die though - very similar to companions they would just kneel for a little while and stand back up. If I administer an arrow with lingering poison though can I kill them? Simply curious :)
The first ever non-hostile NPC I tried to kill wasn't killable. I was super bummed. It was
the douchebag rich prison owner in Markarth
. I haven't played much of the main quest, so I'm assuming he'll come into play eventually.

Jin

Dark Brotherhood question:

If my horse (Shadowmere?) dies can I get it back somehow or is it permanent?

Hadoken said:
Dark Brotherhood question:

If my horse (Shadowmere?) dies can I get it back somehow or is it permanent?

I'm pretty sure it (and the horse Frost) is immortal. I've seen it tank a dragon and not die.

subversus said:
if I wasn't a stealthy mage I would do the same.

It's light armor, so it's not too bad. Cast muffle and you're good.

aasoncott

Yager said:
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim |OT2| You are tearing me apart Lydia.

x1000000

Unrelated: playing on PC, is it possible to have multiple characters at the same time? My wife has been eyeing the game, but if she starts a new game it overwrites my progress, right? Or at least my autosaves.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
aasoncott said:
x1000000

Unrelated: playing on PC, is it possible to have multiple characters at the same time? My wife has been eyeing the game, but if she starts a new game it overwrites my progress, right? Or at least my autosaves.
Her saves (the most recent ones) would just appear above yours.

gblues

Banned
They should've made an achievement out of keeping Lydia alive through the end of the game. Of course, I'm cheating by not taking her anywhere and letting her guard my house in Whiterun.

Chairhome

aasoncott said:
x1000000

She would overwrite your autosaves. It'll keep the latest three autosaves, just be VERY CAREFUL if you try to save over an old save. best to just make new ones everytime.

I saw a bunch of purple flowers outside the office today and almost instinctively grabed them out of the ground and put them in my pocket.

Also found out after about 10 hours that there is a sprint button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom