• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ced

My lizard really wants to poke Astrid (Dark Brotherhood). Have to make sure he keeps his dagger sheathed at all times.

Acidote

I just did the
Red Eagle quest. Tough boss. Pretty nice sword as reward. I also found Meridia's Light in the chest and a new quest started.

q_q

Philthy said:
I don't bother, they are more of a headache than helpful. I left her corpse at the bottom of a dungeon. Between the poor pathing, using bows at close range instead of a sword, standing behind pillars, having to kite enemies over to them for them to basically do anything..

One of the few terrible things about Skyrim. Pets and helpers just blow ass unless you're willing to deal with the quirks.
Yeah I dont fuck around with that shit either. Lydia just chills in my house with my wifey all day. Companions sucked in oblivion and theyre not much better here. My stealthy play style always gets interrupted when people im with charge ahead into a room and give us away anyways.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
styl3s said:
You must of had some magical problem because FO3 was infested this and numerous other problems, they might of fixed them before you played it but it was terrible when it launched.
yes, I played it patched, 1.5 month after release.

bunbun777

Worst thing about Lydia is she always reminds me that she is sworn to carry my burdens. I think we both know by now she is going to have to carry my dragon bones. If she disappears she always shows up again, but be careful with giving her magic staffs. She fireballed my ice atronach and got him to fight her, then proceeded to cut me down after the summoned monster was done away with. "Well that settles that" indeed.

It is all worth it to hear her yell "Slay the dragon!" though.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Philthy said:
I don't bother, they are more of a headache than helpful. I left her corpse at the bottom of a dungeon. Between the poor pathing, using bows at close range instead of a sword, standing behind pillars, having to kite enemies over to them for them to basically do anything..

One of the few terrible things about Skyrim. Pets and helpers just blow ass unless you're willing to deal with the quirks.

Companions are wonderful. I stealthed through whole dungeons with Lydia. She saved my ass a lot of times.

webrunner

DoctorWho said:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Winter is Coming

Winner.

I agree, but I'd like to throw a few out there:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Wait.. I know you.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Officjarl Thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Shout it Out

Riposte

ced said:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| We're too busy playing it to talk about it.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| That old cliche forum counterargument, really?

What guilds/faction lock each other out?

chemicals

Ferrio said:
So what is the lore behind giants being able to catapult bodies into the air? Seems like a really big bug to have missed... so it must be official lore.

This happened to me two or three times yesterday. (Baby you're a fiiiiiiiiiyyyyyerrr wooooooorrrrrrrrk!)

So, I just beat the game. I think.

So I travelled to Sovngarde and took down Alduin, had a chat with the dragons at the peak.

I know the games always continue on but it felt a little bit anticlimactic. At least give me a hero's welcome or something.

Now the question is, keep playing on Xbox 360, or get started on Uncharted 3 and save the other stuff for a later playthrough on PC...

Philthy

subversus said:
Companions are wonderful. I stealthed through whole dungeons with Lydia. She saved my ass a lot of times.

It would be sort of amazing if companions had random AI between games. Mine was never like this. If there was a trap, she would be the first to let the entire dungeon know about it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Who..............Are..................You.

I've made too many characters.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So my soul siphon doesn't seem to work? My offhand is depleted of charges, but whenever I kill something, it doesn't 'glow' like it's supposed to. Whassup with that?

webrunner

Kinitari said:
So my soul siphon doesn't seem to work? My offhand is depleted of charges, but whenever I kill something, it doesn't 'glow' like it's supposed to. Whassup with that?

It syphons into a soul gem, which can be used to recharge your weapon.

scy

Chairhome said:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Giant Airlines - Now Boarding

Reminds me that once during my testing of how companion death works that I got a Giant to launch Lydia airborne. Never saw her land after 5 minutes so I reloaded. I kind of wish I had kept going just to see if she ever came down. Or, god forbid, managed to survive it somehow.

scy said:
Reminds me that once during my testing of how companion death works that I got a Giant to launch Lydia airborne. Never saw her land after 5 minutes so I reloaded. I kind of wish I had kept going just to see if she ever came down. Or, god forbid, managed to survive it somehow.

Companions are invincible unless they become decapitated or die by a DOT effect I think, so yeah, she would just walk it off like a champ

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
narcosis219 said:
Companions are invincible unless they become decapitated or die by a DOT effect I think, so yeah, she would just walk it off like a champ

I think if they're down, and YOU attack them, they die too. Cause I have accidentally killed Lydia a few times by hitting her with a shout when she was down.

Edit: On my soul siphon problem...

Do effects like that only work on NEW weapons you create? Similar to the other enchanting bonus stuff? I just assumed soul siphon was something that was applied to me, not to my weapon - but if it only happens to new weapons I make

A) Makes sense why it isn't working and

B) Aw balls. I made that Elven mace like... 10minutes before I got soul siphon :(

Jokab

God damn all these crashes. I swear every fifth time I tab out of the game I get a crash. Never again will I tab out without quick saving first.

scy

narcosis219 said:

The only thing I'm uncertain of is how she'd treat falling damage; they can't be overkilled by an attack since their invincible kneel kicks in when they hit low so I assume that she'd treat it the same way. But, it's also an environmental hazard sort of thing so I wasn't sure if it would have been just treated as death ala critical hit decaps.

Also, you can kill the shit out your own companions. Unfortunately. Makes my Lydia kind of a liability currently until I get her a full suit of resistance equipment. Once I ever get a Resist Magicka Enchant.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Last night I reached level 9 with my Nord warrior (named Thor, complete with hammer) and, holy shit the difficulty level ramped up like crazy. I was supposed to retrieve some kind of artifact for a priestess, so when I reach the destination, I'm jumped by these witches. After I dispatch them, some harpy creature blasts me with fireballs. I must have died at least 15 times before I beat her. I remember Oblivion had similar level scaling problems as well. I really hope this isn't the case with Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom