• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
3chopl0x said:
Here in Australia it's just under 2 days.

iby1TD5sxCtxvG.png

Perhaps that is why it will cost 1000 dollars /hyperbole, just in case

Epyon MX said:
Any tips for an Elder Scrolls newb on playing a bow and arrow focused character? Strategies, recommended race, perks, etc.

In these open world RPGs I always play sword and magic. Thought I'd try something new.

Ranged combat has apparently been largely redone. That being said just go w/ whatever race you think has the best abilities (they still have these right?), not bonus because stat wise everything washes out to even in the end, but the racial bonuses remain

Solo

Epyon MX said:
Any tips for an Elder Scrolls newb on playing a bow and arrow focused character? Strategies, recommended race, perks, etc.

In these open world RPGs I always play sword and magic. Thought I'd try something new.

1. Get bow
2. Aim bow
3. Fire bow
4. Profit

:p

Its really easy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Epyon MX said:

You can basically just do whatever you want... starting race isn't like some rigid thing... you can mold them however you wish. The only difference are the beginning racial perks. So, whatever sounds best to you, and whatever race fits the character you'd like to play is really all that matters.

spekkeh

Banned
Pretty weird there's a review embargo now that most shops here already sell the game. Thought the beginning of the game wasn't too strong. You can see they wanted to go for the epic dramatic beginning, but all the weak animations and stuttering transitions made it unintentionally hilarious. Also,

Is it true that the choice of guy you have to follow right at the beginning is a choice between rebellion/king? Or otherwise why am I suddenly killing the people I was just riding in with? Talk about an incredibly bad signposted event

Solo

spekkeh said:
You can see they wanted to go for the epic dramatic beginning, but all the weak animations and stuttering transitions made it unintentionally hilarious.

A BETHESDA GAME

spekkeh said:
Is it true that the choice of guy you have to follow right at the beginning is a choice between rebellion/king? Or otherwise why am I suddenly killing the people I was just riding in with? Talk about an incredibly bad signposted event

Yeah, it was a bit random the way they throw out that question to you right at the start, when you don't really know what's going on - it doesn't really affect the game though, as you don't choose sides until you properly join either the Imperials or Stormcloaks factions

Sysgen

JonStark said:
Store called, got the game, requires steam, can't install without it... :(

WHAT'S ON THE DISK THEN ?

The game. Install it from the disk. Do not choose to delete local content when activating.

PONGSTAR

Banned
ksimm said:
From Prima

This guide is also available as an iBook for the iPhone and iPad. An iPad map app will be available after launch.

Link

I'm going to cave in and get the paperback, as I've given up hope of stock of the CE in the UK. :( Wish I'd have bloody ordered sooner!
It sounds like the app is only the map though. Unless I missed something...

Solo

Zeliard said:
Solol if you're gonna go with a rotten human you should pick Nord for the home base advantage.

No, I will be imperial scum. What race are you rolling? I will kill every one of them in my game :p

ckohler

In Oblivion I went full 100% mage and by the end was a total badass. I enchanted all my clothes to boost my mana to crazy levels. I had custom made spells such as "Touch of Death" which when combined with "Weakness to Death" was a one hit kill on almost every creature in the game... and had the side benefit of making me 100% invisible after every cast.

Do you guys think such things will be possible in Skyrim as well? I don't even remember hearing about spell crafting being mentioned.

Arcipello

Kinan said:
I hope that we will be able to get at least ipad map app separately.

oh that would be great, would be nice to have an app that tracks your progress and quests and is in sync with your game:)

Zeliard

Solo said:
Dead. All of them. I will pile their bodies on top of the highest mountain.

Rumor has it there's nothing to really do on top of the highest mountain so its purpose may be as a dwelling for dead Imperial bodies. I'm gonna drop them off there with my dragon mount.

Solo

Zeliard said:
Rumor has it there's nothing to really do on top of the highest mountain so its purpose may be as a dwelling for dead Imperial bodies. I'm gonna drop them off there with my dragon mount.

Racial genocide war of 2011 is a go!

Hex

Banned
ksimm said:
From Prima

This guide is also available as an iBook for the iPhone and iPad. An iPad map app will be available after launch.

Link

I'm going to cave in and get the paperback, as I've given up hope of stock of the CE in the UK. :( Wish I'd have bloody ordered sooner!

Have they ever heard of Android?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
nastynate409 said:
How come it's always the most awful players who get these games first? Guy can't even pick a novice lock in the video i'm watching, lol.

that and he doesnt look around or loot anything, kills a friendly... and replaces guard boots with fur boots... dude is just mashing the gamepad while playing :s

Esch

Banned
Honestly im okay with spellcrafting being out now that the game has what seems to be a lot of diversity in spells as far as appearance and effects go.

Emitan

Hex said:
Have they ever heard of Android?
It's strange that devs always pass over Android. You'd think they'd want a presence on the most popular phone OS. It's like making an OSX exclusive game, why would you do that?

Zeliard

Micromegas said:
This game couldn't possibly still have terrible animation and an impossibly bad third-person camera, could it?

Third-person's been improved over the disturbing debug-mode-like versions that came before, but it's probably not something you'll really want to play in much. Still just something you'll want to enter in to look at your character's sexeh gear.

Solo

Wallach said:
Please do, my Breton will appreciate all the corpses available to use as servants. Imperials may prove useful yet!

After I kill every Dunmer, my blade will be turned on Bretons!

Esch

Banned
Derrick01 said:

This dual spell thing better lead to a lot of cool combinations then.
Sadly you can't combine two different spells as stated in this topic... Wouldn't be a bad idea for a mod though.

Imperials are so BORING. They're the TES series player character choice for the guy that likes vanilla ice cream.

I'm going with a Nord. Tough choice between that and an Imperial, but Nord won out on me for now.

Character creator's really good, you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom