• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

VALKYRAY

Banned
Just keep in mind that the more you try to break the game the more you risk losing some of the fun in it.

there's no such thing as breaking the game if you play as a mage, as is no damage amplifier for magic, fortify magic only reduceS the magica cost. I'm having a lot of fun with my level 81 tank mage.
I'm playing on master difficulty btw.

okay. screw it. im gonna try playing this game again. with a new character this time. imperial that specializes in magic, heavy armor and one handed weapons. :|

again, where do you guys get your awesome gears? im not talkin about the daedric armor and stuff like that. just.. nice armor received from loot/enemies and such.

LogicStep

okay. screw it. im gonna try playing this game again. with a new character this time. imperial that specializes in magic, heavy armor and one handed weapons. :|

again, where do you guys get your awesome gears? im not talkin about the daedric armor and stuff like that. just.. nice armor received from loot/enemies and such.

From what I gather it seems to be random, so... :(

Seanspeed

Banned
i seriously wanna get back to skyrim.. but all this enchanting and smithing is making my head hurt. :( my weapons and armor look like poo poo compared to the ones i see here. :\

where do you guys get your loot? :|

and seriously, is there any video for smithing or enchanting for noobs? :(

I've had a ton of fun without doing much smithing or enchanting. You dont need super-crazy equipment to get by.

VALKYRAY

Banned
daedric armor is really hard to find, like one in a thausand at max level. even if you do find one it probably has a lame enchantment, that's why you need to put a point into daedric smithing and creat your own daedric armor and enchant according to your own flavor.

:(

I've had a ton of fun without doing much smithing or enchanting. You dont need super-crazy equipment to get by.

i know. its just that my dude looks so horrible. :( im tempted to just use my current guy (left him at lvl.13), and do the smithing hack till i can at least get the elven armor. after that, ill be content. would i be too overpowered tho?

LogicStep

Just wondering, why is the daedric armor being mentioned instead of dragon? Wouldn't making dragon armor be the best choice?

Edit: nvm got past it

VALKYRAY

Banned
dragonplate armor is weaker than daedric armor. however dragonscale armor is the best light armor in the game.
there are no dragon weapons in the game, but daedric weapons are the best in every weapon classes.
i put a point into dragon just because I think dragonplate armor set looks really cool.

Volimar

dragonplate armor is weaker than daedric armor. however dragonscale armor is the best light armor in the game.
there are no dragon weapons in the game, but daedric weapons are the best in every weapon classes.
i put a point into dragon just because I think dragonplate armor set looks really cool.

There are some amazing weapon mods out there. I would really hope that some of them, or some new weapons at all, make it to consoles.

Erasus

:(

i know. its just that my dude looks so horrible. :( im tempted to just use my current guy (left him at lvl.13), and do the smithing hack till i can at least get the elven armor. after that, ill be content. would i be too overpowered tho?

If you are doing a mage, then do the collage of winterhold questline. You get some good gear from it

Ricker

Hrothgar is a big place, they could be in the yard meditating, they could be in their bed sleeping, the could be sitting in the conference hall. did you check these places?

if you are on PC, bring up the console and type: player.goto 886B3
this should teleport you next to Master Arngeir. if he's not next to you I guess the game glitched on you and you are SOL.

Thanks,I will try that later today...

panty

Okay so I managed to delete my +100h save and I decided to start Skyrim again from the beginning. I have always played on the hardest difficulty and now when I started I can't beat anyone.

Playing on PC and I just noticed the enemies/monsters have regenerating health. Has this always been like this? This is SHIT. I'm seriously considering stopping the game because of that. I'm certain this wasn't the case when I first started my playthrough when Skyrim came out.

Fuck this.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay so I managed to delete my +100h save and I decided to start Skyrim again from the beginning. I have always played on the hardest difficulty and now when I started I can't beat anyone.

Playing on PC and I just noticed the enemies/monsters have regenerating health. Has this always been like this? This is SHIT. I'm seriously considering stopping the game because of that. I'm certain this wasn't the case when I first started my playthrough when Skyrim came out.

Fuck this.

Uh yeah. They regen HP. You have to either kill them faster, or stop them from regening. Since you're playing on the hardest difficulty you're going to want to craft some stuff to help yourself out.

Fire is one way to help yourself out. Per the wiki: "When enemies are on fire, they take extra damage from other weapons, which makes flames a good spell to wield alongside a one-handed weapon."

Also, enemies that are weak to fire won't regen HP when you use fire on them.

Yaska

So, was doing a quest which required me to tail a npc and kill him. I was this close of killing him, when a freaking dragon jumped from the sky and ate him. Sure quest updated, but my expression on my face was something like O_O. It stole mah kill :(

LogicStep

So, was doing a quest which required me to tail a npc and kill him. I was this close of killing him, when a freaking dragon jumped from the sky and ate him. Sure quest updated, but my expression on my face was something like O_O. It stole mah kill :(

wtf lmao I can imagine your expression when that happened. That's pretty damn epic lol didn't know that could happen.

1stStrike

Banned
wtf lmao I can imagine your expression when that happened. That's pretty damn epic lol didn't know that could happen.

Dragons can appear anywhere at any time. I quick traveled to a city once and a dragon flew overhead... and then a second one appeared a minute later, and I had to fight both of them at the same time while all the guards in the city were shooting arrows and shit. It was a pretty epic fight, especially since I had the mod that boosts how powerful they are.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Should have recorded it and share with us

panty

Uh yeah. They regen HP. You have to either kill them faster, or stop them from regening. Since you're playing on the hardest difficulty you're going to want to craft some stuff to help yourself out.

Fire is one way to help yourself out. Per the wiki: "When enemies are on fire, they take extra damage from other weapons, which makes flames a good spell to wield alongside a one-handed weapon."

Also, enemies that are weak to fire won't regen HP when you use fire on them.

I guess you missed the point. The game was hard on my first playthrough but not this hard. In short, did they add health regen for monsters because Trolls and Deadlords or whatever are hard as hell now. Trolls regen health immediately and I swear it wasn't like this at launch. I'm level 11 and have the best equip available at this time.

Is there a mod to remove that stupid health regen from monsters?

1stStrike

Banned
I guess you missed the point. The game was hard on my first playthrough but not this hard. In short, did they add health regen for monsters because Trolls and Deadlords or whatever are hard as hell now. Trolls regen health immediately and I swear it wasn't like this at launch. I'm level 11 and have the best equip available at this time.

I guess you just suck at the game. Don't blame the game for your lack of skill.

GhaleonEB

Trolls have always regenerated health immediately. Some other enemies can heal themselves.

Mxrz

I stumbled onto the fortify restoration-alchemy thing in game. I messed around with enchanting Aela's gear and yeah that is just game breaking. I enchanted my own gear under normal circumstances and I'm thinking that might be game breaking as well. Maybe they should have included hardcaps on more than just armor/damage reduction.

+40% One-hand damage caused my daderic sword to jump to 140'ish dmg. (max 1h, perks too). Worried that is a bit too high. On the other hand, it is tempting to make a rocket-launcher of a bow for those dragons that refuse to f'ing land.

Sblargh

Banned
Game breaking or not, I love the crafting system SO MUCH in this game. Maybe there are some combinations out there that are too powerful, but the core system is probably the best I ever seen. Simple, effective, not too grindy. I love it.

LogicStep

Game breaking or not, I love the crafting system SO MUCH in this game. Maybe there are some combinations out there that are too powerful, but the core system is probably the best I ever seen. Simple, effective, not too grindy. I love it.

Well leveling the skills like blacksmithing is kinda grindy, at least it feels that way to me. :(

VALKYRAY

Banned
I guess you just suck at the game. Don't blame the game for your lack of skill.
that's a bit harsh.
on Master difficulty, I couldnt complete The House of Horrors untill I put some points into armsman in one-handed skill tree. without armsman, no matter how hard i swing, I did no damage at all, that old guy just keep on regening.

2AdEPT

nope. I smithed myself a light dragon armour and improved it to legendary.....but i know I found Lydia's ebony mail armour somewhere at the end of a quest...likely either main quest line, daedric shrine quest, or mask of labyrinthian spin-off. Pretty sure it was in a chest after killing ...checks wiki......ok it was the
boethia
quest:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/coolest-skyrim-suit/1271818?page=2

2AdEPT

Well leveling the skills like blacksmithing is kinda grindy, at least it feels that way to me. :(

yeah it can be ....but maxing potions and enchanted gear plus don't forget TRAINING makes what little effort you put into it pay off greater than in past games so to me it feels more smooth. Trying to improve mercantile in Oblivion was shittty as hell as I remember selling 300 arrows to vendors one.....arrrow......at......a......time.

also valk's post above about the headgear glitch (plus the fact you can wear mask plus helm if done in the right order apparently when I thought you could not) makes you able to enchant smithing and alchemy gear which boosts the benefit, which in turn makes better enchantments, etc, etc. etc. It really goes faster than you think as long as you max the benefits.

Be mindful of the time limits....30 seconds in 30 seconds whether you freeze the screen with a menu or not for enchanting and smithing....but I think potions stop with menus?

1stStrike

Banned
"ooh, STORM shout. This looks cool"
*kills Lydia*

Always leave your follower in a safe place before trying out new abilities :p

I did that with the master fire spell. "Well, it probably won't hurt allies, since that would be dumb because it's AOE."

*Lydia dies*

"God damn it"

Boss Man

I don't know if this is documented or not, but I've found that you're able to mine 3 ores from a vein instead of 2 if you pop up the favorites menu for a second after each ore.

VALKYRAY

Banned
mind......... o-fish..ially....... BLOWN.

I hate grinding....but all i have left for a 100 in each of the three key skills (smithing, enchanting, alchemy) is 2 or 3 levels of alchemy....will definitely use the mask/helm glitch for those precious three levels!

masks are already enchanted.
I use a circlet and a Falmer Helmet, you dont need to worry about the order n stuff, just equip them two straight up.

Mxrz

Not sure who I want to support in the civil war. I really dislike the Thalmor and
the files found in the Thalmor embassy make it sound as if Ulfric stormcloak is working with them
. But the new Emperor sounds like a dick too. Need a personal glory option!

Volimar

Not sure who I want to support in the civil war. I really dislike the Thalmor and
the files found in the Thalmor embassy make it sound as if Ulfric stormcloak is working with them
. But the new Emperor sounds like a dick too. Need a personal glory option!

It could be that Ulric was using the Thalmor to help him get into position to fight. He has no love for the elves.

I thought it would be pretty sweet if the Stormcloaks won and then forged an alliance with the Redguards of Hammerfell. Together they could give the Thalmor a real run for their money. Especially if the Dragonborn can help...

zaxon

I don't know if this is documented or not, but I've found that you're able to mine 3 ores from a vein instead of 2 if you pop up the favorites menu for a second after each ore.

It's always three, actually. I noticed the same thing if you stop and restart in the middle of mining, but it's just a bug with the "Recieved [item]" messages only showing up 2 out of 3 times.

Leucrota

So I have not updated this game yet. I was wondering if the game is now more stable fully updated than it is out of the box. Went back to college and could not keep up with the whole low-FPS dilemma. Any advice?

Gaaraz

Would you guys say this game has much replay value?

The Storm Cloaks seem like a generally xenophobic, unlikable bunch so I'm not sure how appealing it is to go down that path, and would probably side with the Imperials anyway.

Similarly the character race I've chosen doesn't seem to have much impact? Maybe it's because I stupidly chose to play as a (very ugly) Wood Elf (with a terrible name, why can't I change these things? agh!) but I don't find the race specific stuff to really effect the gameplay that much, nor the storyline.

Cheers

Top Bottom