• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition has gone gold; PC specs

liquidtmd

Banned
Why?

Why not let us choose a language to install upon initial disc-entry/download?

This is fucking bullshit. 13GB for something that is entirely irrelevant to me to which the US don't have to do.

You cannot tell me it's not possible to give us Europeans a choice

13GB is nearly three times the size of the entire original 360 Skyrim FFS

Tarahiro

I'm happy it's gone gold :)

I know it's out soon....but the gold announcement actually makes it feel like it's out soon... If that makes any sense.

I'll be playing this on Xbox One so I'm assuming the mod situation is the same as F4 because nobody has said otherwise... So i am hoping for someone to mod some cool new armour or something...

But I have friends who will be on the ps4 version. What things would no external assets affect? I assume new quests are ok as long as they use existing stuff but what about let's say a mod for marrying a usually unmarryable character (example Serana) would that be doable?

Tovarisc

Afaik the SKSE team have confirmed they're going to update for SSE. Don't know if that means existing SKSE mods will work though.

Gopher made video about this soon after SSE was announced and he talked to people who are maintaining SKSE. According them at best case it will take just days to bring over, but most likely we are talking weeks if not months. Considering such estimates for SKSE to coming over to SSE I imagine quite a bit has to be rewritten and changed, so existing mods with SKSE dependencies wont work without some updating.

DOWN

Banned
So mods can do stuff like mess with Health and speed and item weight and such on PS4 now? Because that's exactly the type of mods I was interested in testing. I generally don't go for changes to the visuals...

nataku

So... mods are allowed as long modders create PS4 specific mods or versions of their mods? Well that is kinda fucked up and I kinda can't see a lot modders going for that extra work.

Yeah. No one is going to bother going through their old mods just to update all their assets so PS4 users can use them. That's an insane requirement.

It'd kind of work with FO4 because that thing is relatively new, but unless modders can nearly straight port their old mods to the SE there is no way it'll get good support.

maybe it has those same light shafts from fallout 4 that ran really bad, and they are just covering their asses by giving it about the same requirements of F4 just for that one effect if people decide to max it.

You can easily run god rays on ultra in FO4 is you type "gr grid 8" into the console. This brings the performance cost down to the low setting but looks ten times better.

I got boned (glitched out of) halfway through a later side quest and never came back to the game. Kiiiinda interested to pick it up on one of the new consoles. Not 60 dollars interested, tho.

I hope you plan on buying the XBOX or PC version then because the PS4 version won't get the Unofficial Patch and will stay buggy for all eternity.

jrush64

Banned
If you have the base game and DLC, yes.

I believe so. Specifically the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim + Add-Ons BUNDLE.

I can still buy the legendary edition. IT's cheaper than the bundle on Steam. I know Legendary Edition has been removed from Steam though

Unai

I hope SkyUI is ported fast.

Gopher made video about this soon after SSE was announced and he talked to people who are maintaining SKSE. According them at best case it will take just days to bring over, but most likely we are talking weeks if not months. Considering such estimates for SKSE to coming over to SSE I imagine quite a bit has to be rewritten and changed, so existing mods with SKSE dependencies wont work without some updating.

Didn't maker of SkyUI leave modding scene? Besides it requires SKSE if I remember right so it can't come over before SKSE is remade.

Damn! Well, I need to finish Enderal either way.

kris.

Banned
neat! pumped to jump back in. it's fucking rad that they're giving it away for people that already own the game and dlc.

cackhyena

You can easily run god rays on ultra in FO4 is you type "gr grid 8" into the console. This brings the performance cost down to the low setting but looks ten times better.

I hope you plan on buying the XBOX or PC version then because the PS4 version won't get the Unofficial Patch and will stay buggy for all eternity.
I would get it on xb1.

Lucreto

Might get it again but I will wait and see how are the loading times on the PS4 version. I don't want to spend another 200 hours setting stuck on load screens for entering a town and again to enter your house.

rubes7844

Banned

Wat? Explain

I remember how hyped I was when this was announced with mod support. As a ps4 only owner this gen, I am super fucking biter at this whole fucking situation.

God I loved this game and would have killed to play it again with all the tweaks and additions I got to only read/watch videos about.

Top Bottom