• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S2| You guys look like shit - Wednesdays on Syfy

Geist-

XhWx7Eo.gif
Time for best girl Bobbie to make her debut. Can't wait.

Zaphod

I enjoyed the first season, although I had to use subtitles at night to avoid waking up my girlfriend. I'm glad to hear they're fixing the audio. Hopefully they'll reduce the use of airlocks as a plot device while they are at it.

Great show with quality world-building and fun characters. The mystery held my attention throughout. Never read the books but I'm kinda glad since I can approach this fresh and without expectations. Definitely fills the sci-fi void left after BSG concluded and probably the best Sci-fi network series I've seen from them since (still gotta see 12 monkeys though).

That one sudden decapitation was the first big "oh shit!" Moment for me.

DrSlek

Judging from the trailers for S2, I have a suspicion they will combine
the Thoth base and Io base assaults
in the show. I think it would be fairly easy to do.

lt519

you should really, really, really, really watch Deep Blue Sea

Searching for a cure to Alzheimer's disease a group of scientists on an isolated research facility become the bait as a trio of intelligent sharks fight back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCs2slK8GkY

Haha I was just digging through his IMDB, loved him in Hung and The Punisher but couldn't remember him in anything else. Deep Blue Sea is a guilty pleasure of mine. Apparently he was also in a movie called Buttwhistle. If that's not rock bottom then I don't know what is.

That one sudden decapitation was the first big "oh shit!" Moment for me.

That was so gnarly, the way his blood was kinda floating/seeping out...

suzu

I enjoyed the first season, although I had to use subtitles at night to avoid waking up my girlfriend. I'm glad to hear they're fixing the audio. Hopefully they'll reduce the use of airlocks as a plot device while they are at it.

Hey, throwing people out of airlocks is a long-standing tradition of sci-fi. :p

DrSlek

Judging by the later books, I'm guessing not.

The show is absolutely gorgeous in 4k on amazon streaming, hopefully some day they release 4k UHDs. Its a real pleasure doing a rewatch of season 1, I forgot all the small things like the sex in zero G in episode 1 or all the great scenes Miller has on Ceres.

lt519

Did not know it was streaming in 4K on Amazon.

I'm actually wishing I was international now so I could watch it on 4K on Netflix. Not sure I want to pay to stream it in 4K on Amazon every week when I already have the Syfy channel.

Invictus

Banned
Just found this show on accident on Amazon. Really good show. Aside from a few cheesy scenes this show seems to have a lot of potential. Hope it gets more seasons. Looking forward to season 2.

DrSlek

Hmm I always imagined her power armor to be a little bit bigger and more mech like.

They make specific mention in the second book that it's not big and bulky, but still almost bulletproof. They're designed for ship boarding operations, so if the user can't manoeuvre in tight corridors it's kind of useless to them.

Almost done with my rewatch of season 1, in 4K from amazon streaming it is absolutely glorious to watch. Everything is so crisp and beautiful, especially the space scenes.

The showrunner did a podcast the other day with the Wired Geeks guy, pretty good listen and I didn't know he was a writer on Trek TNG and Farscape. Sounds like the show is in really good hands, hope a lot of people watch the premiere to ensure a season 3.

He also mentioned season 2 will be 13 episodes long and pulls in stuff from book 2 and also the novellas (season 1 also pulled in the Fred Johnson novella). Reviewers have got access to the first 4 episodes of season 2, so beware spoilers on review sites.
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/geeks-guide-the-expanse-season-2/

Crispy75

Almost done with my rewatch of season 1, in 4K from amazon streaming it is absolutely glorious to watch. Everything is so crisp and beautiful, especially the space scenes.

The showrunner did a podcast the other day with the Wired Geeks guy, pretty good listen and I didn't know he was a writer on Trek TNG and Farscape. Sounds like the show is in really good hands, hope a lot of people watch the premiere to ensure a season 3.

He also mentioned season 2 will be 13 episodes long and pulls in stuff from book 2 and also the novellas (season 1 also pulled in the Fred Johnson novella). Reviewers have got access to the first 4 episodes of season 2, so beware spoilers on review sites.

Any S2/books spoilers in that podcast?

- EW review:
The heady sci-fi drama returns with a bit more muscle thanks to the debut of Martian Marine Bobbie Draper (Frankie Adams), a favorite from the books...Get on board now. Grade: A-
Print review, so I don't have a link.

Currently rewatching season 1. This show surprised the hell out me, it really seems like SyFy went all in on it and it definitely paid off. Inspired me to read Leviathan Wakes and Caliban's War, which were both fantastic.

Excited for season 2 to premiere, we're in for some real good shit.

d00d3n

That is awesome. Loved season 1 and expected the same number of episodes for season 2, but I will gladly take three more.

kirblar

I'm at the Alamo event. Got a free entree, free alcoholic drink, and $5 off the rest of the food order. Jesus, thanks Syfy marketing team and helpful Gaf posters!

Xe4

Banned
I'm fucking hyped. Season 1 was great, and I have a good (hopeful) feeling they will be able to keep it up.

jerry113

Banned
it's refreshing to see a space drama that takes place solely within our solar system. Really fleshes out the beauty of our closest celestial bodies that often goes unappreciated or unknown in fiction.

With the Prime deal, will the first episode be up on Amazon the next day or be included with Prime or anything?

Trying to figure out how I can stream this as I'll miss the premiere.

Top Bottom